It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shutting off notifications really improved my Chrome performance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I rarely go to my Facebook page. Occasionally I like to post off the wall stuff. I haven't posted to my wall in over year. A few days ago I posted and there was a popup that came up. But I clicked on it but I thought it was just some BS message from Facebook. What it did was turn on Facebook notifications in my browser. So today I found all the Facebook notifications popping up really irritating. So I starting hacking about the settings to shut if off. I notice there were a ton of things requiring notifications. So I shut it ALL OFF. And now my browser is waking much faster. I would rather have pages load as fast as possible than have extra HTTP traffic on crap I can look at when I want to look at it. That's what makes the internet great is I am in charge of what I read. It's really irritating to me when the internet starts showing me stuff I never asked to look it.

Anyway, shutting off notifications sped my Chrome browser. Much better.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I recommend Brave browser, especially if the user likes Chrome.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Anyone tolerating popups in this day and age is an insult to our species, IMO.

The Brave suggestion is alright- I just started checking it out on the pc a few days back but I've been using it for a few years on mobile and the only complaints I have are how websites don't "just work"- but all of the problems are easily tracked back to "working" meaning implicit spying on you.

The internet was a much better place when it was only nerds. Once the average idiot started logging on it all went to hell.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

The days of USENET news groups.

top topics

join