It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will be judged according your god.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

I don’t follow the commandments but I try not to lie, cheat steal, kill or covet my neighbors wife.

What are the commandments?
depends....the Catholics leaders have a different 10 than the original.....go figure

They have to be able to kiss the toe of the statue and the ring on the pope.....call him father argggh

They did away with idol worship forbiddance
edit on 3-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

If you read the verses I quoted you will see God instilled in every person a conscience that gives them the basics of right and wrong. That is what is used to judge the Native Indian you described.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Forgive them.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I don’t follow the commandments but I try not to lie, cheat steal, kill or covet my neighbors wife.

Are you curious or are you checking if I know?
I don’t know them by heart and if you’re unsure I’m sure you can google them

I know the first 3 are about god being jealous

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Your title + post confuse me. Am I being judged by MY God or yours? Or are they the same God?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

I've also had a huge issue with faith. Faith is hard. I would like to think that I'm a truly good person and I would honestly never do anything to deserve a spot in hell. But apparently, if I have any doubt that God exists, then I'm probably going to hell.

edit on 3-8-2019 by PageLC14 because: Typos

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

All you have to do is be a perfect person and then you go to Heaven based on your own merit. If you can not achieve perfection then you need to ask for help getting there. So you can get there all on your own. It is only if you mess up you need help. Just like every other time in life, when you need help you need to figure out who to get help from. Just like every other time in life, if you go to someone who claims they can help, and then they can't, there are consequences to making that bad decision. Seems reasonable to me.
edit on 3-8-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But isn't it true that we are not and never will be perfect? Even Jesus wasn't perfect. Why are we spending our lives trying to achieve something that can never be?

Also, the entire process of being saved and ultimately getting into heaven is accepting and believing. I'd like to say i can accept it and have a hard time believing it but can you even do one without the other?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Jesus was perfect. You started perfect, if you lost perfection due to your choices over the years that is on you. Thankfully all you need to do is ask for help. We all have a hard time with faith and accepting and believing.

Mat 17:20
He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.[fn]”

God does not set the bar high. An incredibly small amount is good enough for Him. I can't make any mountains move.

So if God is indeed the Creator and the correct person to ask for help, He doesn't have very high expectations or requirements to provide said help.

So none of that is to tell you what to believe, only to point out the things you struggle with are things we all struggle with. You need to make your own decisions about where you go for help, I just want to provide information to help you make that choice for yourself.
edit on 3-8-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I believe in a creator I just don’t believe he requires worship.

God doesn't need our worship. Worshiping God is to our benefit. Offering praise and thanksgiving for what He has already given us brings us closer to him and blesses us more each day. Should God bless the ungrateful just because He made them? While it might appear as though some have gained the whole world and are blessed, this life is only temporary and meaningless compared to what's to come.

Matthew 16:26

26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I believe in a creator I just don’t believe he requires worship.

God doesn't need our worship. Worshiping God is to our benefit. Offering praise and thanksgiving for what He has already given us brings us closer to him and blesses us more each day. Should God bless the ungrateful just because He made them? While it might appear as though some have gained the whole world and are blessed, this life is only temporary and meaningless compared to what's to come.

Matthew 16:26

26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

I wake up every morning and before I get out of bed I give thanks to the universe for the good things in my life.

I started do that a few years ago after a discussion with a bloke who said something very similar to what you just said.
He said even if there isn’t a God or the god of the bible is an alien/demon (which were my thoughts at the time) it really can’t hurt to thank someone or something for the blessings in your life if for no other reason than to be aware of them and acknowledge them. He told me it’s easy to do when things are great but harder and more important when things are crap.

I agree with nearly everything you’ve said I just don’t agree with the logic/faith of how you got there
Star for you

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Some Indian medicines man who never hurt a soul and devoted his life to helping his tribe, burns in hell...

No , just no. That is covered in the Christian Bible as well

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
So in my case, I'd be struck down where I stand? Or so help me my polytheistic Satan, or Hey-Zeus.

edit on 4-8-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Surely not, there's nothing to fear.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Specimen88

Surely not, there's nothing to fear.

Nothing to fear but God.
edit on 4-8-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

As true children of God, we are expected to seek out God and establish a personal relationship with Him, for godliness is not inherited but comes by divine transformation of our hardened and rebellious hearts.
1Chronicles 16:11 “Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His presence continually!”

Many people from all around the world are convinced that God views them as his friends. Perhaps some wonder: ‘Is it really possible for a mere human to have a close relationship with Almighty God? And if so, how?’

According to the Bible, it is possible to have a close personal relationship with God. The Bible states that God called the Hebrew patriarch Abraham “my friend.” (Isaiah 41:8) Note, too, the warm invitation recorded at James 4:8: “Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.” Thus, it is clear that a close relationship—a friendship—with God is possible. But since God is invisible, how can you “draw close” to him and enjoy a good relationship with him?

To answer that question, consider what takes place in the development of a human friendship. It generally starts with two people getting to know each other’s names. Then, as they regularly communicate with each other, sharing thoughts and feelings, their friendship grows. And when they endeavor to do things for each other, their bond of friendship is strengthened. Something similar can be said of developing a close relationship with God. Let's see how this is so:

Do You Know and Use God’s Name?

Can you think of any close friend of yours whose name you do not know? Likely not. A Bulgarian woman named Irina rightly observed, “It is not possible to be close to God if you don’t know his name.” Happily, as mentioned in the preceding article, God wants you to draw close to him. Therefore, by means of the Bible, he has in effect introduced himself to you by saying: “I am Jehovah. That is my name.”—Isaiah 42:8.

Does it really matter to Jehovah whether you know and use his name or not? Consider this: God’s name, written with four Hebrew consonants known as the Tetragrammaton, appears in the original text of the Hebrew Scriptures nearly 7,000 times. That is far more often than any other name mentioned in the Bible. Surely this is evidence that Jehovah wants us to know and use his name.* [Sadly, many Bible translations fail to include God’s name, despite the fact that it appears so frequently in the Hebrew Scriptures, commonly called the Old Testament. Instead, they replaced the divine name with such titles as “Lord” or “God.” For more information on this subject, see The Divine Name​—Its Use and Its Meaning.]

Some, though, may feel that because God is holy and almighty, it would be disrespectful to use his name. Of course, it would be wrong to use God’s name in an unworthy way, just as you would not misuse the name of your close friend. However, it is Jehovah’s will that those who love him honor his name and make it known. (Psalm 69:30, 31; 96:2, 8) Recall that Jesus taught his followers to pray: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.” We can have a part in sanctifying God’s name by making it known. Doing so draws us closer to him.—Matthew 6:9.

The Bible shows that God pays special attention to “those meditating on [or possibly, “treasuring”] his name.” (Malachi 3:16; footnote) Concerning such a one, Jehovah promises: “I will protect him because he knows my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him. I will be with him in distress.” (Psalm 91:14, 15) Knowing and using Jehovah’s name does matter if we wish to enjoy a close relationship with him.

1 Chronicles 16:11 in a translation that hasn't replaced the divine name with such titles as “Lord” (“LORD”) or “God”, NW:

11 Search for Jehovah and his strength.

Seek his face* constantly. [Or “presence.”]

Friendships often begin with two people learning and using each other’s names. Will you ever consider quoting Bible translations that haven't replaced the divine name with such titles as “Lord” (“LORD”) or “God”? After all, I take it you do not want to behave like these people in Jeremiah 23 (NW):

26 How long will this continue in the heart of the prophets, to prophesy lies? They are prophets of the deceit of their own heart. 27 They intend to make my people forget my name by the dreams they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot my name because of Baʹal. 28 Let the prophet who has a dream relate the dream, but the one who has my word should speak my word truthfully.”

“What does the straw have in common with the grain?” declares Jehovah.

29 “Is not my word just like a fire,” declares Jehovah, “and like a forge hammer that smashes the crag?”

30 “So here I am against the prophets,” declares Jehovah, “who steal my words from one another.”

31 “Here I am against the prophets,” declares Jehovah, “those who use their tongue to say, ‘He declares!’”

32 “Here I am against the prophets of lying dreams,” declares Jehovah, “who relate them and lead my people astray because of their lies and their boasting.”

“But I did not send them or command them. So they will not benefit this people at all,” declares Jehovah.

33 “And when this people or a prophet or a priest asks you, ‘What is the burden* of Jehovah?’ you should reply to them, ‘“You people are the burden! And I will cast you off,” declares Jehovah.’
[*: Or “burdensome message.” The Hebrew word has a double meaning: “a weighty divine pronouncement” or “something burdensome.”]
36 But the burden* of Jehovah you should mention no more, for the burden* is each one’s own word, and you have changed the words of the living God, Jehovah of armies, our God.

Isaiah 45, again from a translation that doesn't replace the divine name with such generic titles as “Lord” (“LORD”) or “God”, i.e. doesn't change the words of the living God, Jehovah of armies, our God (changing and obscuring its message and teachings, keeping people in the dark):

edit on 5-8-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
depends....the Catholics leaders have a different 10 than the original.....go figure
They did away with idol worship forbiddance

What are the Ten Commandments of God?

The Bible’s answer:

The Ten Commandments are laws that God gave to the ancient nation of Israel. These laws are also known as the Ten Words, which is a literal translation of the Hebrew expression ʽaseʹreth had·deva·rimʹ. This expression occurs three times in the Pentateuch (Torah), the first five books of the Bible. (Exodus 34:28; Deuteronomy 4:​13; 10:4) The equivalent expression in Greek, deʹka (ten) loʹgous (words), gave rise to the term “Decalogue.”

God inscribed the Ten Commandments on two stone tablets and gave them to his prophet Moses on Mount Sinai. (Exodus 24:12-​18) The Ten Commandments are listed at Exodus 20:​1-​17 and Deuteronomy 5:​6-​21.

List of the Ten Commandments:

1. Worship only Jehovah God.​—Exodus 20:3.

2. Do not practice idolatry.​—Exodus 20:​4-6.

3. Do not take up God’s name in a worthless way.​—Exodus 20:7.

4. Keep the Sabbath.​—Exodus 20:​8-​11.

5. Honor your parents.​—Exodus 20:12.

6. Do not murder.​—Exodus 20:13.

7. Do not commit adultery.​—Exodus 20:14.

8. Do not steal.​—Exodus 20:15.

9. Do not testify falsely.​—Exodus 20:16.

10. Do not covet.​—Exodus 20:17.

Why do lists of the Ten Commandments differ?

The Bible does not assign a number to each commandment. Consequently, opinions differ on how the commandments should be arranged. The list above is a common arrangement of these laws. However, some list the Ten Commandments differently. The differences in grouping involve the first, second, and last commandments. The traditional Jewish arrangement “makes Ex[odus] xx. 2 the first ‘word,’ and verses 3-6 are regarded as one; viz., the second.” (The Jewish Encyclopedia) On the other hand, Catholics consider Exodus chapter 20, verses 1-6, to be a single commandment. Thus, the decree against dishonoring God’s name becomes the second commandment. To retain the number of commandments, they divide the final decree against coveting a neighbor’s wife and possessions into two separate laws.

What was the purpose of the Ten Commandments?

The Ten Commandments were part of the Mosaic Law. That Law code included over 600 commandments and formed the terms of an agreement, or covenant, between God and the ancient nation of Israel. (Exodus 34:27) God promised the people of Israel that they would prosper if they obeyed the Mosaic Law. (Deuteronomy 28:​1-​14) However, the main purpose of the Law was to prepare the Israelites for the promised Messiah, or Christ.​—Galatians 3:​24.

Must Christians keep the Ten Commandments?

No. God gave his Law, including the Ten Commandments, specifically to the ancient nation of Israel. (Deuteronomy 5:​2, 3; Psalm 147:19, 20) The Mosaic Law is not binding on Christians, and even Jewish Christians were “released from the Law.” (Romans 7:6; verse 7 uses the tenth commandment as an example of “the Law,” thus proving that the Mosaic Law included the Ten Commandments.) The Mosaic Law was replaced by “the law of the Christ,” which includes all that Jesus instructed his followers to do.​—Galatians 6:2; Matthew 28:19, 20.

Are the Ten Commandments relevant today?

Yes. Because the Ten Commandments reveal God’s thinking, we can benefit from studying them. (2 Timothy 3:​16, 17) The Ten Commandments are based on reliable principles that will never go out-of-date. (Psalm 111:​7, 8) In fact, many of these principles underlie the teachings of what is commonly called the New Testament.​—See “Principles from the Ten Commandments reflected in the New Testament” further below.

Jesus taught that the entire Mosaic Law, including the Ten Commandments, rested on two fundamental commandments. He said: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments the whole Law hangs.” (Matthew 22:34-​40) So although Christians are not expected to observe the Mosaic Law, they are commanded to love God and their fellow humans.​—John 13:34; 1 John 4:​20, 21.

Principles from the Ten Commandments reflected in the New Testament:

Principle (New Testament Reference)

Worship only Jehovah God (Revelation 22:​8, 9)

Do not practice idolatry (1 Corinthians 10:14)

Honor God’s name (Matthew 6:9)

Worship God regularly (Hebrews 10:24, 25)

Honor your parents (Ephesians 6:​1, 2)

Do not murder (1 John 3:​15)

Do not commit adultery (Hebrews 13:4)

Do not steal (Ephesians 4:​28)

Do not testify falsely (Ephesians 4:​25)

Do not covet (Luke 12:15)