It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

If it is his, I can see that lack of freedom. I see lack of discipline there. I don't do extracurriculars because I can't handle the discipline needed to commit to an activity and stick to it.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Season was slow to start this year.

Where's all of your shock faces, and the solution to the problem.

link   
a reply to: face23785

Because it's not what they get taught anymore in school. Learning all 57 genders is far more important.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The Supreme Court ruled that the 2nd Amendment extends to self defense and the protection of hearth, home and property. That doesn't mean that you have the right to have a missile launcher, land mines or bombs, which are "arms" that are banned to civilians.

Many state governments have outlawed possession certain knives, like switch blades and weapons like brass knuckles too. It's not just guns.

State governments are allowed to regulate guns, though, so that felons can't exercise their 2nd Amendment rights, for example. State governments are allowed to require resident to apply for gun permit/license and submit to a background check. Certain kinds of guns can be forbidden in certain areas, and certainly areas can be designated "no gun zones" altogether.

I don't have the answer to gun violence. All I know is that the government does have the right to regulate weapons.

edit on 3-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Because it's not what they get taught anymore in school. Learning all 57 genders is far more important.

Amen to that.
The twisting of these kid’s minds with insane things like that is what is causing their mental problems.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The commentary on at least one recent case from a SCOTUS justice says they consider arms to be something comparable to what a modern soldier may carry personally.

Since no modern soldier generally carries land mines as personal kit or missile launchers for that matter, you fail.

link   

The Left legislating from the bench for decades.

link   

Well, it's bordering on off-topic, but the word "arms" is not specific.

Anyway, but to the OP.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

IF it was an AK or a member of the AK family of fire arms, any where from 5 round mags(not likely) to 10,20,30, and 75 round drums which tend to be unreliable as hell . 30 is considered to be "standard capacity" for the platform

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Show me where, in the Constitution, where it is the governments job to regulate weaponry.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"A well regulated militia" It's a phrase from the 2nd Amendment. Who do you think should do the "regulating"?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ServiusTull

Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said..."Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."?

Whether or not...it's a truism...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Since no modern soldier generally carries land mines as personal kit or missile launchers for that matter, you fail.

IDK. Do soldiers still carry grenades? Are US citizens allowed to keep live grenades?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Show me where, in the Constitution, where it is the governments job to regulate weaponry.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"A well regulated militia" It's a phrase from the 2nd Amendment. Who do you think should do the "regulating"?

Dude there are threads on this already. Regulated does not mean what you think it means in that context. That was written over 200 years ago. Words change. Go make your own thread and get schooled there.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I always leaned in favor of the 2nd Amendment but now I don't know know what to think. As a Navy Gunner's Mate, I had an armory full of combat weapons. But, my Sailors knew how and when to use them and very effectively too. Damn though, those Sailors were screened and trained. They damn sure didn't take them home with them. This is getting out of control. We need a solution before it really gets bad. I just don't know what the solution is. This is so complicated now.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

This right here is the problem; not guns. Our education system absolutely sucks. What remotely educated teenager thinks putting this nonsense on his LinkedIn is a good idea? Doesn't want a job, can't get himself to a job he had, posts nonsense on a job site, and then thinks he has computer experience. We are failing our children and the gun grabbers are happy to keep shoveling crap at them in school instead of creating useful humans.

link   
Again?

Thoughts and prayers for the victims.

This seems too be happening too often, too many similarities. And before the scene was secure people were already getting all political.

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Well, it's bordering on off-topic, but the word "arms" is not specific.

Anyway, but to the OP.

Indeed.

Anyone in that area, they're looking for blood donations.

link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: carewemust

IF it was an AK or a member of the AK family of fire arms, any where from 5 round mags(not likely) to 10,20,30, and 75 round drums which tend to be unreliable as hell . 30 is considered to be "standard capacity" for the platform

Not that it would make a difference. The Parkland shooter killed 17 people with 10-round mags. What size mags he used is largely irrelevant.
edit on 3 8 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Dear god.

Do you know what a comma is?

Really.

SMDH

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServiusTull
I always leaned in favor of the 2nd Amendment but now I don't know know what to think. As a Navy Gunner's Mate, I had an armory full of combat weapons. But, my Sailors knew how and when to use them and very effectively too. Damn though, those Sailors were screened and trained. They damn sure didn't take them home with them. This is getting out of control. We need a solution before it really gets bad. I just don't know what the solution is. This is so complicated now.

Not sure how any of this is related to the topic. There's no indication he used a combat weapon. It sounds like he used a civilian, semi-automatic rifle.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join