It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Has Become an Echo Chamber for Trump

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

It makes no sense the lazyness of people, to assume a site must in the new and live section keep a constant influx of articles that interest them. Everyone one wants everything catered to them. This site provides you the oppurtunity to both produce content that suites you or the SEEK IT.

Produce or Seek its really that simple. it gives you the oppurtunity to subscribe to live threads if you dont have the ability to contribute at the time, but people are wanting facebook interest group style update feeds it seems.

Sounds like a time for self reflection on the willingness to work for mere wants.

Yeah, social media has consumed the internet. It effectively eliminated blogging, which is now “micro-blogging” on one or two platforms.

This isn’t about Trump or ATS or even politics. The entire internet has changed. For the better or worse, who knows?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
As a moderate I disagree. Yes, I see the "Trump can do no wrong" crowd, and the "Orange man bad" crowd. I have also had good conversation with well thought out points, and statistics from both sides, which is exactly what I think we need right now. A few have made me question my own beliefs and further my own research, and that is a healthy way forward in my opinion.

Let me boil it down to the bones for you my moderate friend. This is a war of cultures which are mutually exclusive get off the fence and pick a side because there will be no middle ground if the progressive spiritually bereft dems win. I don't like Trump or the backstabbing gop. But the souless dems hellish ideas to destroy any simbalance self determination is a sure path to ruin. BTW what personal beliefs have you questioned?
edit on 3-8-2019 by lowballer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: network dude

Everyone needs to stop throwing the word racist around all willy nilly.

I was just saying the same thing to my racist cat.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Arnie123

Do you own research dude. This site has archives from way back then. The information is at your fingertips, do not expect me to spoon feed you it.

Look at how the conversation n the environmental threads has changed over the last decade. That is the biggest indicator of how ATS has shifted to the right over the years, imho.

it's not just ATS, it's the world.

I think most has to do with the over the top claims of world ending doom that never came to pass. As much as I don't want to believe it's warming, it is. Things are changing. But I'm of the hope that this is cyclical and not something man can control. But then, if man can destroy the planet in under 100 years, someone might think man could also fix it.

But the biggest issue is lack of intelligent discourse. Rather than engage others, people whine about "echo chambers". If you are correct, and have even a tiny pair of gnads, you can change minds. But you sure as hell can't do that by complaining and not bringing anything to the table. You have to enter a thread, bring facts, and stand your ground.

when you are weak and need a cuddle fest, you make threads like the OP did here, and some posters with low post counts and longevity parrot the drama. It's like their own little echo chamber, but portable.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

If Trump loses the next election,I will be bugging out!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: Chickensalad
a reply to: gallop

Gallop called me out and needs 🍺

He also has Bernie worthy platitudes to spout.

Better?

Just doing my civic duty. I'd put you under citizens arrest, but I don't want lefty germs.

Where is my beer, then?

Oh btw, you heard how bernie said that baltimore was worse than a third world country? the outrage by sane people was absolutely... well... *crickets*

Orange Man Honk REEEEEEE....

I'm more right leaning. But I'm not sure if that's because one leg is shorter than the other, or because my ma raised me with respect.

Well, this is confounding, as it appears that you're more about complaining how people stick up for Trump no matter what.

In my view, from the majority of the posters here at least, there is quite the consensus that if he steps out of line, they will be the first to state so.. I've not seen any staunch support of him, in the face of irrefutable facts. Certainly not to the level that some folk will ignore all of HRC's crimes and gleefully gloat that Trump made a typo..

What I have seen, however, is time and time again the MSM making spurious accusations towards Trump, using out of context snippets and soundbytes in order to portray an angle, an image, that suits their agenda which is to cause public outrage over a specific thing. But when it is looked at properly, in context and with the notion of truth, it falls flat.

Yet putting out the actual details, is often claimed to be "Supporting Trump no matter what."

No, it's not. It's verifying the source of the claim, and finding it false. If it is found true, show me where.

Yet time and time again, the plethora of people who are willing fed this diatribe, regurgitate it en masse so as others may feast. And this toxicity spreads, and this is where a post of mine, the other night, would come into play. The vast majority of your average run of the mill anti-trumper, doesn't even KNOW why they believe what they believe, they just spout the same wrong god awful rubbish they heard on CNN and screamed by their heros, and then call anyone who tries to explain why it is wrong a racist, nazi, trumpeter, et al.

Wears people down, having to TRY to inform people of facts when they refuse to even listen.

It's all honk reee dory...

so 9 times out of 10 I just don't even care any more. I research things for my own benefit, where it is suspect I accept it and say so, and where it is not, I at least once try to state why it is not, but ultimately, you can lead a horse to water... but the apocalypse comes to the horse.

We're just simply doomed as a species. This is it, folks. and I'm just stealing all the fricken rum...

Slainte...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Everyone needs to stop throwing the word racist around all willy nilly. The same way the right attacks the left for crying racism at every corner. You got 31 stars from the same people that hate it when Trump's words are called racist.

Racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I totally agree. And if you read my threads recently, you would see I say the same things. My post to silly was a joke. Everything is racist. To the point that nothing is really racist. Where did that tag line emanate from? That is for you to decide. It depends on where you get your newz from.

We should be able to criticize others without fear of being labeled racist. I sure don't want to start any post about my disagreements with a black person by announcing that I have some very good friends who are black so...... But the way the Main Stream PR machine is going, that is the status quo.

Here we point out things like that. And then we are accused of being Trump boot lickers. By window lickers. it's a strange place.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: conspiracy nut

If Trump loses the next election,I will be bugging out!

Maybe you should just move in with DB...since HE is your favorite idiot!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

and may I add...can't we all just get along?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

The lefties lacka the stamina.

Probably got worn out from wearing pussy hats and all that reeeing at the sky.

That or they don't believe half the # their side pushes nao.

Maybe they got imminent impeachment fatigue lulzzz

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Obviously not here.
I'd love to find a site that is the political opposite of this one so I could be one of the kids at the cool table.

Here I am treated like the emo eating lunch in the bathroom.

You yourself are guilty.

Literally every other site out there is a Bash Trump echo chamber.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

a reply to: gallop

Awww did I trigger your little snowflake heart? Dish it but ya can't take it? You mean to tell me the right will not implode if Trump is not elected to a 2nd term?

If by implode you mean act like the left?

Hahah Nope...

You have your special place in history, nut.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

and may I add...can't we all just get along?

I was thinking of that example the other day when writing the MLK thread. Even with his shady past, his message was on point. When Rodney King got beat up, and the riots started, it all happened because he was a crack head, and the cops were assholes who liked to beat up black folk. But in the middle of all that, he came out and said something amazing. Those simple words. They seemed to help at the time. And immediately after that, king won a million bucks and spent it all on crack. So the lesson here is that even a crackhead can unite the world. It's a shame at this point we can't even find one of them smart enough to say something to help.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
No, it's just that the Left has grown used to running roughshod over every place they travel, ramming their agenda down everyone's throats. Here they have encountered some opposition, so their response is as we see here, attack the people resisting them. Typical.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hmmm,isn't DB in the Pacific Northwest? I am thinking it will split
and sink into the Pacific, I will bug out somewhere else.
To be honest,you 3 are my favorites,just DB a wee more.You are on
my cookie and Sammy list and have been for a long time.
I am a good Mama and try really hard to be fair to my children.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think there are lots of people monitoring the discussions here. Trump would have someone checking this place out because we uncover some stuff here that he could use. I am sure both political sides have people here observing and maybe even commenting on things. I would bet Big Pharma also has someone here trying to steer consensus at ATS, and possibly there are other governments monitoring this site for ideas.

We do have some pretty good mines discussing things here on this site.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
No, it's just that the Left has grown used to running roughshod over every place they travel, ramming their agenda down everyone's throats. Here they have encountered some opposition, so their response is as we see here, attack the people resisting them. Typical.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
For OP... a loving cup, a loving cup...

(read as: bed)

edit on 3-8-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

My point is many right leaning folks ignore the science behind environmental issues and turns it into a political and name calling mud slinging fest.

Not just environmental issues, any issue where they feel that are attacked.

Go ahead and be that name calling self righteous right wing hero because that is what gets shared and flags these days.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I do not need to back up the claim when the information is archived on here. My claim is backed up, you just either refuse to accept it or choose to ignore it because it does not stroke your confirmation bias.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join