It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Has Become an Echo Chamber for Trump

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

I agree and disagree. I struggle the words so I say it bluntly and direct: what is perceived as "the left" is, this is my impression, far worse when it comes to peer pressure and group think.

You doing a double down on the Trump supporters, putting them all in the same basket, kind of reinforces that impression even more.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: DanDanDat

You have 22 stars and 21 flags for your OP.

The next post down from your OP and disagreeing with your OP got 31 stars.

Just going with the simply math your OP must be incorrect

That theory fails because it does not take into account that not every member is reading and not every reader stars and flags those posts.

Internet logic.

Your argument is that there is a vast number of Trump supporting members on ATS not reading this thread and not starring posts?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Calls for impeachment on inauguration day? Who did that? Nobody has brought official impeachment hearing on him have they???

They tried to get Electoral College Voters to not vote the way they have always have. They were demanding recounts. The Garbage Steele Dossier was in Play from the start of his Administration. Obama signed off on making sure his Admins investigation of Trump would continue. Need I go on?

From Wikipedia

Formal efforts were initiated by representatives Al Green and Brad Sherman, both Democrats, in 2017, the first year of his presidency.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Young People have been Very Gullible since the Dawn of Man . The Lack of Life Experiences at an Early Age tend to make them choose the Wrong Ideas to Champion in Life due to a Lack of Facts and Foresight . This " Theory " of Climate Change , Global Warming " is a Perfect Example of that .

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: DanDanDat

You have 22 stars and 21 flags for your OP.

The next post down from your OP and disagreeing with your OP got 31 stars.

Just going with the simply math your OP must be incorrect

That theory fails because it does not take into account that not every member is reading and not every reader stars and flags those posts.

Internet logic.

Your argument is that there is a vast number of Trump supporting members on ATS not reading this thread and not starring posts?

Wrong. We get instant text alerts from Macedonia when an Anti-Trump post happens.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: network dude

Well yes I have noticed that but since you are never generous when it comes to dealing with me anymore that I just assumed you were being serious.
You used to be my friend in the cooking threads. Remember those days?
And believe me I miss those days too.

A lot of People used to be Friends, something very divisive happened it is clear.

Well, I will stand up and say I actually think quite highly of Silly. Our political views may be polar opposites sometimes, but I would still gladly buy her a cup of coffee, or a banana split, any time. Heck, even a sarsaparilla!

I never hold a grudge, despite differences of opinions, and I always read her posts. She's intelligent, writes well and is not afraid of expressing her opinion or entering into a debate regardless of how ferrocious. I respect that highly, and give her a lot to credit as a result.

We all probably have different opinions about a variety of things, and I'm certain there are more than a few who don't like me very much, but this doesn't affect my opinion of them in any way. We're human, all of us different. It's what makes life great. What a boring world we would live in if everyone thought the same thing all the time.

That divisive thing you refer to...well, if someone were to ask my opinion, I'd say it is the predatory mainstream media who is guilty of driving that wedge between us all. And if I had my way, I'd be lobbying for trying all the MSM in this country with treason...FOX included.

That's my .02, and I'm stickin' with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Your stupid posts aren't fooling anyone. The only ones who ever post Trump is God are you fools on the left

Ya, that's bull and you know it! I wasn't going to enter this thread, but you must not of read the threads proclaiming Trumps anointment and placement from god himself. Mostly by one cultist member, but supported by more than a few, including a mod.

Just making the point, otherwise I'm out.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You are right that we shouldn't hold grudges.I got angry at something Silly
wrote a while back and stopped replying to her posts.I was still reading them
but I would reply to her through others.I can't even remember what she posted
that made me angry in the first place.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: network dude

Well yes I have noticed that but since you are never generous when it comes to dealing with me anymore that I just assumed you were being serious.
You used to be my friend in the cooking threads. Remember those days?
And believe me I miss those days too.

A lot of People used to be Friends, something very divisive happened it is clear.

I believe it's that whole "You're a Nazi!" "You're a Racist!" thing.
Amazing how touchy some friends can be over that sort of thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

all I can say is the people producing this political theatric show are geniuses.

There is a plan being enacted, People here should know that.
Maybe they would but there are leaders and followers the whole science of our minds has been mapped.
edit on 3-8-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
When I joined, ATS used to have a very libertarian/conspiracy minded membership.

In 2012, ATS members wanted Ron Paul to win the nomination with 83% of the vote!

In early 2015, ATS members voted for Rand Paul (27%) or 'none of the above'(23%) to win. Just a mere 3.36% wanted Trump who lagged behind Gary Johnson, Ted Cruz, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Scott Walker and Elizabeth Warren.

In a much less official poll; Bernie Sanders beat Trump in late 2015.

I think SkepticOverlord said it best in this post/poll from 2015:

ATS is generally anti-establishment, and the current establishment is "left-wing," so naturally it may appear that political ideology here leans to the right.

As some proof of this, before the 2008 election the ATS straw poll found that a whopping 43% of ATS members supported Barack Obama for president.

Again, SkepticOverlord commented:

We tend to appear to lean against whichever political ideology occupies the White House as a matter of habit. If Obama wins, then you'll see the apparent leanings of ATS posts and opinions lean more toward conservative, merely as a product of criticism and scrutiny of the liberal administration.

Sure enough, just 3 years later, ATS was done with Obama.

Maybe ATS hasn't changed. Trump supporters still view Trump as being anti-establishment despite currying favor with the rich and elite members of society and placing them in positions of power throughout government. Gone are the days of Bilderburg meeting conspiracy posts and the threat of the global wealthy secretly controlling the US government. Why? Because those same global elites are openly in control of the government and there's no longer a conspiracy to hide.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Are you talking aboot Obama or trump?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Gone are the days of Bilderburg meeting conspiracy posts and the threat of the global wealthy secretly controlling the US government. Why? Because those same global elites are openly in control of the government and there's no longer a conspiracy to hide.

You hit the nail on the head. I'd like to think that any conspiracy minded person would ask themselves why they are now bending over backwards to make excuses in support of said government.

It's almost like it's a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

That was an excellent and well stated post.
TY.

Drilling down a bit on the 'ATS: Is it now a Political or Conspiracy site?' angle.

For two and a half years, the greatest conspiracy in US political history:'Traitor Trump Colluded With The Russians'...was treated as political reality by the Left.

For it's part, the Right on ATS viewed 'Trump/Russia Collusion' as a conspiracy perpetrated by the Left.
IOW...For the past 2+ years, Leftists on ATS were utilizing ATS as a Political forum, while Righties on ATS were utilizing ATS as a Conspiracy forum.

Ultimately, the Left's so-called political reality became revealed to be what the Right had, all along, been correctly calling a conspiracy.

When that occurred,...the majority of the Left on ATS chose to slink away, rather than to admit they were wrong, accept that fact...and carry on all the wiser.

Therein lies the KEY to two percieved 'great divides' being discussed here...that between Left vs. Right dominance on ATS...and ATS' oft percieved transition from a predominantly 'Conspiracy' site to a 'Political' site.

edit on 3-8-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: underwerks

Thanks for making my point. Why post then? What purpose does it serve?

Walls and blocking information? From the Right? How many Progressives have been banned or demonetized? Are the Mods and owners here part of the Vast Right wing conspiracy to silence opposing views?

If you don't want to talk to us, by all means don't. It's obviously not enjoyable for you.

I just want to watch your world collapse around you in real time. That's pretty much it at this point. I can't recall one instance of anything but group think from the right wing here on ATS. The majority of you are so interchangeable you could disappear and it wouldn't really even be noticeable.

When I talk about throwing walls up around yourself, I'm talking personally. You people exclude any information about an issue that doesn't fit with what you want to believe, or in most cases what you've been told to believe.

If Trump or Republicans being insulted makes you feel some type of way personally, it's probably not everyone else that's the problem. Me myself, I'm past the point of caring. You can only argue in bad faith for so long before people will just give up on you. That's what happened to ATS.

That you all call that "winning" just shows how out of touch you are with reality in general.

And I just want to add, watching the mental gymnastics you guys constantly do to rationalize the sundowning idiot in the oval office is immensely entertaining. And will be a source of amusement for as long as it lasts. So as long as it does, I will be here.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MachineMan

Yes. I believe that about any ordained president we have had for a long time now. I have just never seen a base of anti-establishments get so excited over the establishment and start supporting said establishment. It is like god waved a magical wand and said let us flip things 180 just for fun. Insanity.

But to be fair, I was right there at the beginning based on excitement of a possible outsider gaining the top office within the establishment. I held out hope for a long time. Started questioning a little after he filled the top financial positions with goldman sacs people. Then questioned a little more when he appointed war mongers to further our killing of people the world over. Then going from saying our stock markets are a complete fraud and bubble to saying these same (higher) markets are now truthful and represents how great our economy is doing under his expert guidance.....etc ... etc ....

I am just sad. Starting pointing out that there could possibly be a problem and learned it was much easier to just shut up and ride this one out. Well, until now at least.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Name any other site that we can openly speak of leftist conspiracies to overthrow a sitting US president.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: muzzleflash

you just don't whine enough. Try a few tantrums, throw some things every now and then. Oh, and make an "ATS just isn't the same" thread. Those seem to really do well here.

I recently wrote a thread that had 20 pages of comments, then I clicked "view posts by muzzleflash" and saw that I made like 17 pages of those comments...

Waaaaaaah

Wonderful thread and many clearly read it but maybe like myself feel unqualified to actually comment! Thank You for sharing the interesting work though. I think many miss seeing some of the great stuff, but many are no longer here that would have been commenting.
edit on 3-8-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

Name any other site that we can openly speak of leftist conspiracies to overthrow a sitting US president.

There's no place like ATS.

(clicks ruby slippers together 3 times)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Gone are the days of Bilderburg meeting conspiracy posts and the threat of the global wealthy secretly controlling the US government. Why? Because those same global elites are openly in control of the government and there's no longer a conspiracy to hide.

You hit the nail on the head. I'd like to think that any conspiracy minded person would ask themselves why they are now bending over backwards to make excuses in support of said government.

It's almost like it's a conspiracy.

I keep hearing this, and perhaps I'm an idiot. could you provide a few posts that show blind enthusiasm for the government as you claim?

I mean saying it is cool, but I really need to see it to know what you mean. thanks much in advance

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join