It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth is we need Gun Control and Predictive Policing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: neoholographic

~sigh~

We need to find out why everyone over 6 is being prescribed psychotropic drugs.

Dig into the one feature that is common with all these mass shooters...

America has had 200+ years of gun culture. Only in the 90's did we start seeing a major issue. I think you're right.

That combined with a glorifying of war , Americans are used as the globalists hammer, the need for soldiers outweighs the consequences or should I say fall out .

So the highest percentage of gun-related murders in the USA is gang related.

How exactly does that fit in with your not-so-brilliant post?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It's the Ritalin Society 🎯

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

~sigh~

America has had 200+ years of gun culture. Only in the 90's did we start seeing a major issue. I think you're right.

I would also like to rephrase what you said as "Americans have had 200+ years of a freedom culture. Individual rights."

We're starting to get pushback on that from globalists and Progressives because they feel that they've dumbed us down enough as a country that they can finally get a little further on that pesky "disarm the peasants" issue they have.

link   

~sigh~

Amen to that why all the kiddy drugs being pushed in our schools and society.

link   

~sigh~

That combined with a glorifying of war , Americans are used as the globalists hammer, the need for soldiers outweighs the consequences or should I say fall out .

I think that has very little to do with it. I think its the drugs, and a lack of being able to cope and overcome even the smallest of adversities.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
You think profiling society is a good idea? You’re willing to give up your privacy and your freedom that easy? Are you insane? There’s to much of it going on as it is. I personally don’t want to live in your Orwellian world, thanks but no thanks.

Who are you giving your privacy up to?

Again, people don't understand technology. We're not in the days of J. Edgar Hoover where there's manila folders with your info on it.

We live in an age of big data.

We conduct more than half of our web searches from a mobile phone now.
More than 3.7 billion humans use the internet (that’s a growth rate of 7.5 percent over 2016).
On average, Google now processes more than 40,000 searches EVERY second (3.5 billion searches per day)!
While 77% of searches are conducted on Google, it would be remiss not to remember other search engines are also contributing to our daily data generation. Worldwide there are 5 billion searches a day.

Every minute:

Snapchat users share 527,760 photos
More than 120 professionals join LinkedIn
Users watch 4,146,600 YouTube videos
456,000 tweets are sent on Twitter
Instagram users post 46,740 photos

1.5 billion people are active on Facebook daily
Europe has more than 307 million people on Facebook
There are five new Facebook profiles created every second!
More than 300 million photos get uploaded per day
Every minute there are 510,000 comments posted and 293,000 statuses updated

Big Data

It has NOTHING to do with privacy.

You need intelligent algorithms to make correlations within the data that no human can ever make because it's too much data.

Like I said, 95% of the data will never be seen by human eyes.
edit on 3-8-2019 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: watchandwait410

It is inevitable if we want to keep our rights to bare arms. Prolly won't be perfect at first but better and better generations will eventually get to a less killing. Tech it seems is the only solution I can see.

Also, WE NEED PREDICTIVE POLICING! We're generating HUGE AMOUNTS of Data and that will only increase with the Internet of Things. It has nothing to do with privacy. Human eyes will not see 95% of the data. It can't because it's too vast.

Nonsense, it has everything to do with privacy. Do you really think that the majority of people are stupid enough to believe that?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

~sigh~

I would also like to rephrase what you said as "Americans have had 200+ years of a freedom culture. Individual rights."

We're starting to get pushback on that from globalists and Progressives because they feel that they've dumbed us down enough as a country that they can finally get a little further on that pesky "disarm the peasants" issue they have.

Yeah I guess that sounds better.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Having spent a good chunk of my life bouncing from one drug to another, I can testify(mah brother) to what it did to me. I finally figured it out 3/4 through my life and took myself off them. The after effects are almost debilitating, its almost like I'm still on them. I guess I was lucky to have been in on early times, as it wasnt as pushed as it is now. Now, its INSTANT analysis and PUSH THOSE MEDS. It also hasnt helped that everyone now seems to think its some sort of ego boosting METOO! badge to wear when you take these drugs, and docs are all to quick to be your local pusher.
edit on 3-8-2019 by BoscoMoney because: cuz

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You think profiling society is a good idea? You’re willing to give up your privacy and your freedom that easy? Are you insane? There’s to much of it going on as it is. I personally don’t want to live in your Orwellian world, thanks but no thanks.

Again, people don't understand technology. We're not in the days of J. Edgar Hoover where there's manila folders with your info on it.

More than 3.7 billion humans use the internet (that’s a growth rate of 7.5 percent over 2016).
On average, Google now processes more than 40,000 searches EVERY second (3.5 billion searches per day)!
While 77% of searches are conducted on Google, it would be remiss not to remember other search engines are also contributing to our daily data generation. Worldwide there are 5 billion searches a day.

Every minute:

Big Data

You need intelligent algorithms to make correlations within the data that no human can ever make because it's too much data.

And how long before someone who may be upset gets their face scanned by some AI and is flagged as a potential threat before having done something? And how do you determine that this person is indeed not a threat, and will never be a threat?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

~sigh~

America has had 200+ years of gun culture. Only in the 90's did we start seeing a major issue.

But that's not exactly true is it?

I mean, didn't they originally ban machine guns in like the 1930's, because of all the shootings that were occuring on the streets?

link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I think that one Tom Cruise movie answered this question.

link   

Just... LOL

Metadata gathering is not going to be used by a benevolent AI to tell Robocop where the next crime is going to happen.

It is going to be sifted by keyword, assigned a number (let's say possible aggression) and then a human operator will get an alert if the number is too high, by whatever standard the current government deems to be dangerous to them.

Google is already doing it, Twitter, Facebook, the NSA...

The idea is rife with possible corruption.

So just... no.

By the way... bio-metric triggers, etc?

The minute they become widespread is the minute you see gun hackers getting around that.

So all you are doing is promoting the next level of criminal.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I dont have any problem controlling my guns...

That being said, who gets to decide what a mental illness is?
Oh, you were on antidepressants after your divorce ten years ago so no guns for you.

Once you let the Government get its foot in to door it's all over.

No thanks

link   
I see it everyday with the meds. The number of people on psychotropic drugs would amaze you, especially young people. Back when I first stared practicing pharmacy, it was contraindicated to give SSRI's to anyone under age 18 due to risk of suicidal ideations.....now it is common place. This generation of kids is way over medicated. perhaps there is some sort of correlation here.

multiple edits to due to ATS going wonky
edit on pm88201919America/Chicago03p07pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

link   
That is unless they want to dredge up some thought crime from the past into the future they will have all the evidene.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

~sigh~

America has had 200+ years of gun culture. Only in the 90's did we start seeing a major issue.

But that's not exactly true is it?

I mean, didn't they originally ban machine guns in like the 1930's, because of all the shootings that were occuring on the streets?

Which was in response to the Mafia, not random people on psychotropic drugs, and later gutted by the Supreme Court in 1968.
edit on 3-8-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I think that one Tom Cruise movie answered this question.

That's kind of what I'm getting at.

You'd have to lock people up indefinitely, or lobotomize them, out of fear that one day they may act.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Every minute:

Big Data

And how long before someone who may be upset gets their face scanned by some AI and is flagged as a potential threat before having done something? And how do you determine that this person is indeed not a threat, and will never be a threat?

LOL, that's not how it works.

An intelligent algorithm will look at social media posts and more and make correlations in the data. It will then flag 4 to 5% of the data and most of it will never be seen by human eyes.

There's no other way to find a signal in all of the noise.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

~sigh~

So the highest percentage of gun-related murders in the USA is gang related.

How exactly does that fit in with your not-so-brilliant post?

I wouldn't expect you to understand as you are one of those hammers, gang culture is only part of the problem and is most certainly fueled by the need glorifying if violence.

Also you seem need to belittle anyone that dares think outside your very tiny little box you dwell in, it must be hard being so unhappy all the Time

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join