It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth is we need Gun Control and Predictive Policing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: darkbake
If politicians were smart enough, they would find a reasonable solution to gun control that didn't interfere with Second Amendment rights too much.

I see the concept of inalienable Rights confuses you. Any government "interference" against a Right is, by definition, an infringement on the Right.

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile, as the saying goes.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Which is, of course, why we cannot compromise on issues involving Rights. Compromise must be each side receiving something they want while giving in and not receiving some other thing they want... the reactionary fascists calling for gun control, even what they sugar cost as "reasonable" are losing nothing while demanding those who value their Rights give some portion of it up.

On the other side of this, are these people effing insane? How many hundreds of thousands have died securing and defending those Rights for us all? But we are supposed to be shocked into handing them over after an incident like this? Not a chance.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The concept of human and civil rights is foreign to most people these days.

They have been conditioned and taught that "control" exists and works. They have also been taught that by merely passing new laws that they can exert effective control over others.

What they failed to notice was reality however.
Does passing a speed limit law, then spending millions posting signs all along all the roads prevent people from speeding? No, because in my experience, at least half the population is willing to speed still. All you need to do is take a ride somewhere and you'll see people speeding virtually everywhere on any day at any given time. It's widespread and prevalent.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Its selective, which indicates they absolutely understand the concepts. I mean we have seen the same fools scream and cry that such things as defunding Planned Parenthood violates the "right" of a woman to abort her baby... an unenumerated right which they conveniently understand the position of zero room for compromise.

So I blame reactionaries who are unwittingly serving as tools for the same globalists that brought us Hitler disarming German civilians, Stalin disarming Russian civilians, and the EU disarming their civilians.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Why not just put everyone in our own little 4 x 6 cell with padded walls, then we would all be safe from the evil guns!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: darkbake

What new law would hsve stopped this?
I will wait....

You can have tougher laws on the books when it comes to people buying guns with mental problems. I guarantee we will hear about all of the red flags like with the Parkland shooter.

We mix this with Predictive Policing.

Again, people need to realize, this has nothing to do with privacy. We're in the age of Big Data and there's nobody with a file cabinet with your info in it. This will be vast amounts of data and human eyes will only see around 4-5% of the data when the intelligent algorithm flags it.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Who determines when someone is so crazy that they need be denied their rights without a trial? The government? A conservative government or a liberal government?

On what should they base their decision? Facebook posts? Emails? Twitter? ATS? Ex-spouses? Credit scores? Shopping habits?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Who determines when someone is so crazy that they need be denied their rights without a trial? The government? A conservative government or a liberal government?

On what should they base their decision? Facebook posts? Emails? Twitter? ATS? Ex-spouses? Credit scores? Shopping habits?

Don't you worry about that Dr. Doom.
You just go enjoy tinkering with your robots in Latveria and keep your mind off things like this.

So long as they get the Power they want over everyone, everything will be A-OK!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
There's another ongoing test in Dayton Ohio right now 😎

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   

What an ignorant rant from an uneducated fool you and gun control,oldest trick in book,everyone turns gun in,then 1 man with gun controls all,get an education of reasoning

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The majority of Americans will demand strict gun control eventually. More are awakening to that realization every day.

It doesn't take a "mass" shooting to drive that awakening either. Just seeing a chart of the number of firearm murders in the USA every day of the year, is a real eye-opener.

I'm surprised the Democrats running for President are focusing on fixing the gun problem, as much as fixing the healthcare problem. Both are important to everyday Americans.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
OP,

Simple question(s) for you...

How many guns did it take to perpetrate the largest mass murder in the history of the USA?? How many shots were fired on September 11, 2001???? 3,000 dead.

How many guns were used at the Federal Building in Oklahoma City in April 1995???? 168 dead.

How many guns were used to kill 31 people at the train station in Kunming, China on March 1, 2014???

How many guns were used to kill 87 people at the Happy Land club in Brooklyn, NY in March of 1990???

How many guns did it take to kill 86 people and maim more than 450 others in Nice, France on July 14, 2016?

Answer- NONE! ZERO!! NOT A SINGLE GUN OR SHOT FIRED!

edit on 8/4/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I don't doubt it, but again how do you prevent it's use to get rid of people?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic>>> The left forgets that if they get the police state they so desperately want, THEY'LL be the ones that get slapped around the hardest. Protests in major cities? You'll get stomped on by police boots. THINK, people.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I don't know,I'm just speculating . If we had solid evidence why these shooting are so common place in the USA we would not be having this conversation.

We do, but some people just want to focus on the existence of guns and the ability to own them, and politicizing it, instead of focusing on some of the larger causes.

As was already stated, Big Pharma and pill pushing Doctors to name a couple.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

1. We need more Gun Control. I'm a Conservative Independent and when people act like any gun control measures will be taking away their rights, it's just nonsense. We can make harder for those with mental illness to get a gun. We can have tougher background checks and add extra layers in order to buy a gun. We did the right thing in banning bum stocks

I lean left on pretty much everything, and I agree with you on this. Making it harder for crazy people to get weapons shouldn't be viewed as infringing on the 2nd amendment. In this day and age something like that is needed. Whether people want to admit it or not.

Again, the problem here is that you're placing the power to make that determination into the hands of the government. People with their own agendas. I decide you have TDS, and so I deem it necessary to revoke some of your rights, for the greater good. Or you decide to revoke mine, because I voted for Trump, for the greater good.

Its not a black or white issue, and this solution is highly susceptible to corruption.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Only in the 90's did we start seeing a major issue.

Take a look at the 1970's and 1980's.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

LOL. This is just comical.

I'm a Conservative Independent

IOW, you are ignorant and believe at least half of what the media tells you on the issues.

when people act like any gun control measures will be taking away their rights, it's just nonsense.

When the government "regulates" do you get more rights or less rights, on average?

We did the right thing in banning bum stocks

Because they were used in a *single* shooting? If you've ever fired with a bump stock you'd know that it's not an effective means of killing anything. It's a novelty. Which is why I don't really care that they're banned other than the principle of the matter.

We need to have smart guns and smart gun technology that can be added to existing weapons.

There are 300 million guns in america. Guns are 18th century technology you can make in your garage.

These guns can have sensors that detect when you're entering a shopping center and disable the gun.

Yes, this way when the criminals bypass the security on the gun, no one in the store can fire back. GENIUS!

You can make it mandatory that all guns are equipped with smart gun technology.

I have a better idea, you make it mandatory people not kill others.

We need Predictive Policing

Ahhh yes, conservatives are all about using the cops to arrest people who haven't done anything illegal.

but the ACLU and Liberals in Congress will scream about privacy.

So will I. You can take your orwellian nightmare of an idea and stick it where the sun don't shine.

With the growth of big data, we're all sitting ducks if we don't allow the latest intelligent algorithms to find potential terrorists and mass shooters buried in all of the data.

Except this duck is armed and shoots back? Not really a sitting duck... but hey you keep on with the crazy ideas.

Again, the ACLU acts like we're in the old days of Hoover where some G-Man has a drawer full of manila folders with info on it. We're talking about more data than anyone can look at or understand. This is why we need these algorithms in the first place.

So, because a person doesn't collect the data, only programs what flags, they're no longer a corruptible person and our data is totally safe with them... yeah, you're going down a really weird path right now.

So 96 to 98% of the data will never bee seen by human eyes. Humans will just see the flagged data.

In case I wasn't clear before, what's to stop them from flagging data for personal reasons? The naivete you're showing is breathtaking.

This flagged data will lead you to potential mass shooters and terrorists. These people will be talked to and monitored.

Now we just have to go back to parkland to see that it actually won't happen. They have a vested interest in these shootings it seems. You're playing right into their hands, believing all of the fear mongering.

If you don't do Predictive Policing then we're all doomed.

... c'mon now... certainly you can see how over the top this is. We are a country of 300 million people, since 1949 a grand total of 479 people have died in mass shootings.

I hate to say it, but I don't know how the nation survives when it's this polarized.

It won't. Plain and simple, there will be a civil war. We're already in one, really, it's just non-violent for the most part.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Lumenari

~sigh~

We need to find out why everyone over 6 is being prescribed psychotropic drugs.

Dig into the one feature that is common with all these mass shooters...

America has had 200+ years of gun culture. Only in the 90's did we start seeing a major issue. I think you're right.

I would also like to rephrase what you said as "Americans have had 200+ years of a freedom culture. Individual rights."

We're starting to get pushback on that from globalists and Progressives because they feel that they've dumbed us down enough as a country that they can finally get a little further on that pesky "disarm the peasants" issue they have.

There was a planet the Starship Enterprise visited with Capt Kirk. On that planet war was delegated to a computer deciding which area on the planet was hit by a faux missile. All the people were to show up at a designated suicide station to become the casualty's of war so that no violence occurred. The computer chose the Humans location while Kirk was visiting. Kirk refused to off himself or his crew. These anti 2A people would show up and off themselves without question like those people if that was their planet. It seems to me that is how bad the citizens against 2A are brainwashed.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

That's why they salivate over robot cars and thus exerting control over your ability to drive your own vehicle. They even want to make it impossible for you to own your own car. You'll call a fleet car which then drives you where you want to go.

Notice how the Millennials are supposedly not excited about learning to drive?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join