It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Admin Sent Baltimore 16 BILLION Dollars in 2018. Elijah Cummings Became a Multi-Millionaire.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: seeker1963

What does trump lying again, and again have to do with what Trudeau does? And you're saying we are in bed with terrorists? Have you seen who trump panders to?
Yeah Trump panders to the American people. Do you really believe in this Russian collusion stuff still? More believable is the Canadian prime minister pardoning a known ISIS terrorist Omar Khadr and giving him millions of dollars.

We bring it up because it's kinda annoying to have Canadians chime in on America politics when their own leadership is guilty of worse...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just gonna drop a link here as it seems the accounting issue is an old one in Baltimore. I was poking around to see what older audits had to say about the accounting there and found the 2017 report.

Condition: Due to lack of formal procedures and accountability at various City departments, the City is not able to establish accurate balances of grant accounts receivable and grant deferred revenue accounts. There is a lack of communication between departments that receive grants and finance that consolidate information received from various departments and use it to assemble financial statements. Grants expenditures and grant receipts are often allocated to wrong general ledger accounts which could lead to overcharging certain grant accounts, overstating deferred revenues for other grant accounts, and improper billings of certain grants.

Effect: The City is not able to establish accurate balances of grant accounts receivable and grant deferred revenue accounts.

Recommendation: We recommend the City to develop a formal written procedure to timely and properly track and account for grant revenues and expenditures to be able to reconcile grant account balances from central general ledger to systems maintained at individual departments that receive grants. We also suggest that the City establish a Grants Department that would be responsible for reconciling the grant information. In addition, the City should invest into robust general ledger software that would be able to accommodate the accounting and recordkeeping for complex grants received by the City and dedicate staff to properly account for its grant activities.

Independent auditors report PDF
edit on 3-8-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Trump lied, he lied to everyone. Baltimore doesnt even recieve one billion, let alone billions.
Hes bullying Cummings because hes a Democrat.

What a joke the state of US politics is a circus.

I re-read the OP but can't find a single quote from Trump. What lie did he tell?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What does trump lying again, and again have to do with what Trudeau does? And you're saying we are in bed with terrorists? Have you seen who trump panders to?

As far as I can tell, he panders to those that want protected borders, a strong economy and less government regulation.

Who do you think (read dictate) he panders to?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Let's see his taxes.
(Might put Trump in a tight spot)

Something about glass houses and stones.

awesome whataboutsim pleighboi

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I mean...isn't HUD supposed to be keeping track of that money?

Does this mean Trump wants to fire Ben Carson?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Yeah Trump panders to the American people. Do you really believe in this Russian collusion stuff still? More believable is the Canadian prime minister pardoning a known ISIS terrorist Omar Khadr and giving him millions of dollars.

We bring it up because it's kinda annoying to have Canadians chime in on America politics when their own leadership is guilty of worse...

Canada does a lot of bad things. Settling the case Khadr wasn't one of them. And it was not called ISIS at the time.

He was a juvenile Canadian citizen that was tortured by the US military. Canada rehabilitates its criminals first and foremost and its juveniles are kept out of prison till its proven they wont change by other methods.

You cant rehabilitate someone that was hung from a door and beaten till he pees himself. Hes going to hate you after that whether he was guilty or not.

I think paying Omar for what the US did to him that would not be allowed by Canadian law was the right thing to do.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I literally linked the auditors report that states it to be their responsibility going back to 2017 and that was not done. Federally they accounted for sending the money...locally they did not account for where it was spent.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I have yet to see the HUD audit saying they sent $16 billion to Baltimore in 2019, alone. It's an even more shocking number given that HUD's annual budget is $44.1 billion. Why is one city in America getting nearly 1/3 of the annual HUD budget?

Should the HUD secretary not be responsible for where that money goes?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Logic states money will not fix the problem. Trump is expert in money. What does this tell us?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

You're making things up and doing a lot of assuming.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Let's see his taxes.
(Might put Trump in a tight spot)

Something about glass houses and stones.

awesome whataboutsim pleighboi

that guy just did a thread about why ATS is mean and only talks about Trump. No, really.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

People just like to deflect and obfuscate, when they have no argument. Because you are Canadian, your negative view is unwelcome, and thus, the direction of the thread steered to a Canadian politician.

Ironically if you view as a Canadian was positive, it would be more than welcome and you would be showered with stars.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

a reply to: JAY1980

You're making things up and doing a lot of assuming.

which parts? is the Wiki page incorrect?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I mean the guy who leads HUD directly said it...as in it is quoted. Are you saying he is lying? If he is lying don't you think someone in the media...or Cummings himself would have called it out? Or is this a case of looking for a way to defend a democrat against Trump just for the sake of the fact its defending against Trump?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If he could provide evidence...sure. As the saying goes though, 'a lie has traveled around the world twice before the truth has even put on its shoes.'

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

With all the news organization's efforts to defend Cummings I would think they would have already called it out if it was a lie...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I would think the HUD secretary, or the President, would have some evidence before saying it.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm sure they do...i did try a search but anything promising was in large pdf format and I'm at work so I camt comb it over to show you now. However I am ok with believing the Ben Carson as he would be the authority on who got what right?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'll believe that nearly 1/3 of the HUD budget goes to one city when the federal government provides that data. Until then, it just doesn't add up.

The President doesn't have the best track record when it comes to the truth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join