It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault on Citizens in El Paso

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It seems plausible we may not have so much of a gun problem but a mental health problem. Consider the drastic advancement in technology on the human psych or perhaps the loss of traditional social norms (family, religion, community trust etc). These events are becoming commonplace to the point people expect them. Meanwhile, civil liberties stand at risk because many Americans are willing to give up liberties for the sake of safety and security. How do we police ourselves with civility when these violent attacks become over the top compared to normal crime and violence? This is a real S**t Sandwich when we look at the grand scope of mayhem occurring almost on a weekly basis. What happens when society becomes numb to the violence? Which I fear it is. I can't even fathom a solution that maintains civil liberties, it's just too complex and overwhelming. Is it the rapid advance of technology, the withdrawal of most from traditional bonds or something more complex? It is not just the U. S. it seems to be happening throughout the modern world. I fear we may have to accept personal restrictions in order to have safety and security. Humanity is at a major crossroads and no one or group seems to have an idea as to which direction we need to turn. I don't want to give up my liberties for the sake of safety because eventually, some jerk in government will surely use our reduced liberties to their advantage. This isn't doom and gloom, the trends are occurring right in front of us. Maybe Humans cannot be trusted to act accordingly for the betterment of others. Someone tell me I am wrong but red flags are flying everywhere.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ServiusTull

Very odd introduction I must say.
Did you perhaps put this in the wrong forum?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

No as far as I know, I cannot yet post anywhere outside of intro.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Nice to know someone else noticed Tulsi by the way.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I have been somewhat active on her campaign. As in I give some money sometimes to make myself feel better.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Her platform seems to be the most intelligent of the Dem Crew. I like her style and her approach. Question is, can she be heard over the madness. lol

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Very thought provoking and well said. I agree with you entirely. Unfortunately, if intuition has taught me anything, I solemnly sense that Mankind is most certainly headed down the path of no return. We have critically wounded the planet, and the damage is simply irreversible. I cannot help but feel as though we are headed towards an inevitably dim and grim future. The flags fly blood red. Truly nefarious forces of disunity are threatening our existence at this very moment. It is up to us. Each and every individual is powerful enough to unlock their inner full potential. I truly believe this will soon become a very normalized experience as humans around the world begin to experiment with more with complex brain machine interfaces. Consider the possibility that one day, sooner than later, humans develop technology capable of successfully stimulating billions of neurons in seconds. The possibilities of such a technology would be truly inexplicable. It reminds me of the Matrix, to be honest. Reality is an illusion, albeit a very persistent one...
edit on 3-8-2019 by spicynachos23 because: misspoke

edit on 3-8-2019 by spicynachos23 because: changed "truly pure forces" to "nefarious" because such forces mentioned actually contradict the meaning of purity.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spicynachos23

LOL are we related? Spot on Friend. I too see advanced technology or our response to advance technology is proving more challenging than has been thought out. When I was a kid before I realized religion was a dead end, many predicted a rapture type event of massive destruction. Sadly, we will end in a whimper unless we spread out elsewhere and get away from each other. We just don't play well with others and technology brings to many of us together. Kinda like the only open bar in town that runs out of booze on celebratory night.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

This is a horrible occurance, without a doubt. I can't imagine the heartache of the victim's families.

When you put it in perspective, however, it's an average weekend of shootings in Chicago.

I guess I'm wondering why ppl find one situation an outrageous tragedy, and the other a meh situation?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 3-8-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

(post by jamespond removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Tulsi sure is cute too

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I believe this is all due to the last few generations of kids being raised on powerful mood altering drugs. It is usually (but not always) people between their teens and early 30s who commit these mass shootings and they have almost always been on either some sort of ADD/ADHD drugs, anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds for their entire lives. It is quite different for kids to take these drugs than adults because their brain connections are still forming and the chemicals alter the connections. We really shouldn't be surprised that mass killings are becoming more common. Add to the mix the MSM and social media giants doing a real fine job of keeping everyone in an emotional tizzy and you have a recipe for disaster!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Wait what? Mach2 made a good point. We have a serious problem here. Beyond simple politics. Mach2 is only stating the reality of our society. Put your politics aside for a minute and think about the huge amount of violence we are experiencing across the board. Don't come on my stream beating up people for expressing themselves. Mach2, speak your mind, I promise not to insult you out of hand. To you Jamespond, you are rude corridor thinking person. Problems will never be solved with direct assaults on a person.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

So mentioning Chicago makes it political left right? You may want to cool your jets calling names it is not tolerated here.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

My wife is a Retired Psych Nurse and can tell you first hand we took on most of these mental health problems with all thumbs but, no one was listening. So, to many mental health "professionals" cashed out and became drug dealers. Now we are dealing with all the short cut results.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServiusTull
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

My wife is a Retired Psych Nurse and can tell you first hand we took on most of these mental health problems with all thumbs but, no one was listening. So, to many mental health "professionals" cashed out and became drug dealers. Now we are dealing with all the short cut results.

From your wife's professional point of view what caused the shift from school room discipline to just giving out drugs?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
is sniper flash mobs

followed by some mkultra patsy blamed seems the recurring problem

again and again

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Hmph lazy parenting.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou AMERICANS ARE FAR BETTER AT KILLING EACH OTHER THAN ANYONE ON THE PLANET

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join