It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServiusTull
Just heard Texas Lt Governor mention ANTIFA in close relation to the shooter. I hope I miss-heard that.

There *is* a university there, but ANTIFA is far more prominent and crazy at UT where they were looking to recruit the mentally unstable at one point.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DBCowboy

Perhaps it's time to start examining why so many young men are exploding? It isn't because they're young men, but there's something to do with society that's putting this pressure on them. Young men have always been young men.

Are they though?

Is the rate of violence higher now than it has been in the past?

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: face23785

I've got NBC on the TV, and the number changed as I was typing. They interviewed a man who was in the mall, at Foot Locker, and heard shots. He's in the military and was carrying, so he pulled out his weapon and started to get some unaccompanied kids out. The police stopped him and confiscated his gun and held him for questioning, I can only imagine the chaos.

Now, they're reporting that the mayor of El Paso is saying that there are 3 people in custody, again. But, they're also cautioning that they may only be being "detained" as witnesses.

That wouldn't be unusual. Police will sometimes simply detain anyone they aren't sure about and sort it out later.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Perhaps it's time to start examining why so many young men are exploding? It isn't because they're young men, but there's something to do with society that's putting this pressure on them. Young men have always been young men.

Are they though?

Rate? Maybe not, but the expression of it? I think that has become more explosive perhaps.

To be fair, I'm not blaming men for being men. I'm blaming the pervasive attitude society has that there is something wrong with little boys for being little boys that pushes on up until they become men. I think that's a poisonous thing to do to a kid all his life - to treat him like he's wrong and bad simply for being who and what nature made him.
edit on 3-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ServiusTull

Maybe is referring to this announcement from antifa.

Report: Far-Left Groups Plan ‘Siege’ On El Paso, Texas, To Push ‘Border Resistance’
dailycaller.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Are they though?

No, it's actually lower. It just gets more news coverage, and crimes like this in particular get a ton of coverage and inspire more people to do it. That was one thing the CDC found in the study linked in my sig that President Obama and all the anti-gun folks ignored. They still pretend the CDC isn't allowed to study gun violence. It is, their results just aren't what they wanted.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

amp.dailycaller.com...

Make of it what you will.

Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Report of 10 fatalities.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Man it's bizarre.

We never hear of weekly mass shootings in England, Australia, New Zealand, etc... I mean, they're not unheard of, because people are just crap like that.. but every week?

It's always over there...

Weird... good thing you all have guns to stop the mad people who want to shoot everyone.

If only we had as many guns in the hands of all and sundry, we'd also have weekly reasons to justify why we need our guns.

RIP to anyone lost... and thoughts to their families.. shame nothing will ever be done.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking

amp.dailycaller.com...

Time will tell.

I highly doubt they'd target Walmart, a VERY liberal company.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

You know what's really crazy though?

The guns have always been here. The mass shootings haven't.

So something changed, and it wasn't the guns. It was the people and the society around them.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes yes I am aware.. you carry the nails, you get the hammer.. crucifixion time.

meh... it's TRUE.

link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

This is like when they say a terrorist that pledged allegiance to ISIS and carried out an attack doesn't mean it was an ISIS attack. Why? Because he didn't go through their accredited Terrorist Academy? Groups like this are loosely affiliated and you simply join by deciding to join. They don't get certifications and membership cards. If Antifa supporters or people who identify themselves as Antifa are planning this event, Antifa is planning this event. It doesn't matter if their official Twitter disavows it or something.

link   

a reply to: gallop

You know what's really crazy though?

The guns have always been here. The mass shootings haven't.

So something changed, and it wasn't the guns. It was the people and the society around them.

Pesky facts.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: tiredoflooking

amp.dailycaller.com...

Time will tell.

I highly doubt they'd target Walmart, a VERY liberal company.

Well the “resistance” leaders are on record hating “smelly Walmart shoppers”.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If they are reporting that high so early it can only get worse...my god...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
They are reporting 3 in custody and calling them suspects.
edit on 3-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Maybe is referring to this announcement from antifa.

Report: Far-Left Groups Plan ‘Siege’ On El Paso, Texas, To Push ‘Border Resistance’
dailycaller.com...

Antifa, for sure! Keep fingers crossed but i can tell you this has nothing to do with antifa.

link   
I saw the interview with the military guy who tried to help the children. I really, really hope no children were killed. The local anchor guy's voice shaky and emotional as he reports 18 deaths. My heart goes out to the victims and families.
edit on 3-8-2019 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

link   
Authorities trying to determine if the shooter obtained the weapons legally 😎

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join