It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qanon term shadow-banned on YouTube?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I suspect Qanon term is currently being shadow-banned on YouTube. The reason for this is that I search for and watch Qanon videos on YouTube almost every day, but I never get any Qanon recommendations. However, if I watch any kind of non-banned video, ex. about brewing beer or something, I get spammed with the same kinds of videos for days afterwards.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

-MM

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Yes , The WAR Over that is Coming Soon ........

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Do you subscribe to the channels you watch?
If you do you will get more recommendations.
At least I do but I don't subscribe to channels like that so I couldn't say for sure.
I'm more the "Kitten Lady" speed.
Hell I unsubscribed to beauty YouTubers when they get involved with too much drama.
And, Oh yes, there is drama in the makeup world.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I just did a search for "Qanon" on youtube (not google) and got hundreds of results 😎

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He said that.... he is looking for youtube to recommend other similar channels like they do for other interests.
He said he does not get any recommendations ever. He only gets them when he searches.

Half the channels I subscribe to I was directed to in recommendations based on what I had watched.

So the test will be if you get recommendtions over the next 48 hours or so that offer other channels that might interest you based on your search.

question.... did you watch any of them?
edit on 832019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Exactly, I find qanon in search but never get reccommondations - I do not have to subscribe to get recommendations btw, if I watch any other kind of non-banned video (without subscribing) I instantly get reccommondations, I tested with a metal detector video without subscribing, now my front-page is littered with suggestions for other metal detector videos - go figure why the same does not occur with qanon videos.

Please try it for yourself and report back with your results here.

-MM
edit on 3-8-2019 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I just did a search for "Qanon" on youtube (not google) and got hundreds of results 😎

I think he referring to the topic being hidden unless you look for it directly.
This is happening to all non extreme left wing political stuff, sadly I don’t think it will be long till Qanon and other conspiracy type vids are actually banned and not just hidden.

I’ve noticed it with ancient history stuff, maybe a year ago my recommended vids were all David Icke, Mud flood, ancient archaeology, archaeological cover ups etc etc then one day I logged on and it was all movie trailers and other junk.

YouTube have forgotten their roots and are going big time corporate, they are moving away from the small one person type channels and going hard for the big boys. I mean even CNN and MSNBC are regularly in my recommended vids now and the few times I’ve watched them it’s been in disgust and always downvoted.

I try to subscribe to channels I like, even if I’ve only seen one video as this helps the creator and sends a msg to YouTube.
I don’t think it will be long before an alternative that is genuinely user content driven comes along....and that will be the new YouTube till they sell out then they will be the same as the old YouTube
edit on 3/8/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/8/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Youtube is not really a problem. YT is part of the dishonest media stream . So leave problem solved.

The problem however s the content creators. If they would leave i would exterminate yt without any hesitation.

These creators like (David Icke , max igan etc) upload their stuff still on yt. Seems to me that if these guys just hypocrites by Biitching about mainstream and still part of it just because they have more subs on Yt than for instance Bitchute. Maybe they want subcriber more than the truth.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Great! The leader of QAnon (President Donald Trump) needs to set up an independent platform anyway.

It's being studied, but I hope YouTube/Twitter/Facebook forces it to happen soon.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Great! The leader of QAnon (President Donald Trump) needs to set up an independent platform anyway.

It's being studied, but I hope YouTube/Twitter/Facebook forces it to happen soon.

would be great! cant stand this constant hate content anymore. this platform should be named: www.arsebook.com or www.makehategreatagain.com

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Noticed that too

Also noticed google is becoming increasingly harder to find what you want to find lately, sources that you’ve resorted to for years the were too hits have now been out to the back of the pile and all you get is left wing MSM

Google’s gearing up for 2020 already

top topics

join