It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Has Become an Echo Chamber for Trump

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: network dude

My point is many right leaning folks ignore the science behind environmental issues and turns it into a political and name calling mud slinging fest.

Not just environmental issues, any issue where they feel that are attacked.

Go ahead and be that name calling self righteous right wing hero because that is what gets shared and flags these days.

in all fairness. the right is and has been attacked for a while now on every venue from the MSM to social media on most platforms. it's not even something do debate anymore, it's just fact. So to see that pushback shown here is only logical.

And for the record. Being right and conveying your message without resorting to name calling always wins. Look back to how Phage was before he got into the recent political fray. If you wanted to go against him, you had better have brought the big guns. He seems to me migrating back to that position again. I hope so. We need the yang to the ying.

I guess my point is, don't run off thinking you lost if you know you are right. But by the same token, if you aren't sure you are right, best be careful of how wide the pie hole is opened. Spoken from a guy who has lost a few for that exact reason.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
a reply to: XCrycek

What I read from this:

Whoever runs your government, people who disagree with democrats are always denounced as racist, regardless if the democrats are in power or not.

And anyone left to Trump is deep state, globalist and a communist.... Oh yeah, and a pedophile too and anti American.
It goes both ways.
Only difference between Obama and Trump presidencies on ATS is that Trump has evangelicals on his side so it adds another layer of craziness. Some people on here really believe that Trump is some kind of second coming.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: IAMTAT

To be honest,you 3 are my favorites,just DB a wee more.

It's because he always sends you his hand-me-down negligées on Mother's Day...isn't it?...ISN'T IT???

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
You want to see a real echo chamber?

Just make a thread complaining that ATS is too right-wing or too pro-Trump and watch all of the shadow lurkers come out from under their rocks to repeat the sentiment.

Not only has this silly notion been proven wrong already, but it seems like it's the only time certain members have the courage to speak up.

That's what you call confirmation bias and the true essence of an echo-chamber.

Just because the rest of us don't walk in lockstep with the leftist hivemind and happen to support Trump, doesn't make our opinions an echo-chamber.

There is far more variety of opinions and beliefs among the pro-Trump crowd then there is with the entire left in general.

What it boils down to is this: The Hivemind vs The Individuals.

Which one are you?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If all the whinny bitches that made these waa-waa threads instead made threads about what they wanted to talk about, it would outnumber the Trump threads.

What I learned here is:
White man bad
Augustus is a right wing ATS gate keeper
Network Dude still has no beer
Silly is an AM and DB sock puppet that they slam? WTF?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Just because the rest of us don't walk in lockstep with the leftist hivemind and happen to support Trump, doesn't make our opinions an echo-chamber.

There is far more variety of opinions and beliefs among the pro-Trump crowd then there is with the entire left in general.

Which one are you?

Lol. Thanks for the laughs.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
I mean, when people do put the time in we can count on at least a few of you folks to come in and # on it and change the subject entirely.

You should report those people, this way you're not such a sad panda anymore.

edit on 3-8-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

That's because most minorities believe that democrats care about them because the democrats like to give handouts. Republicans are against handouts so minorities think it's because they are racist and trying to keep them down.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

People are becoming more willing to turn over large portions of personal responibility for the sake of conveniences, as well as others with that. I cant see it being too good as i think its all apart of the same slippage we've been inundated with for a long while.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Looks like you've conjured up the scorn and ridicule of the baby boomers and gen x'ers on here, maybe a few millennials too.

This place has been taken over by an angry and bitter lot who think obsessing over other people's lives will somehow make their own lives more exciting or fulfilling. If anything they're speeding up their own end by having so much constant stress and anger pent-up inside. Stress can kill you and the most prominent members on here are literally killing themselves with the media they choose to gobble up. Sad.

They could never go out in public to say some of the things they say on here so they retreat to their safe space in ATS where the are no real life consequences. Sad but true.

I too remember the days that brought me to ATS for the first time, they are long gone unfortunately, replaced with angry and bitter members with nothing better to do than to hate on other people so that they can feel better about themselves. Oh well.

edit on 8/3/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Silly is an AM and DB sock puppet that they slam? WTF?

that mental image is forever burned into my brain. Damn you. damn you to hell.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Meanwhile you obsess over telling your mom how dillusional she is through ATS members. While not realizing they to are in part responses in themselves to people that actually exist in their lives that they feel they can't reach.

Apologies if that sounds mean, but honestly think about why your so incessant on telling people they are being played.
edit on 8/3/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

Which one are you?

Lol. Thanks for the laughs.

My pleasure.

Let me know when you or anyone else can formulate an opinion that is yours and only yours, isn't based in emotional conjecture and isn't some talking point fed straight to your little brains from the media.

I won't hold my breath, but I'll wait...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Neither is good and it is a tricky situation, not only in the USA. I am not labeling myself with any of those terms.

I have views that could be labeled progressive and I have views that could be labeled conservative. It is a wild mix because I am an individual and not just a brainless follower.

Not writing that you are, just making it clear I do not have a "side" in this discussion. My observation from your post is still valid I guess. US Democrats like to use the racist card a lot.
edit on 3-8-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There are members paid to post certain things on here. Silly could very well be a sock puppet that "confirms" certain members' biases about the "left". Silly checks all the boxes of a brainwashed CNN fan, maybe that's the point.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Thank you for bringing up that year old thread once again. Seems to be the fallback argument you guys love to use these days. Old news, get over it.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Augustus is a right wing ATS gate keeper

I have been outed!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Oh I totally agree.

Trumps the queen bee and all his supporters just buzz around protecting the hive from the individual thinkers.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Said the drone from the other hivemind...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

At least you admit to being part of a hivemind, most members wouldn't. Kudos.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join