It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The answer is obvious.
Piece of sh!t criminals will NOT adhere to any gun laws and never will.
The answer is relaxed gun laws for law abiding citizens to arm themselves and be allowed to defend their lives and the lives of others.
If someone nearby was armed, they could have dropped this asshole as soon as he started shooting.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: face23785

The constitution isn't a political tool. Gun violence is directly tied to the 2nd Amendment. This is the 3rd mass shooting this week.

No, crazy people and crooks are directly tied to gun violence. The gun is just a tool, like the computer you are on. It can be used for good as well as evil, it all depends on the person wielding it.
Yes a gun can do a lot of damage but you can also make a bomb out of household products. If someone wants to kill they will kill.

edit on 3-8-2019 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap
Time for President Trump to follow through on candidate Trump's promise of a No Gun List.

Link:

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There is no SCOTUS ruling that forbids the government from regulating weaponry. If there was, there wouldn't be any regulations. But, there are.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

There is no SCOTUS ruling that forbids the government from regulating weaponry. If there was, there wouldn't be any regulations. But, there are.

Show me where, in the Constitution, where it is the governments job to regulate weaponry.

link   

And yet, that must not mean the government can regulate people out of keeping and bearing or else some proggie would have done it ... say Obama and his Supermajority. And yet, they can't and haven't because it's illegal and they know it.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Gun regulation is a tax 🚬

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Police radio listeners say there's a 2nd shooter !!

Somebody might have a police radio that transmits (not hard to buy) !! 😧

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And yet, that must not mean the government can regulate people out of keeping and bearing or else some proggie would have done it ... say Obama and his Supermajority. And yet, they can't and haven't because it's illegal and they know it.

Nor did they do anything on gun control at all while they had that supermajority.

Why, you ask?

How would they get votes from gullible people if they fixed gun violence with all their brilliant, "common sense" solutions?

link   

I bet he has a shelf-full of participation trophies.

But sadly, he had SOME ambition...to blow people away and become an a$$hat...

It's a shame he didn't stay at his computer.

link   
The subject is from Allen TX.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

People already packing in to donate blood at the Zaragoza Center.

via CNN

They are now confirming Crusius, and it sounds like they are tentatively talking about the manifesto? "Online posting believed to be written by Crusius, but have not confirmed that".

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Rut Roh! That wasnt supposed to happen. Must scramble and do damage control ASAP!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking
a reply to: LordAhriman

Someone already wrote he was identified in here but I will post again in case it was missed.

BREAKING: El Paso Walmart gunman reportedly identified as 21-year-old Patrick Crusius

twitter.com...

FAKE NEWS. This looks like it was just created. This is fake.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It sounds like the typical disaffected young man.

Blacks go into gangs and whites ... do this. Notice, he talks about his mom and there is no mention of his dad.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
CNN also saying that no one was shot at the mall.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It seems plausible we may not have so much of a gun problem but a mental health problem. Consider the drastic advancement in technology on the human psych or perhaps the loss of traditional social norms (family, religion, community trust etc). These events are becoming commonplace to the point people expect them. Meanwhile, civil liberties stand at risk because many Americans are willing to give up liberties for the sake of safety and security. How do we police ourselves with civility when these violent attacks become over the top compared to normal crime and violence? This is a real S**t Sandwich when we look at the grand scope of mayhem occurring almost on a weekly basis. What happens when society becomes numb to the violence? Which I fear it is. I can't even fathom a solution that maintains civil liberties, it's just too complex and overwhelming. Is it the rapid advance of technology, the withdrawal of most from traditional bonds or something more complex? It is not just the U. S. it seems to be happening throughout the modern world. I fear we may have to accept personal restrictions in order to have safety and security. Humanity is at a major crossroads and no one or group seems to have an idea as to which direction we need to turn. I don't want to give up my liberties for the sake of safety because eventually, some jerk in government will surely use our reduced liberties to their advantage. This isn't doom and gloom, the trends are occurring right in front of us. Maybe Humans cannot be trusted to act accordingly for the betterment of others. Someone tell me I am wrong but red flags are flying everywhere.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Doubtful, most jurisdictions have moved to P25 encryption. Wouldn't be able to transmit without the key.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

That's not how US law works. The government doesn't have all power except those it has specifically been ruled not to have. It's the opposite. The government ONLY has powers that have specifically been granted to it. By the Constitution. If you don't like that, you need to work to get a Constitutional Amendment. Laws passed by Congress and SCOTUS rulings can't change the Constitution.

How do people not know this?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join