It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Fairly accurate, sure.
But that covers a lot of ground.
If it is determined the post was after the attack started there are some questions to be answered are there not?

I am mostly concerned he had accomplices.
I would like to see them face justice if so.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

oh good so you're just disputing his motives is that it?

He wasn't looking to quash the mexican invasion?

What happened then? Did they burn his breakfast toast or something? What set him off?

Maybe he forgot his meds...

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Semantics. The alleged manifesto mentions the Hispanic invasion of Texas in the first paragraph or two. We all know what that means. The people murdered were majority Mexican.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Xtrozero

And even an xtrozero can be an extra zero

Zero is a coolest number, thanks

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcalibur254

Thats what is being reported. He got into town. Got lost and was hungry. Went into Walmart to eat.
Left went back to his car and then re entered the store and began shooting.

But he was shooting outside in the parking lot too right ? 😎🖐️🚬

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why are you defending this man?

Do you feel like he is being persecuted?

Not a racist... Not a white supremacist?

I mean really what is your motive in making this not true?

Not sure what he is outside of crazy as all hell or even if any label outside of CRAZY really matters at this point.
edit on 6-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

We all know what that means.

french?
frog in your pocket?

nice of you to assume a brown persons nationality........
real nice
are "they" all mexicans to you?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ok, so Crusius will be represented by San Antonio attorney Mark Stevens:

EL PASO, Texas - A well-known San Antonio criminal defense attorney will be representing 21-year-old Patrick Crusius, the man suspected of shooting dozens of people in El Paso.

Mark Stevens on Monday confirmed to our ABC affiliate KSAT in San Antonio that he was appointed by the court to Crusius' case. Crusius is charged with capital murder after the mass shooting on Saturday at an El Paso Walmart. El Paso County District Attorney Jaime Esparza previously said he will seek the death penalty in the case.

Stevens has defended multiple murder and capital murder suspects in Texas, and he is ranked as one of the top 50 lawyers in west and central Texas by Key Professional Media, Inc.

In his application for a public defender, Crusius said he has been unemployed for five months and has no income, assets or expenses.

If he had been unemployed for all those months and had no income, how did he manage to get the funds to purchase the weapon and ammunition used in the shooting?

Another item of interest I found in the same news article is that Crusius grandparents say that he moved out 6 weeks prior to the event:

Larry and Cynthia Brown said in a statement read by a family friend that their grandson moved out six weeks ago.

Top Texas criminal lawyer appointed by court to defend El Paso mass shooting suspect

At the El Paso County criminal records website, Crusius is shown as having applied for a state appointed attorney due to his indigent status:

I'm curious as to how such a high powered attorney was appointed as a public defender. As far as I knew, public defenders were picked via a lottery type arrangement and were assigned randomly; maybe it is different for high profile cases, I don't know.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I'm curious as to how such a high powered attorney was appointed as a public defender. As far as I knew, public defenders were picked via a lottery type arrangement and were assigned randomly; maybe it is different for high profile cases, I don't know.

I doubt it is out of the norm, on something like this..high profile capital case.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Perhaps you missed this part...

Mark Stevens...confirmed...that he was appointed by the court to Crusius' case.

Steven's is a ... Court Appointed Defense counsel!

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

If it was l.a, Chicago or New York it would be a different story. Texas Hispanics are majority of Mexican descent. my mother's maternal side have been in Texas since 1800s her paternal side is descended from one of the first settlers in Penitas Texas which is arguably the oldest settlement in the continental u.s along with St. Augustine Florida.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Nice
So you do think all brown people are mexicans.

Wow
Just wow

Bet you have a lot of african american friends too?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

did you read my message la has Hispanics from all over the Latin American world Chicago has a lot of ecuadorians Mexicans and Puerto Ricans New York has a lot of Puerto Ricans Dominicans etc etc Texas Hispanics are majority of Mexican descent prove me wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hmmm,,, what a conundrum we have here. I hope he gets the best lawyer possible, because in the end, it won't save his ass.

His only shot is staying alive is pleading insanity........but if he is found to be not guilty because of insanity....well that kills certain narratives dead in their tracks.

Sad thing is, this piece of trash will probably live longer than I do.
edit on R362019-08-06T21:36:27-05:00k368Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Ask bigfatfurrytexan he should have some insight on it. a lot of Texas Hispanics will claim Spanish ancestry but the vast majority of Texas Hispanics are of Mexican descent.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No, I saw that part, maybe you missed this part of my post:

As far as I knew, public defenders were picked via a lottery type arrangement and were assigned randomly; maybe it is different for high profile cases, I don't know.

A friend of mine had to utilize a public defender due to being indigent and he was assigned a court appointed attorney. The way the attorney was chosen was via a lottery type system from a pool of local attorneys.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
For high profile cases the government will often ask Supplemental Attorneys if they would like to be considered for public defender appointments. This is because the government wants the defendant to have the best attorneys for these high profile cases. This isn't a time for Attorney Joe Schmoe fresh outa Podunk Law School to be a public defender on this case.

Many well known Criminal Defense Attorneys jump at the chance to represent defendants in cases such as this so it isn't hard to find someone.

It will still be out of a pool but the pool will consist of attorneys the government thinks is up to the part.
edit on 6-8-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

This is pretty much what I was thinking, but wanted to be certain.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

did you read my message la has Hispanics from all over the Latin American world Chicago has a lot of ecuadorians Mexicans and Puerto Ricans New York has a lot of Puerto Ricans Dominicans etc etc Texas Hispanics are majority of Mexican descent prove me wrong.

El Paso has about 60,000 illegals, so that is about 10% of the population there. 480,000 out of 600,000 total is Hispanic, so I think it is safe to say many Hispanics in that city are from Mexico, and maybe one generation at best removed from Mexico. Its a very...very...very Mexico town. When they protest they carry the Mexican flag.
edit on 6-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59 >>

join