It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media Platforms Allow Harassment Of Murder Victim Shannon Watts Family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This article got me so pissed off, I inadvertently clicked "enter" and posted this thread, when I was just starting to type it out...my apologies.

Just read that the father, of murdered victim Shanann Watts, had to hold a press conference, just to complain about his family being harassed by keyboard warriors (A-Holes) on facebook, Twitter and YouTube. He stated that he and his family have received death threats and "have been ridiculed, demeaned, slandered, [and] mocked in the most vicious ways you can imagine."

Shanann’s father told reporters that his family had been repeatedly subjected to false rumors and lies that were being spread against them on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter since his daughter and granddaughters were murdered, KMGH reported.

“I don’t want to go into the specifics, but I will say that our family, including Shanann and her children – and our grandchildren – have been ridiculed, demeaned, slandered, [and] mocked in the most vicious ways you can imagine,” Rzucek said. “This is so wrong. It is cruel. It is heartless.”

LINK

I wonder if this was caused by the BS story that Christopher Watts initially told investigators, about Shanann being the one who killed their two girls and that he then murdered her in a fit of rage. Do some ignorant people actually believe this crap story that Watts told?

Nevertheless, how the heck can these social media giants allow this, especially when they have no problem censoring conservative free speech, including "hate" speech from their platforms? How is mocking a murdered woman, along with her murdered children and surviving family members NOT hateful??

edit on 8/3/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I click and click and click but the message does not go away.

duh okay... I get it...
edit on 3-8-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I see the problem with the people that do this, not the platform.

It is hard to get around this topic lately. When someone popular dies, minutes later, people in my generation (20ish to 30ish) target 6-16 year olds with their "Ghost of X" videos just for fame (money).

Lately, I heard in office, someones relatives son (10) was obsessed with seeing that RoadRunner episode where the cyotee eats road runner. Because they see # like that from their "adult"-heroes and believe every word they hear.

Like from a cooler older brother, just that it is money greedy creeps who use them over the internet with zero remorse.

It is like Teletubbies, just mind dumbing. But this time it is real persons acting like their target group and getting some kind of kick out of that probably.
edit on 3-8-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I’m with ya, It’s fricken sickening.

Same thing happened to the families of the Sandy Hook... still happening even to them.
Why demean the family. Why?
They have gone through one of the most horrid tragedies life can throw at you.

And they are right, people are banned from those stupid social media platforms for having a certain political view.
And yet this is okay?

new topics

top topics

join