It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

And how many random innocent people die because of gang violence?

Are you saying the 5-year-olds who regularly get nailed in the head and die because some dude wearing Red dissed some dude wearing Blue were already in that gang and so their deaths somehow matter less?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I will never understand how or why every time something like this happens, it gets compared to inner city gang violence. It is SO much different, and you all know it. No, it's not because of "the color of the shooter" (there was a thread about that just a few days ago). I'll be the one to say it. No. The death of a gangbanger is nowhere near as tragic as the death of an innocent family, person, child, etc... who is at walmart buying groceries and school supplies, or a kid who died because he or she went to school that day. People willingly join gangs knowing that it's very likely a death sentence. Going shopping or going to school shouldn't hold the same fear.

Gang violence has a large amount of casualties that are NOT members of the gangs. There are always stories about a child, random woman, elderly person that was killed due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

But there's no guarantee that if you work hard, you will be rewarded... that's what's changing.

Even if you do work extra hard, the other kids in class get A's and trophies too. And it's not what you know or how skilled or how hard you work anymore... "it's who you know." Linked In uses that quote in their emails to me. So where is the reward in working hard? People aren't seeing it anymore.
edit on 3-8-2019 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well that's just as bad.

This bad man was (apparently) a white nationalist.

So the MSM will conflate nationalism, patriotism, to the shooter.

Of course they will make no effort to differentiate white nationalism from nationalism. They treat them like they're the same.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

But there's no guarantee that if you work hard, you will be rewarded... that's what's changing.

Even if you do work extra hard, the other kids in class get A's and trophies too. And it's not what you know or how skilled or hard you work anymore... "it's who you know." Linked In uses that quote in their emails to me. So where is the reward in working hard? People aren't seeing it anymore.

Spoiler......there never was a GUARANTEE....EVER.

But, you still kind of hit the point in a way. Apparently at some point, people came under the assumption that they were "guaranteed" or "owed" something.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It isn't even that they don't want to work hard for something as it is they don't know how and would be afraid to try because they don't know how to fail and keep going. That's scary if you've never done it.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I will never understand how or why every time something like this happens, it gets compared to inner city gang violence. It is SO much different, and you all know it. No, it's not because of "the color of the shooter" (there was a thread about that just a few days ago). I'll be the one to say it. No. The death of a gangbanger is nowhere near as tragic as the death of an innocent family, person, child, etc... who is at walmart buying groceries and school supplies, or a kid who died because he or she went to school that day. People willingly join gangs knowing that it's very likely a death sentence. Going shopping or going to school shouldn't hold the same fear.

FULL ON BS
The gang like the shooter today uses terrorism to own their territory
The people in that territory are terrorized just like the people in el paso today
Call a spade a spade man

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Did you see the excuse you used right in your own post?

Hard work doesn't matter because it's who you know ... Ergo, I don't know anyone so I will fail.

There's a reason why my kid is in sports. He learns that hard work pays off with improvement if not always in victory, and he learns how to handle defeat too.

Winning isn't everything.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

It's scary to think about. Children are extremely unpredictable and inherently amoral. We have raised an entire generation (or two) of adults who never emotionally left childhood but are now loose among the rest of us who expect someone to be an adult when they look like one.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
When was the last time 20 people uninvolved in gangs died in a single gang shooting. Show me one example of a gangster choosing a random store, school, movie theater, concert, etc... and shot as many innocent people as possible. To be honest, I don't care when gangsters kill each other. It's the trash taking out the trash. Comparing it to this is disgusting.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: DBCowboy

False equivalency. Chicago and Baltimore murders are 99% criminal vs criminal, mass shootings like this one aim at innocent people. You can't equate gangbangers killing gangbangers with mentally ill people killing people like fish in a barrel indiscriminately.

You can in one way:

It's all young male violence. Most of the young males we're talking about had poor parenting or single parent homes. Many of the white ones at least had drugs involved that messed with their brains.

But coming back to the root of it - it seems to be that our current state of society is currently producing unstable young men.

Interesting you've got them all figured out, while simultaneously and conveniently overlooking the primary causation, which is mental illness, and the government's inability to recognize the need for amendments to correct the problem.

If the founding fathers were still alive they would be convening immediately to make common sense gun control, instead of providing lame excuses for continued mass murder at the hands of the mentally ill.

Blame the parents. Typically overly simplistic.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

What gun control would have stopped this shooting?

link   
a reply to: geezlouise

There never was a guarantee tho. What you are given is the chance at pursuing it. But it seems kids today are taught that they deserve things because the tried and then when they don't receive the reward for effort they can not cope.

link   

The sheer volume of gang incidents make up for what they lack in one time volume.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well to be fair a small percentage killed are innocent victims but you are absolutely right and took the words right out of my mouth, when was the last time a gang banger / criminal shot at large groups of innocent people and killed dozens indiscriminately?
edit on 3-8-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

link   

No its not
NOT calling gang violence in Chicago terrorism is disgusting

Interesting who will defend the gang bangers

link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking

twitter.com...

uh oh, DS uploaded too early?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The sheer volume of gang incidents make up for what they lack in one time volume.

No. 99% of the victims are other gangsters, and probably murderers.

link   

originally posted by: Identified
Six minute police response time and 20 dead.

Honestly, with the police taking that long to get there, we're lucky there's not more dead.

Just like the old saying goes, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

link   

It's true that there's not always a guarantee.

But there are rewards in working hard sometimes but it depends on the things, for example... when you grow your own food. When you diet and exercise, when you create something, when you save up to do something you always wanted to do, or to purchase something nice for yourself, lol, all of these things are very hard involving self discipline, self control... all very rewarding as well.

There are some guarantees to working hard imo. I've experienced it. And I prefer it to be this way... knowing that sometimes a thing doesn't work out, but persisting because I see the reward/possibility in the future despite a current failure.

Idk.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join