It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault on Citizens in El Paso

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuraser

You must not have ever been to the middle east, Africa, or Honduras to name a few.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It is the Human condition, we tend to prey on each other. If not physically then psychologically and emotionally. Personally, the day we plowed the first furrow and stopped hunting and gathering we lost our humanity. Things and self became the center of our existence. Some may say we are a broken species lost without our natural environment. Perhaps that is why we are so hostile to each other even with all our technology. We just seem to get meaner with time.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

We both agree it is the lack of an authentic hierarchy in society. When I was a kid, religion (no I am not religious), family values, respect for authoritay and several other systems of hierarchy were fully functional and authenticated by most in the community. I am not saying these systems are good but they served a purpose. In the 60's, these systems began to either became flawed are tarnished by outside events that made them lose favor in the human psych. People seemed to become disassociated with traditional cultural norms and leaned closer to self needs instead of community or national needs. In short, we lost our glue. My wife said so many times parents would just drop their kid off at the mental hospital and in a round about way say they couldn't handle the child, fix them. I have heard her peers say the same. Without hierarchy based systems many parents mostly single parents no longer desired traditional approaches to rearing children. After a few generations like that, we see more and more failed parenting probably because the parent stands alone and has little or no system to rely on at all. I doubt we will regain those systems. The question now is what will replace the lost systems. I hope it is not the Police State. Back in the late 1920's and early 1930's, German citizens were terrorized by a crime wave like Germany had ever seen. It became easy for them the accept the NAZIs because they were promising safety and security when no other groups were. We need to keep our heads cool on this and national unity would be a start but, where do we draw that from. Politically, socially and ethnically we are divided people.

<< 1   >>

join