It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for smart folks to explore hydrogen as fuel again.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have been schooled more than once about why hydrogen isn't a good choice for fuel. It uses more energy to convert than it offers back. So it's a cost thing. Got it. But is climate change still something we need to address? I only ask as the alt left seems hell bent on implementing the "green New Deal", which would make us not able to use gasoline, aircraft, ships, or general transportation. Because it's bad for the environment. Oh, and we only have a few years left.

Which brings me back to hydrogen. It burns clean and it's "pollution" is H2O (water). So as it seems cost isn't really a factor anymore, and it's likely that we as a people will still have to travel outside of walking distance to places, Hydrogen may be our only hope.

So in discussing this, please know, that I already understand how inefficient it is to produce hydrogen, the stick used to beat me with that info is in the corner, still dripping with blood, so do a guy a favor and leave it there.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

can we not use poo power ie from pigs just asking and you will always have something to eat at the end ?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I use hydrogen to run my emergency home generator.
I don't use any electricity to break down the water either. The answer is already out there.
www.hydroalumina.com...

edit on 2-8-2019 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Run electricity through water and you get hydrogen and oxygen. Mix them back together and that spells BOOM.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tempestking

can we not use poo power ie from pigs just asking and you will always have something to eat at the end ?

That's methane, not hydrogen.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It uses more energy to convert than it offers back. So it's a cost thing.

Obviously not just a cost thing if it takes more (fossil) energy to convert than it offers back. But you already know this. Obvious sarcastic rant is obvious.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Had you thought of the additional consumption of water on the population and arid areas. consumption might rise by a quarter or third, not really sure how far a gallon of water as fuel would go..

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShakesPeers

It uses more energy to convert than it offers back. So it's a cost thing.

Obviously not just a cost thing if it takes more (fossil) energy to convert than it offers back. But you already know this. Obvious sarcastic rant is obvious.

wow, snark ass reply noted. Since energy can only come from fossil fuels, we are doomed as a planet and should do the equitable thing and self terminate. Oh wait, before I fall on that sword, there are a few other areas for energy, solar, wind, geothermal, hydroelectric. Man, I'm glad I didn't kill myself based on your knowledge.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I would recommend asking Bob Lazar about this. He did quite a bit of research on it and if asked might be willing to give you some insight on the topic.

H2 has a pretty good future if it's backed, but every time H2 is brought up so is the film footage of the Hindenburg. Fear drives the future of energy more than science.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Thunderheart

It is to bad that aluminum recycling gives off both carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, and requires a feed stock of carbon to strip the oxygen off of the alumina on top of requiring electrolysis itself.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thunderheart

I don't use any electricity to break down the water either. The answer is already out there.
www.hydroalumina.com...

Thank you for the link, Can you tell us a bit more of your experience with the use of active alloy, set up cost, looks to be low maintenance system.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Oh wait, before I fall on that sword, there are a few other areas for energy, solar, wind, geothermal, hydroelectric. Man, I'm glad I didn't kill myself based on your knowledge.

Didnt you call it "our only hope" in your OP? Like I said obvious is obvious.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Oh wait, before I fall on that sword, there are a few other areas for energy, solar, wind, geothermal, hydroelectric. Man, I'm glad I didn't kill myself based on your knowledge.

Didnt you call it "our only hope" in your OP? Like I said obvious is obvious.

LOL, reading comprehension = epic fail. Stay in school.

Hydrogen may be our only hope

I tried to let the smart folks know that I don't need to be told how inefficient hydrogen is, I was actually looking for an answer as to if money isn't an option, then why not tool up for hydrogen. But then, you weren't looking for dialog with meaning, only to look like a hero, sadly, only came close with looking an awful lot like a zero. But keep trying, effective snark takes time to learn.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Hydrogen may be our only hope

Why did you say "may be" if

there are a few other areas for energy, solar, wind, geothermal, hydroelectric.

I tried to let the smart folks know that I don't need to be told how inefficient hydrogen is, I was actually looking for an answer as to if money isn't an option, then why not tool up for hydrogen.

That's not very smart since you already posted the answer yourself in the same post. I just pointed that out to you, remember?

It uses more energy to convert than it offers back.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thunderheart

www.hydroalumina.com...

HydroAlumina is a small research and development firm currently funded by its founders and small research grants. Our commercialization strategy is to seek out licensing partners who would deploy Woodall technology in their markets of interest. We are also interested in suitable equity investment in HydroAlumina itself from qualified investors.

The device is not on the market yet? This is quite old is it not? Why no product yet? I'd think people would be falling all over themselves to be the first to produce that product. How did you get one?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Here's their LinkedIn

It appears they are working on what looks like a small pressure cooker...

Erm...

Does the poster have a Q-36 Space Modulator as well?

ETA... a part it appears to be Ravata Solutions...

Buzzfile

Business Description
Ravata Solutions is located in Davis, California. This organization primarily operates in the Biotechnical Research, Commercial business / industry within the Engineering, Accounting, Research, and Management Services sector. This organization has been operating for approximately 2 years. Ravata Solutions is estimated to generate $107,812 in annual revenues, and employs approximately 3 people at this single location.

Looking worse and worse...

edit on 2-8-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Why did you say "may be" if

there are a few other areas for energy, solar, wind, geothermal, hydroelectric.

Holy SH!T! You mean you have an idea to propel a vehicle using one of those sources? I may have sold you a bit short. Please explain how one of those might work so I can gain some missing knowledge.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So now you are again suggesting it is in fact our only hope? Then why did you just mention those alternatives? You mentioned them, not me. Remember?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ShakesPeers

Rick, didn't you get enough of this already?

GO ahead, you got me. I can't outwit you. I submit to your authoritar.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

So now you are again suggesting it is in fact our only hope? Then why did you just mention those alternatives? You mentioned them, not me. Remember?

And for the answer, Yes, our only hope. Well, that and our current fossil fuels that seem like the logical choice unless an alternative is invented that would work without bad things at the end.

But I'm limited in my scope of knowledge. I am uninformed about wind cars, cars with attached rivers, or cars that stay in sunlight at night.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join