It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, STOP IGNORING the Lord's Day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

Isaiah 66:22-23 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

That's because God/Jesus promised to save a REMNANT of the Jews.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Isaiah 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Yes, for the Jews since "the law" is what some of them will be judged by.

James 2:12  So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Christians are judged by that very same law, called the law of liberty.

Psalms 119:45  And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Isaiah 66:22-23 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

That's because God/Jesus promised to save a REMNANT of the Jews.

The Sabbath was made for man, not just the Jew.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

It's part of the Old Covenant that God made with the Jews...

Exodus 31:13

13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

There was also a reason that the Jews were supposed to let the land rest and not harvest it one year out of every seven.

Which day or year that is, doesn't matter, as long as it rests every seven.
edit on 2-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
Every day is the Lords days because He is our sabbath rest 24/7.

But I wanted to say that 🥺

Funny how sabath keepers get themselves all confused with being Jews but then trying to be Christian at the same time

Can you show me STA where it’s commanded and lawful for Christians to keep Old Testament Jewish laws
What other laws from the OT do you demand I keep
What laws can I give up on, now I am all confused, but wait

I am not confused, you are with your silly laws

Throw one out at christians as if you are a Pharisee, a Uber spiritual behemoth a law that suits you, yourself and then condemn anyone who doesn’t live to your expectations
Well I am in.

Well Super Third Angel, stop mixing blends in your clothing

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I did not look up what "The Lords" day is or what it meants

I just wanted to ask about something here, why are you giving it such importance that you try to enforce it on other people, when it is, like most of other things in religion, something that normal humans decided to observe?

Hear me out, who said this was something actually required by God? I did not think God had a preference for days or followed a human made calendar? As it is, it doesn't make any sense to me why this day is more important than any other day, dates are a human made thing!

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

That’s just a blatant lie, some Jews don’t even turn on a light switch because it’s classified as work, who are you to make up laws, God himself

Paul the Apostle suggested people like you should cut off their wedding tackle
You are like a Pharisee, condemns others to make yourself look good

Jesus was condemned for making a mud poultice to heal a blind man, mixing spit and dust was an offence but you say you know what the laws are and you decide them
That is not Christian, not at all, be warned

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

Exodus 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

The Lord is not His Sabbath. He is Lord of the Sabbath Day, not the Sabbath itself. And consider this:

Even if Jesus was our Sabbath, that would give us no right to break the 7th Day Sabbath. He is the way, truth, and life, right? So, because He is life, can I murder? Because He is truth, can I lie? Then even if He was the Sabbath (which He is not), then I could not ignore the Lord's Day.

Just because it is on the bible doesn't mean God wished it to be like that. Humans wrote stuff and changed the book as they saw fit, you really think God had anything to do with customs related to work or rest on specific days? Maybe the one who influenced those words into the book had obscure reasons for it and hope it would be observed as sacred

We know rewriting happened on England, we know at the beginning the bible was not as it is, so it was formed over time in several years, why you feel it has been all's God work?

Personally i think it is very odd that God would care so much about some random day in a human made calendar but more specifically about work/rest.

Yee that's totally written by a human with some obscure and unknown personal reasons and gains and taking advantage of people's trust and faith

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You are dealing with an OT concept that was fulfilled by Christ.

“There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his” (Hebrews 4:9-10)

The 10 Commandments are meant to be eternally obeyed.

Isaiah 66:22-23  For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.  23  And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
In the M illenium ya come
Why is it that the only commandment, literally, of the 10, with the word "Remember" in it, is the very one everyone is being conveniently taught to forget?
not only that about the Sabbath

But it will be in effect in Heaven.......

Brings us to the Catholic leaders....have their own ten commangments....left out idols.....and sought to change the day.....to Sunday. They admit it and retort....the protestant church's go along.....so they must like it.....

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It's part of the Old Covenant that God made with the Jews...

Exodus 31:13

13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

There was also a reason that the Jews were supposed to let the land rest and not harvest it one year out of every seven.

Which day or year that is, doesn't matter, as long as it rests every seven.

The Sabbath is part of the 10 Commandments

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

But I wanted to say that 🥺

Funny how sabath keepers get themselves all confused with being Jews but then trying to be Christian at the same time

Can you show me STA where it’s commanded and lawful for Christians to keep Old Testament Jewish laws
What other laws from the OT do you demand I keep
What laws can I give up on, now I am all confused, but wait

I am not confused, you are with your silly laws

Throw one out at christians as if you are a Pharisee, a Uber spiritual behemoth a law that suits you, yourself and then condemn anyone who doesn’t live to your expectations
Well I am in.

Well Super Third Angel, stop mixing blends in your clothing

By your own words, you are confused. The Sabbath was part of the 4th commandment, of the 10 Commandments of God. Though there are things more explicitly laid out in the book of the Law of Moses, that does not make them exclusively part of the law of Moses. For example, Abraham tithed, and still remains a duty for Christians. Noah knew the difference between clean and unclean animals, and he was not a Jew. The Sabbath was shown on the 7th day in creation week. And who was the Sabbath made for? For Himself? Was He weary? Does He need to become more holy? No. But as it is written:

Mark 2:27  And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Sabbath? I think we should grovel in abject terror, fervently, thankfully praying 24 -7, 365.

We are, after all, created automatons whose fate is totally at the mercy of an unseen superpower who's reportedly jealous, vengeful and most of all, beyond human understanding.

I'm taking no chances... even pausing to type this is risky, imo. I better burn some offerings, too, juuuust in case.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

So are you saying you are under the Mosaic covenant, that’s great then, but you are not a Christian
Don’t lie to yourself or others, you are in the Mosaic covenant
It’s ok, no issues with you then or your choices, be under the Mosaic covenant, me I am under Christ’s covenant so don’t tell me to be a Jew and practice Judaism when I am not a Jew
There is one duty in Christianity and it’s not tithing, that’s just stupid Joyce Myers preaching
We Christians are commanded to love
Silly boy

Tell me STA do you keep all the Mosaic commandments and if not why not?
I know you can’t and won’t answer that question because you are to confused and will forever remain so if you keep up your arrogance

Fruit of the Holy Spirit is humility, learn that, ask God to show you humility
edit on 2-8-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Yes, the Sabbath is not a Jewish thing......

God hallowed the Sabbath before there were any of the tribe of Judah.....or Israelis in existance.....in the entire cosmos

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

So are you saying you are under the Mosaic covenant, that’s great then, but you are not a Christian
It’s ok, no issues with you then or your choices, be under the Mosaic covenant, me I am under Christ’s covenant so don’t tell me to be a Jew and practice Judaism when I am not a Jew
There is one duty in Christianity and it’s not tithing, that’s just stupid Joyce Myers preaching
Silly boy

I know you can’t and won’t answer that question because you are to confused and will forever remain so if you keep up your arrogance

cause

Because of Rom 16 25......Paul's Gospel which is Christ's Gospel is a mystery from before the world was....Grace only, but we will show good deeds, it's just that we can't do the law perfectly and certainly not every detail

The law was a strict schoolmaster, Paul says to provoke the Jewish to jealousy not paraphrasing

So, the gospel is the blood of Jesus He gave ....For Our Sins...it's a gift no takebacks for any reason

I got more.....once saved always saved,....because when you first believed, you were sealed........by a mighty one

Paul sinned, he said it was a war in his head....Rom 7

ditby]edit on 2-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 2-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Where is the commandment in the New Testament to keep the Lord's Day?

Also- which day is it? The Sabbath, which I think you are conflating with "the Lord's Day," was/is Saturday. So, should we be keeping Saturday holy? No? Sunday, you say? When did Sunday become the first day of the week, by the way? Which year?

Thanks in advance for providing the New Testament books, chapter, and verses that tell us to "keep the Lord's Day holy," and also the book, chapter, and verse that tells us which day is the Lord's Day.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

I did not look up what "The Lords" day is or what it meants

I just wanted to ask about something here, why are you giving it such importance that you try to enforce it on other people, when it is, like most of other things in religion, something that normal humans decided to observe?

Hear me out, who said this was something actually required by God? I did not think God had a preference for days or followed a human made calendar? As it is, it doesn't make any sense to me why this day is more important than any other day, dates are a human made thing!

Isaiah 8:20  To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Either one believes it is the Word of God, or they do not. God spake clearly to the prophet Isaiah if you do not agree with the law, if you do not agree with His Word, it is because you have no light in you.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

That’s just a blatant lie, some Jews don’t even turn on a light switch because it’s classified as work, who are you to make up laws, God himself

Paul the Apostle suggested people like you should cut off their wedding tackle
You are like a Pharisee, condemns others to make yourself look good

Jesus was condemned for making a mud poultice to heal a blind man, mixing spit and dust was an offence but you say you know what the laws are and you decide them
That is not Christian, not at all, be warned

Turning on a light switch is not work. And then you call me a Pharisee? Do you not realize it is literally just like a Pharisee to assume that turning on a light switch on the Sabbath is sin? This is exactly what Jesus tried to rid the Sabbath of, these false, rigorous restraints that have nothing to do with keeping the Sabbath holy.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

Exodus 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

The Lord is not His Sabbath. He is Lord of the Sabbath Day, not the Sabbath itself. And consider this:

Even if Jesus was our Sabbath, that would give us no right to break the 7th Day Sabbath. He is the way, truth, and life, right? So, because He is life, can I murder? Because He is truth, can I lie? Then even if He was the Sabbath (which He is not), then I could not ignore the Lord's Day.

Just because it is on the bible doesn't mean God wished it to be like that. Humans wrote stuff and changed the book as they saw fit, you really think God had anything to do with customs related to work or rest on specific days? Maybe the one who influenced those words into the book had obscure reasons for it and hope it would be observed as sacred

We know rewriting happened on England, we know at the beginning the bible was not as it is, so it was formed over time in several years, why you feel it has been all's God work?

Personally i think it is very odd that God would care so much about some random day in a human made calendar but more specifically about work/rest.

Yee that's totally written by a human with some obscure and unknown personal reasons and gains and taking advantage of people's trust and faith

Either you believe God protected His Word, or you do not.

1 Corinthians 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Either it was written for our benefit or not. If you choose the latter, you need to repent.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Silly boy

If thou shalt not steal, kill, commit adultery, are mosaic to you, then yes I am under the Mosaic covenant. But every single Christian with a brain knows that it's wrong to do those things. We should therefore keep those commandments. Why? Because they are not exclusively part of the law of Moses. And this is exactly what you're failing to separate- what is exclusively part of the law of Moses, and that which is not. The annual feast days are. The Levitical law of the priesthood is. But not the law of clean and unclean which even Noah knew about before mankind even received permission to eat the flesh of dead animals (Genesis 9).

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join