It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth is we need Gun Control and Predictive Policing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Nobody will say "smart guns" would have stopped the el paso shooting?

Because a gun can be made any way you want to and that includes not adding smart tech. People aren't going to forget how to make weapons. Hell we can't run out of some of the resources if we tried. Like the basic components of gunpowder will always be available on Earth.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That is not a good idea at all who is to say who has a mental health issue. The will be used against us as in he got into alot of fights as a kid he is prone to violence. There are to many guns that don't have smart features and noone knows how many guns are already in the hands of civilians.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Gun Control and Predictive Policing.

That sounds pretty Dystopian..!!

Maybe we should also abolish the court system and give police the discretion to pass sentence and issue punishment on their own too.

Hell why stop there..

Make all citizens wear a collar or device that records and transmits their every thought and move and can be detonated at the whim of the controllers desire if they show signs of resistance...

Probably giving the Dems here ideas and wet dreams, better stop..lol

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So by predictive policing does that mean we are going to arrest someone before they commit a crime based on the results of the algorithm?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

How about better parenting? How about learning respect ? How about Not being an asshole?...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

...and watch what you say, as well. Both on line, and in public. Cut off in traffic, don't give the single finger salute...just wave in friendly fashion, or you may get a visit from the Po-po...

Predictive policing...such a bad idea. My opinions on further gun control are on record.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Let's say you have $500 million dollars to spend on saving lives.

Do you make cars safer, saving 10,000 lives a year, conservatively, or...

Do you spend it on hiring oh, say, 5000 clinical psychologists (at 100K a year) at every department store that might sell hunting rifles or target pistols or even SA handguns and save, oh, 20, or even 200 lives a year?

If it were me I'd spend it on making cars safer.

Though objectively speaking a 4,000 pound moving piece of metal filled with gasoline is a lot more dangerous than a 30 round magazine filled with .223 ammo made of lead, and can kill a lot more people depending on how it's aimed, people don't seem afraid of them at all and routinely go out among them, which we wouldn't do if they were wild animals with steel horns and hooves.

I'd spend part of that money to make sure people with ONE (1) DUI conviction were permanently prevented from driving...maybe by removing their feet, IDK. (kidding here, mostly). But I wouldn't let people with a DUI homicide back on the road if I had to imprison them for 20 years and they were no longer able to drive. It's not a deterrent to drinking and driving but it's a start.

HTH
edit on 4-8-2019 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2019 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We don't have decent gun control because of the republican party are slaves of the fascist NRA.

Not one republican politician has come on the air to comment on these terrible shootings. I'd call that having one's head in the sand---they're hiding.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Let me get this straight, the people lobbying to keep the 2nd amendment fully intact are fascist? I don't think you know what that word means...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Let me get this straight, the people lobbying to keep the 2nd amendment fully intact are fascist? I don't think you know what that word means...

The only thing most of these folks know about the NRA is what their bubble masters (MSNBC, CNN, etc.) tell them. And you are spot on with them not understanding what fascist means...as evidenced by the left’s undying love for ANTIFA.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You Say: … we need Gun Control and Predictive Policing

I reply: That Lifestyle would be like living under Sharia Law.... no Democracy, just local Clerics/Imams Dictating behaviors/allowable actions

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Allow me to put this in a language you might understand...

YOU CRAY-CRAY!!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
More laws, more laws, more laws, more laws, more laws, more laws, more laws, more laws ...

How that been working so far? More going fix it? We are going to find out soon.

Some people are going to be disappointed when it does not fix it.
edit on 8/4/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

PURE Political Propaganda here . Nice Try , maybe you get to a Few Brain Dead Zombies here on ATS , but the Majority just gotta Laugh at this LAME Post .............

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Screw it. Just take away all the guns. Oh and the cars. Oh and ANYTHING a human being can get their hands on that can be used to kill any other human. Thats the only variable here. Humans cannot be trusted to use a TOOL. Screw it. Next, herd us into camps and force us to do what you want until we are used up, then just inject us with window cleaner and throw us into piles. We cant be trusted to do anything but kill. Line up, get in line. This is f@#$ing clownworld.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

~sigh~

Dig into the one feature that is common with all these mass shooters...

Quoted for irony.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Only in the 90's did we start seeing a major issue.

Take a look at the 1970's and 1980's.

A lot of those seems to reflect a lack of focus on mental health.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
A lot of those seems to reflect a lack of focus on mental health.

Pretty much the same problem we have now.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Let's not bring self-driving cars into this lol.
But you did so...

I've personally driven over 500,000 miles since I got my first car in 1998 and I've never put a single scratch on any cars I've owned. I have had to avoid many other terrible drivers and nearly wrecked several times but got super lucky. I never once almost caused a wreck, but I've avoided many others who almost did.

That's because I'm a good driver with excellent awareness, instincts, and reaction times.

But I personally am very hopeful about self-driving cars because it will take all these horrible drivers off the road and lessen the car wrecks by 95% or more. I even think it's a good idea to prohibit most people from driving a vehicle unless they can pass a very in-depth driving test every few years. It needs to be way more difficult than the current standards.

Just imagine it, a world where car wrecks are a rarity.
A world where I no longer need to pay for insurance, inspections, licensing, etc.
Liability will fall entirely on the manufacturer and programmers.
A world where I can take a nap in the back seat, or sit there getting intoxicated, and it's totally OK!
No more getting pulled over by cops all the time - in fact we can do with way less cops in that world, they won't be needed so much.
No more DUI/DWI, no more losing a family member to horrible wrecks, all of this will be outdated.
No more gridlock traffic jams, etc.

If you really want to still drive, than just prove you're a pro. I can easily prove I'm a pro driver. Heck I could do it on my worst days. But I'm tired of all these horrible drivers so I'd love to see the age of self-driving cars get here asap.

Don't be so indignant about this. Embrace the future. Things will be far better than they are today when people aren't driving around all the time. Robot cars are the way to go here and the benefits far outweigh whatever detriments you might be afraid of.

There will always be room for pro drivers to own their own 67 Chevy and drive it around old-school style. But you'll need a ton of money to make that happen.

With self-driving fleet vehicles I can save 90%+ of my money and just order a ride on the rare occasion I need to go somewhere that I can't walk to. Instead of spending thousands per year on driving I can spend a few hundred or less. This is the future and I really think you should consider the benefits here.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join