It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laugh About Dying John Paul II - Bad Humour now Hate Speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Your definition of hate speech is a good example of bad definition. I can give you another definition in the same vein: to dislike talking.

In order to successfully prosecute against hate speech, you MUST prove the speech was intended to injure, threaten, or cooerce the target. I suggest you contact the ACLU if you need any further guidance.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
How about instead of continuing to bait and banter each other, namely OOPS and Kinja, how about get back to the topic at hand, maybe?

seekerof

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I can give you another definition in the same vein: to dislike talking.

That was true poetry...I laughed MFAO

it could have been : to strongly dislike my 11th grade elective class

Without the Bait and Banter this topic is dead. This guy really thinks he's right and we don't so now what...just sit and wait for someone else to make some irrelevant remark??

[edit on 4-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You guys really think you are smart eh?

The man you are making jokes about is the Pope. Obviously, but some will need this tidbit.

The "Pope" is his rank in the Catholic Church. That man has done nothing of interest that was not directly associated with the Catholic Church.

That man you wish to crack jokes on is Karol Jozef Wojtyla.

Your jokes are not directed at Karol Jozef Wojtyla they are directed at the POPE. the leader of the Catholic Church. You know him for nothing outside the Church. Your jokes are hate speech directed at the Church

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja
You guys really think you are smart eh?

The man you are making jokes about is the Pope. Obviously, but some will need this tidbit.

The "Pope" is his rank in the Catholic Church. That man has done nothing of interest that was not directly associated with the Catholic Church.

That man you wish to crack jokes on is Karol Jozef Wojtyla.

Your jokes are not directed at Karol Jozef Wojtyla they are directed at the POPE. the leader of the Catholic Church. You know him for nothing outside the Church. Your jokes are hate speech directed at the Church

Actually I have another post here on ATS how Karol as you put it may be from Jewish Descent..check it out! Does this mean I am making hate speech against Jews and Catholics??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you say the Pope is part of the instution that is correct.

If you talk about a dying man you are talking about a man, not about a dying institution.... the difference if very clear. Look at the headlines, they don't even say pope. They say "There is nothing funny about this man dying, or is there?"

EDIT: So I do think these jokes are aimed at Karol, not the papalcy

[edit on 4-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
None of your jokes are about the Man thats not the Pope. And none of your jokes are about Karol Jozef Wojtyla.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja
None of your jokes are about the Man thats not the Pope. And none of your jokes are about Karol Jozef Wojtyla.

Welp, they're not my jokes. The only statement I made with this thread is that the U.S. politician who is Polish said these statements were hate speech and extreme or, the most extreme example of hate speech.

Well I see a picture of a man with funny clothes and a bunch of jokes about him dying...Get over it. As much as you want people to persecute your faith it's just not happening...yet

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
As this thread has devolved into a snipe and grudge match with little relevance to the initial topic it will be closed. Please return to you regularly scheduled program.

Thanks
FredT

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join