It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hispanic" - Oh FFS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hispanic means Spanish speaking in this context. Brazilians are Latino, not Hispanic.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

"Hispanic" has everything to do with language but not a single thing to do with skin tone. You silly silly person.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Are you seriously that offended by someone using a legitimate term for "Spanish speaking" to describe people? It is neither derogatory or a made-up nickname intended to harass. It seems like if you were going to be offended by something it would be that some asshat, for whatever reason, decided to shoot up a crowd of people- including children!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

My ex-hubbs' family on his dad's side are from Mexico. Meaning, his dad's parents were born and grew up in Mexico, and his dad spent part of his life in Mexico. They have a last name (and so now so do I, as I kept his last name when we divorced) that sounds Mexican/Hispanic.

But do NOT say that they are Mexican or Hispanic! They are SPANISH. That's what they say. They are pretty picky about it!

And, they do have blue eyes and light skin. So, maybe they really are descendants of Spaniards.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Should we use Spanish - American instead? Like African -American?

I could be Scottish-American with a little of Viking - American in me.

How about the media and everyone just say, some guy shot up a bunch of people and get rid of stereotypes all together.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I am so sick of this. When are you knobs going to learn skin color is a by product of your ancestors environment? (Most the time) helpful hint - the closer your ancestors were to the equator, more likely than not you have a darker skin tone. Quit trying to check a box and look for a root cause because it doesn’t matter what skin tone someone has in relation to crime.

And if anyone doesn’t understand what I’m saying - it’s a multitude of factors, everything from upbringing, prescribed medication, culture and a plethora of other variables.
edit on 38082019 by Variable2027 because: (no reason given)

edit on 38082019 by Variable2027 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Damn!
This is the first I’ve heard of this happening.
I just read the story.
Don’t get me wrong, these mass shootings are utterly senseless and usually carried out by some inbred moron.
But do people really feel the need to “condemn” the attack?
And if someone who is popular on social media or in the political space and they don’t issue a statement saying “ I condemn this idiocy”... then they are suddenly the bad guy.
Like Walmart issued a statement saying we condemn this act of violence..
Well no crap meatball, every and anyone in their right mind does. But we do not feel the need to let everyone know.
It should go without saying that everyone that has 2 brain cells to knock around, condemns acts like this.
Sorry... my rant is over.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
People from south of the border are of three people groups
Native indigenous
Spanish
Mixed Spanish and Native

The pure bloods Spanish look down on the mixed and the mixed looks down on the native.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Same as in Asia, the whiter your skin the better.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Same as in Asia, the whiter your skin the better.

Is it obvious? It is in Mexico.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
He is talking about another group of humans as if they are animals.

"racism" is an incorrect term in this sense.

What this shooter is doing, is more like dehumanizing.

I would consider his demeanor worse than racism.
edit on 3-8-2019 by Archivalist because: es

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Oh yes, huge consumers of skin whitening products. Small differences in shades is a huge deal.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They are often called Latinos. Curious, I bet less than one in ten thousand speak Latin. Maybe a few odd catholic priests and such.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
They are often called Latinos. Curious, I bet less than one in ten thousand speak Latin. Maybe a few odd catholic priests and such.

Yup. My dad spoke Latin. He went to the seminary. Lol. Anyways... I am what I consider is a Latino. But first and foremost, I'm an American. I feel American. I feel nothing else. As far as my genetic background, its very diverse. I'm 13 different ethnicities. 13! I had my DNA checked. Lol. What makes a "Hispanic" a "Hispanic" is his or her Native American genes. It's not even "Spanish". Let's be honest, it's how brown you are. It's how "native" you are. I am only 35 percent Spanish. My kids are less than that. But yo, they are "latinos" too. My kids look like white kids. Like your white kids. I'm on the darker side. I'm 40 percent Native.

My problem is that the government has grouped a bunch of people together and called them all "Hispanic". That includes black, asian, brown and my white ass kids. Me, as an American have nothing in common with the rest of the "Hispanics".

I dont even speak Spanish.

As far as I'm concerned, all you white Cherokees out there are "Hispanic" too.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

"Latin"? As in, the "ancient" language from the time of the Roman Empire in "Italy" and beyond?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
People from south of the border are of three people groups
Native indigenous
Spanish
Mixed Spanish and Native

The pure bloods Spanish look down on the mixed and the mixed looks down on the native.

Stupid humans. Always dividing each other with nonsense. Come 2029 CE, I will squash you all and your tiny little planet like the ants that you are.

- The Engineers (aka "The Space Jockeys")

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Why would they when the reference is to Latin America.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join