It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Police are calling it “gang related terrorism”.

Woahhh...

Does that mean gang-bangers can be treated like "terrorists" now?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
Tweet from Mayor Margo:

Mayor Margo - "multiple shooters in custody

That says "multiple suspects" in custody, not "multiple shooters" in custody. Very important distinction.

Fixed. My mistake, sorry.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Police are calling it “gang related terrorism”.

Woahhh...

Does that mean gang-bangers can be treated like "terrorists" now?

Depends what their motives are. Unlike the usual media narrative, your skin color has nothing to do with it. If your motive is political, it's terrorism.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Tweet from Mayor Margo:

Mayor Margo - "multiple shooters in custody

That says "multiple suspects" in custody, not "multiple shooters" in custody. Very important distinction.

Fixed. My mistake, sorry.

No problem. Again, another example of how easily things can get misconstrued in a situation like this. No conspiracy needed. All that's required is someone to make a mistake, ya know, something humans do. It's amazing how some people don't understand that. God to be so sheltered...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Still saying just one in custody

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The SSRI subject is controversial especially for people 25 and under they have black box warnings for violence and suicidal thoughts.

Eta.

Also kids being put on these drugs may already be inclined towards this so it's even more dangerous.

I was watching a trial recently where the psychiatrist stated it can remove inhibition.

edit on 3 by tiredoflooking because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 by tiredoflooking because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Olaru was talking entertainment culture which has been more or less what it's been since I was a kid. Mass shootings as a phenomena didn't start until Columbine when I was well into college. Those kids were younger than I am.

Guns, action culture ... no this is a family/society values type thing. Those other things are more like the clothing we wear. It's like saying that dressing skimpy gets you raped. It might if the person you parade in front of was already going to be a problem in some way. The games and movies? They might incite a person already set up to have deeper flaws in the same way.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Pathetic ain't it, just sad, I knew I'd see it though as soon as I clicked.

Thoughts with the families of those people today!

link   

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

CNN is reporting three on their update site.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Olaru was talking entertainment culture which has been more or less what it's been since I was a kid. Mass shootings as a phenomena didn't start until Columbine when I was well into college. Those kids were younger than I am.

Guns, action culture ... no this is a family/society values type thing. Those other things are more like the clothing we wear. It's like saying that dressing skimpy gets you raped. It might if the person you parade in front of was already going to be a problem in some way. The games and movies? They might incite a person already set up to have deeper flaws in the same way.

His commentary was also aimed at the old school culture about boys being boys, men being men, the strong being celebrated etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: olaru12

Pathetic ain't it, just sad, I knew I'd see it though as soon as I clicked.

Thoughts with the families of those people today!

Yeah cause we won't see the usual calls for gun control despite not knowing what happened and whether any of their favorite measures would have helped. But some people won't be complaining about people politicizing the situation in that way.
edit on 3 8 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Where are you all getting the stuff about gangs and cartels? I haven't seen that anywhere.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

While I agree with everything you just said, that is entirely a culture problem. Our culture used to be the thing olaru still thinks it is, and these mass shootings didn't happen as often then. Now it's what you described, and these kind of shootings are increasing.

What culture is that?

El Paso is nothing like the midwest heartland culture, nor much anything like the culture in Seattle.

We have many cultures in America.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

a reply to: ketsuko

While I agree with everything you just said, that is entirely a culture problem. Our culture used to be the thing olaru still thinks it is, and these mass shootings didn't happen as often then. Now it's what you described, and these kind of shootings are increasing.

What culture is that?

El Paso is nothing like the midwest heartland culture, nor much anything like the culture in Seattle.

We have many cultures in America.

Read Ketsuko's post that I was responding to. Everything described there is happening across the country. It's just a question of how much in different places. Cities in particular, where most of these mass shootings happen in/near despite there being much more rural area in the country.
edit on 3 8 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Hard to believe there is only one shooter.

link   

Plus add to that, El Paso is 90% minorities. Attacking minorities is not their M.O. Using minorities to push woke propaganda and bully people who disagree with them is however. (in regards to antifa being behind this, forgot to add the quote, my bad.)

Scary thing, I was at Cielo Vista a few weeks ago with my dad. After, looking around at how packed it was, I asked him, "what if some crazy terrorist opened fire here?" They would not miss. It's wall to wall people on Saturdays. Needless to say, I stayed aware of my surroundings. With El Paso being on the border, and Democrats wanting to let everyone through the border unvetted whose not to say terrorists made it through? We even have people coming through the TX border all the way from Africa. www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-8-2019 by kyosuke because: typo

link   
Someone on Twitter claims this is a Walmart security footage shot of the shooter.

imgur.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hard to believe there is only one shooter.

Three suspects. They don't all have to be shooters, and it's possible not all are involved, just seemed suspicious and got picked up.

*If* this is or was a cartel/gang type thing, one of them may have been a driver, for example.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join