It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY Baltimore Is a Rat Infested Mess

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
As I remember Nyc had a huge rat problem in the 70's and 80's. I don't know about current times but I think B'more should see what NYC did.

Instead of just using this as an excuse to bash liberals.
edit on 2-8-2019 by lostbook because: Na

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

New York City is currently 3rd on the list of rat infested cities and liberals (unless they just happen to be citizens of Baltimore) were not bashed in my original post. You might try reading it.

edit on 2-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Athetos

Personally I think all those billions should go to education...with weight placed on the lower grades first. After a few generations you would probably see a change. Nothing is going to fix things quickly. For the short term however you could impose stiff fines on littering like some states in the SW put on tossing out cigarette butts...if I remember right NM fines 500$ and since the fine is so high the cops actually enforce it to get that money.

Oh, look, a serious posting without pointing at drug dealers, immigrants and "rats".

Of course, it got ZERO stars.

Because this is ATS, the top of the bottom of "they did not earn it, they do not deserve this!" ideology.

Thanks, mate. This will not fly on this board, and I hope you learned that this is a board infested with people who simply do not care about other people, as long as they can $hit on them.

*edit: you got a star from me. Watch out, this will get hate.*
edit on 2 8 2019 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I was in Baltimore yesterday and last night. The parts I saw were pretty nice.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I was in Baltimore yesterday and last night. The parts I saw were pretty nice.

That's like going to Havana and saying Cuba is a great place 😎

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Never did post things to get "likes" I just enjoy talking about issues with substance and I try to speak my opinions and thoughts on whatever topics interest me. Thanks for the reply though as I do enjoy conversing rather than just talking.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
When you have a certain segment of the population dependant upon the government for most everything, what incentive is there to improve your life, or your living conditions?

I remember driving to Baltimore, back in the late 70's, to meet my wife, and drive her home. I arrived in the downtown area, about 2:30 in the morning. The streets were full of young African Americans, just milling around. I thought to myself, guess they have no job. If they did, they sure wouldn't be out on the streets, at that time of the night.

If people, any race of people, have no self respect for themselves, they sure as Hell aren't going to clean up their living conditions, when they don't even try to clean up themselves.

After all, if the government is going to provide you with housing, and food, surely the government will clean up the mess.

It all boils down to people, not money. Give a damn, clean up yourself , and your environment.

Don't wait for someone else to solve your problems, do it yourself. Be an example, that others would follow.

It all starts with the individual.

Everything

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
No amount of money will fix the education system for kids that don't want to learn and parent(s) that don't give a damn.

If you have a rat problem, then solve it. Hire 1,000 exterminators for one year to go neighborhood by neighborhood and hunt the rats. $100mil is chump change to the 15 billion the city got. Give bonuses for rat carcasses. Hell pay anyone in the city $25 for every day rat they turn in.

Start paying the addicts/bums 25 cents for every rat carcass... setup some kind of incinerator in the neighborhoods. I guarantee within a month, you couldn't find a rat anywhere...

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

You want to solve that issue?

Decriminalize drugs.

Legalize certain ones. Tax them so they are producing revenue.

The city will clean up.

As you all know. Prohibition tends to cause more problems than it solves.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

The fundamental problem is that took large groups of people who were allowed no form of education and zero benefits from their fore fathers labor, and shoved them into ghettos and refused to apply the resources required to address the problem..

"The problem" has nothing to do with slavery or resources. The problem is communal, or a lack there of. Places like Baltimore, Oakland, Detroit, Flint suffer from a lack of community. In some cases receiving more federal funding than other higher populated cities but still failings to meet basic human needs like water. That's not from forefathers. That's from decades of corruption and political negligence from the Democrat party.

Always because “I shouldn’t have to pay for that!”

When some of those people absolutely profited from their forefathers labors
Who!?!?
Where!?!?
Not a single person alive today is directly profiting from century old slave labor practices. Just like there isn't a single person alive today negativity impacted from century old slave labor practices. This is a lazy argument for lazy people who don't want to work and produce a good or service for their community. But rather ride the coat-tails of people who do...

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
the only interaction I had with Baltimore was as a sub-teen back when Eisenhowser was President...

i knew a little about the historical city, mostly because of the studies I did concerning the Revolutionary era of America for the possible questions that might come up at my Citizenship testing...

I knew that Baltimore was a sanctuary for the wealthy and powerful... the City was famous for the Spooky writer named Edgar Allen Poe...
there in Baltimore there existed a sub-culture of Illuminati and Spiritualists, and Luciferian cults who thrived in the shadowy & endless connecting Alleyways …. A City devoid of airy, well lit Streets for the hustle & bustle pedestrians we find in other Cities..
NO -> the City had permanent lurkers, smoking cigarettes (or something else) whom shifted their gaze to avoid eye contact with people with a 'spring-in-their-step'

Baltimore, has/had a dread cloud above it, the atmosphere seemed as if there was a black veil over One's eyes, and objects hit the ground with a dull Thud if dropped by purpose or accident

A Very tingling adventure at my visit there for only 4-5 hours...Its a place to Avoid in my Future, and have done so to my credit >>>> considering I love horse racing as an Adult aficionado bettor...

SEE:

Pimlico | Visit Baltimore
baltimore.org...

The pivotal second jewel in horse racing’s Triple Crown series is held in this northern Baltimore neighborhood each May, attracting a who’s who crowd decked out in their finest hats and seersucker suits to Pimlico Race Course.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

No joke, I saw a rat the size of a cat in Milwaukee. It was so big it took me a minute to actually realize what it was. It was scampering around the edge of a building. Absolutely horrifying.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

That is why I say the lower grade students are the priority. They haven't been in the being smart isn't cool culture long enough to be stuck in it. You can still show them a better way. Not to say some people given the right conditions that are older wouldn't change their outlook but for sure easier to get to younger ones. Also might help if the celebrities that those cultures celebrate led the way...instead they glorify the opposite...and wonder why life doesn't get any better and they feel lile they have to "escape" the hood.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
18 Years old I started working at a GM plant in Flint Michigan. Monday 4 AM startup. Turn the lights on and wait. Throw parts ahead of ya to chase off the rats. As big as cats you bet and not friendly. the good old days.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

New York City is currently 3rd on the list of rat infested cities and liberals (unless they just happen to be citizens of Baltimore) were not bashed in my original post. You might try reading it.

I didn't mean that you were bashing liberals, just that some of the posts were spiteful of liberals. I should have clarified that.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Massive extermination program and a heavy handed punishment system for people who litter?

Less jail time and more community service programs for minor crimes? That fits in with my first suggestion...

Litter picking initiatives and better education for the youths? You'd be surprised how effective that is.

I remember when I was a kid and rubbish was everywhere, these days it's a lot better. It's actually the local council that's making the place look bad because they don't maintain the basics.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: jjkenobi

That is why I say the lower grade students are the priority. They haven't been in the being smart isn't cool culture long enough to be stuck in it. You can still show them a better way. Not to say some people given the right conditions that are older wouldn't change their outlook but for sure easier to get to younger ones. Also might help if the celebrities that those cultures celebrate led the way...instead they glorify the opposite...and wonder why life doesn't get any better and they feel lile they have to "escape" the hood.

I agree. An entire generation has been lost. Basically need to start with kids around 5 years old who are still young enough to be molded and haven't been over influenced with hoodrat culture.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Anywhere you find a port city, you'll find some kind of rat problem. Look at Georgetown in DC. It has a big rat problem and it's an affluent area.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Funny I dont remember rats in Norfolk when I lived there...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join