It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Guitarist of all time!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
And what about Les Paul? Most every name on htis list owes a little something to him...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
anyone heard of steve stevens? very good 80s guitarist not the best of all time but very good

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Uforia_
anyone heard of steve stevens? very good 80s guitarist not the best of all time but very good

Isn't he the one who played with Bily Idol?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna

Isn't he the one who played with Bily Idol?

And Michael Jackson.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
yeah hes got some cool solo stuff too

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
what about john frucscinate?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Gary Rossington from non-other than Lynyrd Skynyrd

Tough call, there are so many from that error but im sticken to
him.

Anyways the guitar anthem in Free Bird is wicked

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
andy sommers from the police was a great ax man aswell....not the best but worth a nod atleast

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
andy sommers from the police was a great ax man aswell....not the best but worth a nod atleast

The police are about my favorite band of all time, yeah, I'd put Andy up there. His solo stuff is cool, too...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Fredrik Thordendal

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
thought id better mention mark knopfler as well

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Go to www.Rickyvalente.com....check this kid out....his ax skillz are undenyable....live hes amazing....worth a listen atleast

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
HMMM Jimi hendrix............................................ but i also think Roy buchanan,Satriani,SRV,Jason becker,Joe Pass,Eric Clapton,Johnny Winter, Doyle Bramhall II,wes montgomary,charlie christain,Santana,django,David Gilmor,Robin Trower,Dicky Betts,Eric Johnson
Dime Bag Darrel,Vai,Yingwie,Dick Dale,Buddy guy,Albert king,Freddy King,BB King
Matt Guiitar murphy,Otis Rush,Luther Allison, Albert Collins And T bone Walker are COOL: pbjtime:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think we're forgetting the one and only Conor Lowry!?!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
lets no forget a guy that was voted best country guitar so many times by Guitar Player magazine readers that they retired him from that catagory......

.........he could also play wonderful jazz.....

...especially on a nylon string classical.........

.........Chet Atkins........

Some more greats to add.........

Al DiMola
Larry Carlton

...........and mister tastful licks........

.....Robbin Ford (listen to this guys work on the very first Yellow Jackets record of jazz fusion from the late 70's......so understanded but very impressive)

Oh..........how about Frank Marino (Mohagany Rush)........

did anyone mention the great classical guitarist the late Sergoivia?.......(sp?).........

BTW.......Jimi Hendrix is often referred to as the second Charlie Christianson......

and.......before Hendrix another guy whom many experts say Jimi copied and that was....... Mr. Funk beyond the call of duty...

.... Johnny Guitar Watson................now there was a dude that didn't record much of his potential on most of his music (but it was so cool anyway) but he could solo and do all the crazy body positions while soloing long before ole Jimi wowed them...........

Jeff Beck's work on Blow by Blow and Wired are among the most tastful of rock venues.....

Sorry I'm kind of old school and don't know too many of the new guys but picking the greatest guitarist of all time is a task that borders on sillyness from all the styles, forms, gear and venues to look at............

Enjoy the posts though.........

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It has to be Eddie Van Halen for Hard Rock
Jimmy Hendrix for Rock
but most no-name spanish accustic guitarists will outperfom them

[edit on 13-5-2005 by frozen_snowman]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
John Petrucci

From the band Dream Theater
greatest peices of work: Under a Glass Moon, Stream of Conciousness, Pull Me Under, This Dying Soul, As I am, Endless Sacrifice, Finally Free, etc, etc
:w:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
John Petrucci is practically my god... *sigh* One day I shall play like him. One day...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Robin Trower is up there.

My brother-in-law saw him in concert once and he said Trower left the stage but left his guitar behind on the stand, and the guitar started playing itself with just a spotlight shining on it.

That definitely sounds like a killer concert to me.

Peace

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
paco de lucia for flamenco, what a talent. electric well who else but mr malmsteen, quite surprised that no one has mentioned the late, great, kind, brilliant RORY GALLAGHER. easily the best bluesman i have ever seen in my life.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join