It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Talk About Doctor Who: Any Fans Out There?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
And don't get me started on the new intro music.

Here is the real thing, to console you.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Everybody loves Dr Who, I figured

Late night nuttin goin on.....

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Everybody loves Dr Who, even my wife

Like, I mean when what if nothing is on worth watching.....he he
edit on 2-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh gotcha. Yes. That would have been amazing to see

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yea they've changed too much. It's not as enticing or inviting as before. Used to I wanted to jump in and join them. They've dulled the whole show down quite a bit

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You know, i never got a flirtatious vibe from any of his relationships. He did seem to get jealous over other dudes being involved with his companions and was rude to them and always trying to show just how smart and amazing he was which was funny but towards the end he always had respect for them. With Peter's and Clara's relationship you could really see how much they loved each other without being IN love with each other. I liked that.

ETA: Thinking about it now, I see what you mean though. Tennant and Rose were definitely into each other so much so that he left his human clone with her so they could grow old together lol but after she had gone I dont think he had another relationship with a companion like that.
edit on 2-8-2019 by PageLC14 because: Afterthoughts

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Oooooo thats niiice

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Not a huge fan of the new Doctor, yet. I cut my teeth watching TB and was mortified when he regenerated (early 80s probably?). I learned to like Davison, but then CB! He seemed a bit too psycho in the beginning and the short season didn't help. I warmed up to SM fairly quickly but found him to be a little too sacchariney (Ace was the bomb though!). Had high hopes when the movie premiered, thought PM would have been one of the best, but that didn't pan out. Was very happy with the reboot, CE pulled things off well, loved DT and MS and thought PC would have ROCKED the part with better writing, he's still one of my favorites. "Night of the Doctor" did an INCREDIBLE job of tying the old with the new.... And then "She" happened. I felt I was being lectured for a perceived slight the whole season. I'll watch the next season, but if they don't drop the whole SJ/PC thing, I'll just revisit some familiar faces again starting with "An Unearthly Child" (x2 including the original pilot). I would absolutely love to see things change and have JW become my favorite doctor, just don't think it's in the cards.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BTPowers

Dont even know half of your abbreviations haha Glad you agree that DT, MS and PC did well though.

I just need to watch all the earlier episodes before reboot then i can have more of an idea of just how much its changed over all.

This new season just outright sucked and I'm hoping she regenerates soon. Preferably back into a male because Whitaker has just ruined the female version of the Dr for me.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14
The romantic aspect of the relationship was made most explicit in the episode when his working-partners are the current companion Rose and the older rediscovered Sarah_jane. Quoting from memory, there's the jocular comment from Rose's boyfriend about "welcome to a man's worst nightmare, the missus meeting the ex", and the ladies apparently regarding each other in the same way. Also in that or another episode there's an exchange between Rose and the Doctor something like;
"All my assistants keep wandering off like that"
"Is that how you see me- as just an 'assistant'?"
"As distinct from what?"

edit on 2-8-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I started watching Dr Who when Jon Pertwee was the Dr, and I was hooked from there on in.
Some of my fav's besides Pertwee have been Tom Baker of course, Peter Davison, Paul McGann in the film version, Christopher Eccleston has been the darkest and moodiest Dr in my view and often overlooked.
As to the new Lady Dr...I couldn't abide the series...I tortured myself all the way through each episode hoping it would improve...it just went from bad to worse. If she's back...I wont be watching....sadly

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

She is.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

She is.

Bugger!
Thank you for the heads up

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wonderful for decades, then ruined by political nonsense.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

We will get 3 seasons of her likely. There won't be any plans to kill her off this season, which means she will be in a 3rd season as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Well I was a fan but the series got too gender swappy thingy long before they turned the doctor into a woman, nothing wrong with her or her acting but she does not make a very good doctor and turning him into a woman was a step too far (plus that last series was awful the worst of the new series I mean an alien that wears teeth on his face? called Tim Shaw.

The degradation of the Doctor all began with the first series, in the episode were Jack Harkness was first introduced the doctor was morphed into a bi sexual multi species sexuality thing, ricky - I mean micky was made to argue with Rose in a reverse manner were he was playing the boyfriend arguing with her like a petulant girlfriend that felt left out as Rose (billie piper) whom was taking the role of the girlfriend and doctors new side kick was acting like the wandering boyfriend, it was an early role reversal but though subtle set the stage for the later degeneration of the Doctor.

I still like many of the episodes but it is not as good as it should have been and if I had my way the writer and director would have been both given the Kick and proper REAL talent brought in to create REAL science fiction and non of that pride crap on my telly.

Sorry I have nothing against gay's but this gender swap stuff just makes me feel like vomiting.

Still like some addict longing for the science fiction I loved and have lost I find myself hypnotically watching each and every episode even when I am not enjoying it because of all that gender swappy crap.

To be fair Torchwood to prove I am not biased was actually a better series in my opinion and I did really enjoy it even though I found myself looking away from the screen at awkward and for me unpleasant moment's, most of the time it was cool.

Then again it is far from the first science fiction hero or show to be trashed by some nit whit with a political correctness axe to grind.

edit on 2-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Go for broke and see them all, almost

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru
Ah, but this one has got the old visuals as well;

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Thanks

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Ah, some of you have short memories. Female Doctor. It'll change back soon. You all seem to forget River Song. Spoilers sweetie.
The Doctor marries River Song later in his timeline and has a child with her, Which turns out to be ........... I aint telling you. So he has to be male for that.
Bring back River.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join