It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

*I've* got it all figured out?

I would say that unstable is a synonym for mentally ill.

So we're looking at the same problem. I think mental illness begins with a bad situation to be in, don't you? Soldiers don't go into war with PTSD, a mental illness, they develop it over experiencing mental trauma.

Not all mental illnesses are hereditary.

link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LordAhriman

The sheer volume of gang incidents make up for what they lack in one time volume.

No. 99% of the victims are other gangsters, and probably murderers.

Other gangsters, sometimes. Probably murderers? There's zero data to support that.

link   
Bootyjudge has spoken out
We need to call out the white nationalists

Is this guy a white nationalist?

Does bootyjudge have info we dont?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think I fully agree with you. I was disagreeing with the whole "it's who you know" mentality. I do believe in hard work, but I do see how some people could feel like it's pointless when the world presents itself as operating on that other "it's who you know" mentality.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The El Paso Police Chief said that the shooting "has a nexus to a hate crime". So I'd say they are looking at the manifesto, but they still haven't decided if it's legit or not because the FBI said they don't know if it's a hate crime or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

NOT calling gang violence in Chicago terrorism is disgusting

Exactly. It's domestic terrorism. If the Feds had terrorism laws at their disposal in the 1920's, Al Capone would have been labeled a terrorist. No doubt in my mind.

edit on 3-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

What gun control would have stopped this shooting?

Buddy, if you don't understand it by now, I'm not optimistic you ever will.

Give some thought to this question....

Why don't we see the same rate of mass murders in the UK, Canada and Australia?

Hmmmm........

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is he one guy or is he involved in a gang?

The essay on the internet said its a response to an immigrant invasion.

Is hating illegal immigration now "hate speech"?
He didn't specify nationalities races genders ect.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I don't know. Why haven't we seen as many mass vehicle attacks as the UK?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The El Paso Police Chief said that the shooting "has a nexus to a hate crime". So I'd say they are looking at the manifesto, but they still haven't decided if it's legit or not because the FBI said they don't know if it's a hate crime or not.

Well it's a convenient talking point. But it's only part of his manifesto, it touches on several other points. Points that, as I read it, seem to be on equal footing for "motive". Government, mega-corps and even environmentalism.

But racist plays better than actually trying to incorporate it all into a much "deeper" message.
edit on 3-8-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: shooterbrody

What gun control would have stopped this shooting?

Buddy, if you don't understand it by now, I'm not optimistic you ever will.

Give some thought to this question....

Why don't we see the same rate of mass murders in the UK, Canada and Australia?

Hmmmm........

So you have no answer?
Why am i not suprised.

Not even 1 way "gun control" would stop this.
Just bs rhetoric
Likely what we will see for the next few days.
Burn the constitution take all the guns

Typical

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Did you know companies actually have classes now on how to supervise millenials because they require different praise and coaching. The struggle is real.

link   

When was the last time 20 people uninvolved in gangs died in a single gang shooting. Show me one example of a gangster choosing a random store, school, movie theater, concert, etc... and shot as many innocent people as possible. To be honest, I don't care when gangsters kill each other. It's the trash taking out the trash. Comparing it to this is disgusting.

While I agree there's a false equivalency between gang shootings and mass shootings.. call me crazy, but I'm concerned when there's a trend of anyone getting killed. There's an obvious issue with gangs that needs addressed, meaning we need to figure out a way to make gangs less attractive to minority teens, just like we need to figure out how to deter mass shootings.

link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: MisterSpock

Did you know companies actually have classes now on how to supervise millenials because they require different praise and coaching. The struggle is real.

Wouldn't surprise me, I'm sure it's all done via text messages or facebook messages too.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That's exactly what I thought when I heard that.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
And while watching in-depth, comprehensive coverage of the latest episode of domestic violence, the network airs an ad for an upcoming television series about a man whose father is a mass murder...and most of the advertisement contained MTV-like flashes of people being blown away.

As we discuss the nexus of these horrific events, and yes address mental illness...let us not forget the fuel that cultural entities like Hollywood and the manufacturers of video games adds to the fire.

I wholeheartedly agree that children are growing up with this incredible sense of entitlement, in many, many cases without any expectation of accountability, with parents and a school system that rewards them for simply SHOWING UP and cannot or will not discipline these kids (and no, I'm not talking corporal punishment necessarily (although I was spanked and never ended up shooting up a high school or music festival)...but discipline ...training people to obey rules or a code of behavior)...but our culture absolutely GLORIES in violence. From children's (really execrable) programming to prime-time and the garbage pouring out of Hollywood and its ilk. Our kids are exposed to an almost unending barrage of somebody blowing somebody (or some thing in the case of the undead) away. Until we nip THAT contagion in the bud, we will never get a handle on the real violence that happens all too frequently.
edit on 3-8-2019 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

What you are describing, I think, is that hard work is it's own reward. *Without any biblical connotation.

Children today aren't taught that, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I will never understand how or why every time something like this happens, it gets compared to inner city gang violence. It is SO much different, and you all know it. No, it's not because of "the color of the shooter" (there was a thread about that just a few days ago). I'll be the one to say it. No. The death of a gangbanger is nowhere near as tragic as the death of an innocent family, person, child, etc... who is at walmart buying groceries and school supplies, or a kid who died because he or she went to school that day. People willingly join gangs knowing that it's very likely a death sentence. Going shopping or going to school shouldn't hold the same fear.

Gang violence has a large amount of casualties that are NOT members of the gangs. There are always stories about a child, random woman, elderly person that was killed due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As true as that is, I'm not going to be shocked to hear about someone in the ghetto dying in the crossfire. No one logically and objectively looking at life in a ghetto is going to be surprised that one of the non-violent residents got caught in the crossfire.
A shooting at a business or school in an otherwise quiet, peaceful, low-crime area IS a real shock when it happens because that is not common nor expected there. Nobody's saying their lives mattered more, but it's a symptom of the dependably safer areas not being so when they happen. Whereas if I were a resident sitting at an intersection in Ghettoville USA, and had a bullet whizz through my car/body from some dips#t gangbanger gunfight a block away, it would not be nearly as a big surprise.
edit on 8/3/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

It's always been who you know. Daddy used to get you an apprenticeship, Uncle owned a plumbing business, etc...

That's why teaching children to socialize with someone that isn't an avatar is very important to get on in the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Yes, thank you. I think that was exactly my point.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join