It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Has Become an Echo Chamber for Trump

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Chickensalad

originally posted by: Chickensalad

originally posted by: SilverStarGazer
a reply to: Chickensalad

I feel the same. It is sad what this site has become. I used to visit multiple times a day... now maybe 1-2 a month if that. I miss the old ATS

based on your stats, you aren't a very active member. There is an old saying, be the change you wish to see.

or sit on your ass and wait for someone else to do it for you. (I added that last part)

Like clockwork.
I was hoping one of you sit-at-home-on-a-pc-brigadiers would legitimize my post.

Transparent as a window with no glass.

could you explain this post please?

Yep, no problem. Grab a beer. Ifn you have some. If not ask AM or DB.

There's about 5 or 6 current ATS influencers that get to decide the what's allowed and what's bokim. You're one.
It's obvious and I along with many others have noticed.
We no longer take this site seriously anymore. Nor the core idea.
Good job. You've ruined the bastion and controlled it.
G
gO tRuMp

that makes me feel good. I'm finally a winner! Look sport, when I have time, I post stuff. It's an opinion site, so like the dick I am, I offer mine whenever possible. I enjoy having discussions and in some sick demented way, I enjoy being shown I'm wrong, so I can grow as a person.

Would you prefer everyone sits on their ass and waits for you to post your views on Trump's tax returns?

stop crying like a bitch and man up. The world isn't going to tuck you in at night. You have to be a tiny bit tougher than this pathetic display here today. If you disagree with something I write, SAY SOMETHING. If you are correct, you win, if you are wrong, you loose. And the beauty of ATS, is it's all here forever, so you can't just erase the sad parts.

User generated content.

Be a user, or STFU.

Just chiming in from page 2 of replies. I agree with you so far Network dude. I really disliked you at first but after reading a lot of your replies, you grew on me. Now, I don't agree with you a lot but thats par for the course. I just think what this guys has so far stated, seems crap.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Awww did I trigger your little snowflake heart? Dish it but ya can't take it? You mean to tell me the right will not implode if Trump is not elected to a 2nd term?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Did it ever occur to you the support for Trump is the result of him being an OUTSIDER?

You're going to have to do better than Bush because a lot of people didn't like Bush and even tho you were here since 2003, you still haven't provided me with any data to suggest what you postulated.

We can agree that before, most were anti-Gov as a result of the conspiracies involving them and rightfully so.

Than Trump came, the result of ordinary Americans being ignored and hatred for the establishment.
Of course he was going to garner support the likes you never experience and thus as a result of that event, have determined that ATS is now right leaning, my wager was it was always like that but with people wanting more.

We're not talking about climate change, but there is enough data for each side to call each other out on, don't rationalize it as liberal nonsense, it's just nonsense.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Amandla
I agree with the OP. I´ve been member for years and I remember it bothered me from the beginning, that some poeple endlessly mocked eachother- this us vs them, left vs right game. But there was much more other topics too, tought-provoking ideas, phenomenons, experiences people shared. Now I haven´t visited this site regularly for several years. Every other month I do so and it´s still flooded with the political childish "us good - them bad" threads. Somehow it really feels like nothing new can come anymore, same day repeats all over again. And more and more people fall into these political mind-games, that is probably real conspiracy itself.

Believe it or not but debate is a good thing. It’s the thesis, anti-thesis and synthesis of ideas. Without it there is only conformity. Try it on for a bit you might enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Nice to see someone has a sense of humor here, you get a shiny golden star from me

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

Oh I love to debate. What I don´t like is ridicule (it kills good debate) and endlessly repeating same opinions.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have Venezuelan close relatives who are first generation LEGAL immigrant family members. They support Trumps efforts to build the wall and slow the influx of illegal immigrants. So it isn't just white people who support some of Trumps efforts, they don't like much of what he does, but support his attempts at the immigration issue. To imply it is only white people who support even one of Trumps efforts is clear racism.

Personally, I found out through DNA testing that I have black ancestors. So I guess I qualify as black even though I sunburn in like 5 minutes. Will that make me acceptable to those who constantly put down white people? Guess not since I support much of what Trump does, or does it make me racist to point out I have black DNA but lack enough melanin that my daughter's nickname was "ghost"?

Really, I get tired of judging people based on the amount of melanin they happen to have in their skin. It is like judging people based on the shape of their toes. Got short stubby toes? - You are an overprivileged toeist who supports Trump. Got long skinny toes? - You are to be taken care of by society and treated special.

I bet that ATS is over 80% white male from the USA. I wish there was a way to take a poll.
Quote from page 1

I get tired of the PC culture of hate "white people", which is what is perpetuated by dissing this site and then saying it must be populated by white people. It is refreshing that I have discovered a site that isn't brainwashed by the PC crowd.

edit on 8/3/19 by The2Billies because: addition

edit on 8/3/19 by The2Billies because: added quote

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Do you own research dude. This site has archives from way back then. The information is at your fingertips, do not expect me to spoon feed you it.

Look at how the conversation n the environmental threads has changed over the last decade. That is the biggest indicator of how ATS has shifted to the right over the years, imho.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Understood, but I just can't help but wonder....does trump know that some circus of appeals court will always strike down his reforms, so the deep state doesn't need to worry about any legit accomplishments? Again could there be the possibility that the..... oh never mind ... it has all been said before

Surprisingly, this has been like a thread of old. Now that I can get excited for and place my hopes and dreams within.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Amandla

Oh I love to debate. What I don´t like is ridicule (it kills good debate) and endlessly repeating same opinions.

I try to remember that there are others reading the debate and not just the opponent. Though my arguments may be ignored and I may get ridiculed, others may find agreement with it.

Anyways, if there were more people concerned with reasoned debate actually debating, there would be less ridicule. That’s why I hope people such as yourself join in instead of run away.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

OP: You must realize that you had the option of, just as easily, posting an anti-Trump or non-political thread...instead of one complaining that there are too many pro-Trump and political threads.

Food for thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What is Twitter?
What is Facebook?
What is Reddit?
What is YouTube?

The biggest web sites on the planet have a clear political bias and you are here telling us we're an echo chamber...
Nice.

Have you ever stopped to think we are here because we have have no place else to have an actual open dialogue without being called a racist homophobic woman hater?

Sorry sport but you belong to a tiny minority of perpetually outraged ill informed children on the internet. Meanwhile the rest of us in the real world are out here working our asses off for our families. We grow your food, we send you clean water, we keep your power on.

Would be nice if you all stopped believing in lies and perpetuating hate over a political ideology. Because you all can't take losing like adults. What will you all do when Trump wins again in 2020?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Understood, but I just can't help but wonder....does trump know that some circus of appeals court will always strike down his reforms, so the deep state doesn't need to worry about any legit accomplishments? Again could there be the possibility that the..... oh never mind ... it has all been said before

Surprisingly, this has been like a thread of old. Now that I can get excited for and place my hopes and dreams within.

Peace

I wager Trump doesn’t have time for knowing.

Cheers, friend.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It makes no sense the lazyness of people, to assume a site must in the new and live section keep a constant influx of articles that interest them. Everyone one wants everything catered to them. This site provides you the oppurtunity to both produce content that suites you or the SEEK IT.

Produce or Seek its really that simple. it gives you the oppurtunity to subscribe to live threads if you dont have the ability to contribute at the time, but people are wanting facebook interest group style update feeds it seems.

Sounds like a time for self reflection on the willingness to work for mere wants.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I can only assume the OP is trolling, but its a statement that gets made quite frequently. Which, in and of itself, is a bit bizarre in an *actual* echo chamber.

I think everyone that isnt of The One True Faith is labeled as "right wing," so perhaps there is some validity there given that The One True Faith is a minority outside of places like reddit, twitter, and democrats.

A victim mentality coupled with the total zealous adherence to the Doctrine of The One True Faith leads to some pretty skewed perspectives. Lefties like me, who do not behave, think, and talk correctly are seen as right wing. A tendency that has existed in some shape or form, for sure, but only to this extent we see in the last 10 years or so. If one is young enough to have grown up in it.. Its not surprising to be susceptible.

The biggest blasphemy of people like me are things like:

Liking or disliking the president isnt relevant to their capability to perform their job

There needs to be realistic paths to implementing anything and everything proposed. "The right" may tend towards resisting change, but come up with a good enough idea and policy and they will jump on it. This isnt a bad thing.

Converting others to The Faith is detrimental to our society and nation

The Faith being a minority is a very, very good thing. But, is not at all indicative of what demographics are actually participating.

The Constitution is a good thing, and not something to just pay lip service to when it is convenient then subvert when it isnt.

Defense of the rights of others does not equate to support of their ideology

And on and on...

Best thing that could happen would be the building of intersectionality & propagandaphiliac churches, and the subsequent separation of church and state. Simply so the rest of us, left right and center, can get back to working on making the US the greatest nation in the world.
edit on 3-8-2019 by Serdgiam because: Flooglesnorf

link   
To be fair there's enough people here for it to be an echo chamber for everyone.

And whilst I agree that this place has become obsessed with left vs right that's because of the real conspiracy at play here.

We used to think all government is trying to screw us over.

Now we only think it's half.

How long until we think it's none?

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Spacespider

I bet that ATS is over 80% white male from the USA.
I wish there was a way to take a poll.

You Lefty's are always so eager to look at race and see things through the racial lens.

I just wish we had a word for that.....oh wait we do, its Racist.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Arnie123

Do you own research dude. This site has archives from way back then. The information is at your fingertips, do not expect me to spoon feed you it.

Look at how the conversation n the environmental threads has changed over the last decade. That is the biggest indicator of how ATS has shifted to the right over the years, imho.
You made a claim "dude" and can't back it up, got it.

Okay, so you keep pushing the climate BS, got it.

Seems regardless of how long you been here, you don't actually know much.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thank-you very much! Would you like to be placed on my
cookie list?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Everyone needs to stop throwing the word racist around all willy nilly. The same way the right attacks the left for crying racism at every corner. You got 31 stars from the same people that hate it when Trump's words are called racist.

Racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join