It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Based on the quote provided you are making an assumption that because he didn't do what he lists as a COD fantasy then the opposite of that must also have been a fantasy. 

The twists of logic required to accept the Lt. Gov wasn't purposely misrepresentating this quote is astounding.

Oh well....

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Might be time to realize that many 20 year olds are not as mature as they were in the past.

I know I feel comfortable with them running around will fire arms because it is a cool toy and status symbol. Life is cheap in 2019.

Part of the solution is for people to treat each other will more respect. That isn't happening any time soon.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hmmm, From this:

To this change:

To This:

Notice how no one could change his Party Affiliation Data?

edit on 4-8-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

That page has changed 20 times this morning. And it has changed his Political Affiliation back and forth.

That page is useless for information.

link   

First, I understand where you are coming from, and I don't think you are being unreasonable. However, I do feel like you are not giving exposure to violent FPS enough merit.

In any case, I do agree that people should be responsible for their actions. And, as I have noted, younger generations should be exposed to more reality, not more fantasy. There's no debating this piece of excrement referenced CoD, and he did it in a way which seems to outline his motivations, so there's no argument he was aware of the game, possibly even an active participant.

He was a legal adult, and he should be held accountable for his actions. I suspect he will, and he will be put to death just like Timothy McVeigh was. Good! I think we can both agree on this.

I think the real question here is what things influenced his opinions, what contributing factors in his development shaped the motivations to walk into a Walmart and start murdering people. And there, I believe, is cause for looking at any and all things...including video games.

link   

Notice how no one could change his Party Affiliation Data?

About the only part of the software written worth a crap.

Propaganda ware.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Based on the quote provided you are making an assumption that because he didn't do what he lists as a COD fantasy then the opposite of that must also have been a fantasy. 

The twists of logic required to accept the Lt. Gov wasn't purposely misrepresentating this quote is astounding.

Oh well....

What kind of twists of logic does it take for a 21 yr old male to shoot and kill 22 people in a Walmart? Or for a guy in Ohio to put on body armor and walk down the street killing people.
edit on 4-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I know one thing.

Per usual with these shootings, the official story STINKS.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Mylife games. Perfect.

And people wonder why some in society go out and shoot up a public place. To bad the people being killed are not the ones stoking the fire in social media. I imagine they hide out just for that reason.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Non sequiter.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

First, I understand where you are coming from, and I don't think you are being unreasonable. However, I do feel like you are not giving exposure to violent FPS enough merit.

In any case, I do agree that people should be responsible for their actions. And, as I have noted, younger generations should be exposed to more reality, not more fantasy. There's no debating this piece of excrement referenced CoD, and he did it in a way which seems to outline his motivations, so there's no argument he was aware of the game, possibly even an active participant.

He was a legal adult, and he should be held accountable for his actions. I suspect he will, and he will be put to death just like Timothy McVeigh was. Good! I think we can both agree on this.

I think the real question here is what things influenced his opinions, what contributing factors in his development shaped the motivations to walk into a Walmart and start murdering people. And there, I believe, is cause for looking at any and all things...including video games.

Well said and fair points.

I grew up playing these games though that wasn't the direct motivation for where i work now. Pretty much all my friends grew up playing video games and not a single one of them has resulted in a violent crime.. IMO people that do things like this were going to do things like this regardless of playing COD or not.

I look at what is different now and it's the general approach of the current and last generations..

That the world and anyone in it owes anyone anything.
No such thing as losing since Mommy and Daddy give out participation trophies.
Oh look , life didn't go my way so Im just going curl up in a ball and cry loud enough and often enough until I get my way.
Expecting success without having actually accomplished anything..

Now factor that in with the financial struggles that those same generations are facing and literally any event, item or object could be the trigger point.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thing is that as popular as video games are across all people in this country there is going to be a pretty broad correlation there.

It's hard to find houses without some form of gaming platform, console or PC or handheld device.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I think part of the problem is we as a society no longer expect 20 year olds to be mature. How often do you now here about how a brain isn't fully developed until 25 or whatever so they make excuses for an adults behavior? Or the media and everyone calling a 21 year old a "kid." Or expecting 25 year olds to still be on daddy's insurance plan.

We have infantilized grown adults and wonder why they have tantrums.
edit on 4-8-2019 by Identified because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: roadgravel

I think part of the problem is we as a society no longer expect 20 year olds to be mature. How often do you now here about how a brain isn't fully developed until 25 or whatever so they make excuses for an adults behavior? Or the media and everyone calling a 21 year old a "kid." Or expecting 25 year olds to still be on daddy's insurance plan.

We have infantilized grown adults and wonder why they have tantrums.

Exactly, some of them would be shocked at how capable "kids" would have to be not even 100 years ago in order to survive in life much less how capable "kids" have to be in order to survive in other countries around the world.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well if the released manifesto is his own words, he does state right off from the start that reading 'The great Replacement' is what obviously skewed his perspective on the influx of immigration being the ultimate white genocide.

It does seem that his loner/loser lifestyle mixed with the current media pc barragement possibly made him more susceptible to believing the white supremacy victim angle.

My own opinion from reading the manifesto provided earlier in this thread. It does seem that these radical extremist perspectives would not gain a foothold with young men if their source for reality is not limited to interacting via online or tv.

Most who actually interact directly with the world and others around them, will immediately see real life is not as sensational as projected online.

Technology is awesome for entertainment and education...but we are seeing it has it's downsides too. Like any addiction...overindulgence cannot only effect you emotionally and physically, but often others too.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I look back at even 20 years ago where the average baby sitter was 14 years old. Nowadays people leave 14 year olds with babysitters.

Kids can't walk to school without an adult, or even be let off a school bus without an adult there to meet them.

Kids need to learn to be resourceful. Maturity comes from experiences but kids today aren't allowed to experience anything.

SMDH

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The difference in gaming in the past vs nowadays...most are played online now with absolute strangers! It is complete disconnect. In the past, they may have used system links for separation but it is or was all in house. You had actual commaderie with the other players. You were not all alone, especially when the game ended. You had real in your face gaming friends.

That is what is so terribly wrong with the direction of online gaming today! That is the big difference. My family still system links at home. Online play is not allowed. Friends and family have fun. After playing we all discuss the games strategies, victories or frustrations...but we are all together and can appreciate the other players are just as real as ourselves.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Yep. You can't even let your kids roam in a group without worrying that the neighborhood busybody will call CPS on you for child endangerment.

We have about five kids in our neighborhood all within about a year of each other in age (7 to 9), and they run the neighborhood. Five is a group sufficient to keep an eye on each other, and usually parents are watching out windows or someone is in a yard. But it still makes you nervous knowing someone could call you out for letting your kids play free range.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

The difference in gaming in the past vs nowadays...most are played online now with absolute strangers! It is complete disconnect. In the past, they may have used system links for separation but it is or was all in house. You had actual commaderie with the other players. You were not all alone, especially when the game ended. You had real in your face gaming friends.

That is what is so terribly wrong with the direction of online gaming today! That is the big difference. My family still system links at home. Online play is not allowed. Friends and family have fun. After playing we all discuss the games strategies, victories or frustrations...but we are all together and can appreciate the other players are just as real as ourselves.

Well said..not sure I 100% agree as my experience has been different.

I started with lan parties and loopback gaming (fundamental point of your post) went through leading or being in the Top world wide ranked raid guilds during a period in EQ2 (in some ways opposite of your post) and remain currently playing online games with remote people.

If you haven't gamed that way then go to a gaming convention where guild people are meeting in person for the real time and see how relationships develop outside the gaming world.

I personally don't think that component plays a part in the equation of the world but rather the general approach for Millenials or anyone younger then 25 is substantially different which when coupled with financial strain makes them open to any trigger point.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm all for these news laws saying free ranging a kid is not a crime so don't even bother calling CPS or the police.

And contrary to what anyone says kids are not in more danger today than they were in the 80s when you went outside and didn't come home until the street lights came on.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join