It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laugh About Dying John Paul II - Bad Humour now Hate Speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What? You don't think "Don't think about eels, they scary" is funny? Also, the one with "Michael Jackson to poor to buy bones" is funny, he buys all kinds of crazy things, zoo, amuesment park, new face, new skin color....

Only about 8 of those were funny, the rest either strange or don't make sense.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
If you replace the word pope with 'homo' or 'negro' it would be hate speech. But it's okay to make fun of the right as long as your the left but not vice versa.
Liberal hypocrite

Are you a professional agitator trying to reinforce the corroded illusion of politics in America? What does this conversation have to do with left and right, liberal and conservative? Do you just delight in giving people the impression there is no collusion when there most certainly is? Do you actually believe there's any difference between the puppet in the red tie and the puppet in the blue tie? What does it matter what color tie the puppet is wearing when it bends you over?

Liberal..Why is that always your insult? Why is it a perpetual fetish for you and so many others here to bring it all back around to the Returdlican/Democrap debate? The whole argument is bunk, tired, meaningless, and inflamatory. Why can't we have a single non-weather-related conversation without going down this road?

Pope is his title, it's not an insult. ??? What are you on about? 'Homo' is word that has been deemed baiting language, and therfore hurtful. Since when is 'Pope' hurtful? Do you mean the word Pope is synonamous with the word homo, that they can be interchanged at will, cause I think that might be considered hate speech? I'd watch it BattleofBatoche... Born again Christian Stormtroopers might mistake YOU for a dirty liberal...

Do you have proof that I'm either a liberal or a hypocrite? What about oops, are you going to show us examples of your proof that he's a democrat? Prove it or STFU.

You've been brainwashed to believe that liberal=bad (the brain can't tell the difference between that and bad=liberal), and so everytime you are confronted, your brain labels your enemy a liberal. That's lazy, and weak, weak, weak!

BTW, the Pope will be replace with a 'negro' as you so timidly said..LOL Just you wait and see. It won't be a joke, you wish, it will be the black pope! Shaft! Ohhhohhh! Shaft! He's a bad holy fatha.. Shut yo' mouth! I'm just talkin' bout Shaft!

Was that offensive to black people? Gimme a break. Give us all a break.

Every time a person like you gets mad, they blame the opposite party. It's a ridiculous illusion of right and wrong, good and bad. I can't fathom how simple you must think the world is to be able to divide it into only two shades.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Let me clarify my comments...I feel that this is offensive, tasteless etc. however I do see it as protected speech under the first amendment of our constitution since it doesn't present a clear and present danger to anyone.

Glad to hear you say that. I fully agree with you by the way, it is offensive, it is tasteless. I for one enjoy being tasteless on occasion, and I appreciate you standing up for my rights.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Sorry Kinja all of these jokes 52 of them are about the upcoming death of the current pope, this is no place for your debate...start another thread.

ummm no they aren't, Stop Lying.

"4.In 1958, reporters paid off Pope Pius XII's physician to throw open the hospital room window when the Pope died. "

This is not 1958, the pope is not Pius XII.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja

Sorry Kinja all of these jokes 52 of them are about the upcoming death of the current pope, this is no place for your debate...start another thread.

ummm no they aren't, Stop Lying.

"4.In 1958, reporters paid off Pope Pius XII's physician to throw open the hospital room window when the Pope died. "

This is not 1958, the pope is not Pius XII.

They said the doctor got paid off. So is this hate speech against the doctor of Pope Pius XII's

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

They said the doctor got paid off. So is this hate speech against the doctor of Pope Pius XII's

The argument I make, is about tastless jokes about Jews is hateful? About Muslims? Hindus?

You can dance around it all day... the question remains.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The argument I make, is about tastless jokes about Jews is hateful? About Muslims? Hindus?

You can dance around it all day... the question remains.

Sorry go take your debate somewhere else. I started this topic and you are off thread.

The topic is: Laugh about the pope dying: Hate Speech or Tasteless Humour...bye bye

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Nowhere in your insanely funny list of "jokes" does it distinguish John Paul II as the target. After John Paul II dies, the next pope elected to lead the Catholic Church will eventually die as well... and all these same "jokes" can be said again. So these jokes are not about one person... but all popes.

The death of the Pope is a recuring event. Show me where John Paul II is made fun of.

These "jokes" are hate speech directed at the Catholic Church.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Nowhere in your insanely funny list of "jokes" does it distinguish John Paul II as the target. After John Paul II dies, the next pope elected to lead the Catholic Church will eventually die as well... and all these same "jokes" can be said again. So these jokes are not about one person... but all popes.

The death of the Pope is a recuring event. Show me where John Paul II is made fun of.

These "jokes" are hate speech directed at the Catholic Church.

Sorry this list is published by the New York Press specifically about the upcoming death of the current pope. These jokes aren't hate speech directed against the Catholic Church but if that's your mis-informed opinion it's your right to have it. I will never agree with you so all the other people that told you that you are wrong or just are ignoring are not going to debate you.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Sorry this list is published by the New York Press specifically about the upcoming death of the current pope. These jokes aren't hate speech directed against the Catholic Church but if that's your mis-informed opinion it's your right to have it. I will never agree with you so all the other people that told you that you are wrong or just are ignoring are not going to debate you.

Show me where is says John Paul II or where it directs jokes at the current pope.

Jokes are directed at upcoming death, but its factual that the death of the pope is a recuring event.

Are jokes about Mohammed hate speech?
Are jokes about the death of the Caliphate hate speech?
Are jokes about a Rabbi, hate speech?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
will you stop your ilogical arguement when I show you ?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I asked for the information already... when I asked... I meant it. Thats normally how I talk to people... Perhaps you need to be asked multiple times before it registers? Let me know.... I want the clearest communication. If it takes 8 repetitions of a message before you "get it" just let me know!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This one was pretty offensive

23.Doctors examining the body discover that the Pope was not only a woman, but also Hitler.

This is hateful speach. Imagine if I put the word jew where it sais Pope. I cant write it cause Id probably get a warn.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I asked for the information already... when I asked... I meant it. Thats normally how I talk to people... Perhaps you need to be asked multiple times before it registers? Let me know.... I want the clearest communication. If it takes 8 repetitions of a message before you "get it" just let me know!

are you sure you will drop the issue when I give you what you are asking for..I need to make sure I register it...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

are you sure you will drop the issue when I give you what you are asking for..I need to make sure I register it...

Whoa nellie!!!! did you see #23????? Holy Toledo!!! Looky there Opps! Pope is hitler??? If you're a Hitler fan thats probably not offensive... you know to Associate good old Adolph to John Paul II.

You are....
Dismissed.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
This one was pretty offensive

23.Doctors examining the body discover that the Pope was not only a woman, but also Hitler.

This is hateful speach. Imagine if I put the word jew where it sais Pope. I cant write it cause Id probably get a warn.

Croat56, I like you, so listen. Your logic is @#$%@ up. You can't put a race of people in the place of a title of a position in an orgainzation.

You can say this...Instead of pope you can put president of the u.s.a
you can say this...instead of pope you can put president of israel

You can't put a race of people in the place of one man

you can say this...instead of pope you can put bush
you can say this...instead of pope you can put sharon

you can even say this...instead of pope you can put Croat56

If they wanted to write an article about Catholics they would have, this newspaper is not afraid to do anything...are you?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Whoa nellie!!!! did you see #23????? Holy Toledo!!! Looky there Opps! Pope is hitler??? If you're a Hitler fan thats probably not offensive... you know to Associate good old Adolph to John Paul II.

You are....
Dismissed.

Ahh now that you have conceeded that your logic was il-thougt you are now moving to a new arguement??

What's your beef now. I can call Bush hitler but I can't call the pope hitler? why not?

[edit on 4-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
here is your proof they are talking about one man, not about the papalcy

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I concede nothing... I just push a more obvious point, that perhaps will get through to you, since critical thinking is lost, with you.

The pope is the Leader of the catholic church, he is representative for them all. Not all may agree with the things he says, but he is the head of the church.

It is hate speech... no matter how much it bothers you that you are WRONG. It is hate speech.

Tell me and everyone you think is backing you up... HOW IS HITLER FUNNY?

Seriously... What part of Adolph Hitler is funny? Machine gunning jews into mass graves? The Ovens? The Cyanide showers?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Croat56, I like you, so listen. Your logic is @#$%@ up. You can't put a race of people in the place of a title of a position in an orgainzation.

You can say this...Instead of pope you can put president of the u.s.a
you can say this...instead of pope you can put president of israel

You can't put a race of people in the place of one man

you can say this...instead of pope you can put bush
you can say this...instead of pope you can put sharon

you can even say this...instead of pope you can put Croat56

If they wanted to write an article about Catholics they would have, this newspaper is not afraid to do anything...are you?

Funny I thought that being jewish was a religion not a different race

I think if you were to put the president of ISREAL in there that would be very offensive.

Its just because the pope is put in there it is not offensive. Any jokes about jews,muslims, asians, blacks are all offensive yet anything to do with christianity is fair game. How about I start a thread nameing 52 jokes about jews? How fast would I get banned?

This is really offensive to Catholics, especailly me. The pope helped out my people alot.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join