It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Talk About Doctor Who: Any Fans Out There?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Once they go PC none of that will matter. It will change into them using some kind of genetic tailoring to combine their DNA and River will become a lesbian.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If She does I’ll not see it

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

If you think the PC crazies would not do that then you are wrong. I can only hope there is still time.

I was watching the new Netflix show Another Life and wow, the people sent to save Earth, the best and brightest, are all young and sex crazed. Transexual sex, 3ways with 2 men, straight men having sex with straight men somehow. People and AI having sex.

That's the future of TV it seems.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Again, I’ll not be watching that either.
Their agenda does not sit well with me.
Embrace it,research it by all means but broadcast television paid for by Us should NOT push such things.
Time to scrap the TV license tax.But thats a whole other thread in itself.
EDIT don’t want to drift this thread but it was bound to happen.
edit on 3-8-2019 by Cymru because: Oops

edit on 3-8-2019 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I consider it on topic because the problem is the PC culture infiltration into shows, like Dr. Who. They need to stop pushing PC culture progressive agendas and go back to simply writing good scripts.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I fully agree. We are paying for this drivel with no choice in the matter.
I’ll start a thread on the TV License

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I had felt that the quality was slipping a bit in the last season with Capaldi. Not TOO badly, but enough that I thought there was the possibility that Whitaker and Chibnall would shake things up a bit in a positive way.

I sure was wrong..

"Doctor Who for Dummies" is exceedingly apt. Overall it felt like a completely different show, and despite sci-fi content, it sure didnt feel like sci-fi anymore.

I literally cringed at more moments than I could count. The writing took a horrific nosedive and Whitaker was inept at bringing the character to life. She felt like an imposter from the first episode, and that has nothing to do with her being female. Honestly, some of my favorite characters in the series have been female like Missy, River, and the Doctor's Daughter (PERFECT setup for a spinoff).

I do feel like they decided to tell and not show, when "show, dont tell" should be a standard. Many franchises are falling for this, from Star Trek Discovery to Star Wars to Doctor Who. And, what they are "telling" is generally in the same vein as what people identify as "SJW."

I feel like thats just incidental though.. Some series, like Star Trek, have been able to pull off really, really interesting stuff in "social justice" territory. In my opinion, the difference is that they used to present a situation and let the viewer come to their own conclusions. I like this. Especially because it "scales" according to how deeply the viewer wants to take it.

However, when it starts to feel like an hour long lecture on how we should think about the situation on screen, packaged with poor writing, poor storylines, and poor acting.. I lose interest quickly. Impressively quickly in this case.

My dad had introduced me to the original series years ago, then I introduced him to the new one. Every week we would get excited about it, he'd get my dog singing at the intro music, and we would settle in for an adventure.

I had a significant amount of good will towards the franchise because of those memories, but they were able to eradicate it in the very first episode. We both had started to lose a bit of interest at the end of the Capaldi era, and he passed away before Whitaker. I miss him.. And Doctor Who. Because of all that was connected to it, it was more than just a "show" to me.

Oh well.. Sorry for the long rant, Aug 1 was ol' pop's birthday and its been on my mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Bless you and Pops xx

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I haven't forgotten River! But I read that they aren't planning on bringing her back any time soon. Not Sure how much longer I can take this Whitaker Doctor

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

They were probably told to reproduce in any way possible so they are just trying everything

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
They should just end the series with Whittaker regenerating into old Tom Baker. The doctor retires and turns the tardis into a museum.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MachineMan

Turning the doctor into a time paradox like that would be a really interesting concept and a great idea but to my mind there is still plenty of life left in the franchise it just need's to get back on track with better writers and a more ethical approach than some PC idiot with a pen to push and an agenda to promote taking away from what is a fun concept.

In the current writers and directors corner though is the fact that despite the awful last series they have done a very good job of reviving Doctor Who even with that excess PC crap having been thrown into the mix to poison it somewhat.

The Original form of the doctor was a very traditional and stuffy old Victorian scientist with a time machine, he just morphed over time into the alien being he later became but originally had a grand daughter and a few other interesting bit's and pieces that made him into more of an out of place mad scientist genius from Victorian London living in 1960's London.

So I do not think he was actually originally an alien at all and the time Lord's were perhaps also not originally an alien race but could have been on the earth sometime - anytime in time itself.

Later he morphed into an alien as the series progressed and the writers had to come up with some new idea's and they did a very good job of it, SO to be fair my somewhat more stymied opinion should NOT be followed as in fact it is a creation that has been a continuous creation from it's very beginning, it is what it is and will always be loved even if they turn Doctor whom into a seven boobed cat woman with three tail's.
Just because I am getting a bit older does not mean my opinion is valid to the current generation of Doctor Who fan's - we all change and the Doctor has to more than most just to survive with the time's.

Here is a youtube compilation of the Doctor Who title sequences, the intro tune is one of the most memorable and greatest thing's about the show as it was creepy yet cool at the same time.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
The Original form of the doctor was a very traditional and stuffy old Victorian scientist with a time machine, he just morphed over time into the alien being he later became but originally had a grand daughter and a few other interesting bit's and pieces that made him into more of an out of place mad scientist genius from Victorian London living in 1960's London.

So I do not think he was actually originally an alien at all

I thought you were mistaken on this point, and managed to find a script of the first episode on Google;

Susan and I are cut off from our own planet,without friends or protection,but one day, we shall get back.

So "Victorian mad scientist" is his literary origin, true, but not his genetic origin.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Very well corrected indeed, thank you for that, I have to be fair though I was a tad bit too small when the first doctor who was on telly and used to hide behind the sofa at the first sign of a Dalek or the Cybermen (I think even that polystyrene monster on Star Trek used to frighten me back - I suppose we are all a bit desensitized these day's with TV having so much violence and no Mrs Whitehouse to keep things in order).

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Not to mention the beeping insects of the Web Planet.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
I think even that polystyrene monster on Star Trek used to frighten me back - I suppose we are all a bit desensitized these day's with TV having so much violence and no Mrs Whitehouse to keep things in order).

Hah , we were having this conversation in work last week , here he is and he still gives me the chills, just like the spindly Alien in Close Encounters !!

animesuperhero.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join