It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Richat Structure Explored in New Documentary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

In one of the other threads I pointed out that the city in Egypt which Plato's ancestor Solon was said to have visited was at that time being ruled by a Berber prince. The legend's true origin may not be Egyptian.

You seem to think that Plato was providing a non-fiction account consisting of a series of historical fact.

But here's the thing. He did what countless writers have done and are still doing: he made it up, inserting some details of, and allusions to, real people and events, to make his fiction seem more believable.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I'm not sure I get what they would be hoping to find. What the Richat Structure is, is well known. Before I watch it, are they just playing off the myth of it being something other than the geologic feature it's know to be, a heavily eroded dome?

Plato doesn't say that the rings were man made. He says that they cut canals through each ring to connect the water ways together.

But the creation of the rings themselves was attributed to Poseidon creating them himself.

And when an ancient writer says that a god or the gods created something,........ what you think they *really* mean?

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: Guyfriday

All of the alternative Atlantian hypothesis are absurd (except Antarctica) and the Richat fits the descriptions handed down to us perfectly.

It's clearly not a "perfect" match because Atlantis was supposed to be on its own continent. (However Europe and Asia are considered two continents despite being connected, so... maybe they just counted it as another continent?)

However I might add to your list of things that do match up by referring to an ancient Berber myth of a king named "Antaeus" who might be king Atlas.

en.wikipedia.org...

In one of the other threads I pointed out that the city in Egypt which Plato's ancestor Solon was said to have visited was at that time being ruled by a Berber prince. The legend's true origin may not be Egyptian.

Plato was a educator and actually instituted the first University. His style of education was to put the lesson into a "Story". But Even Plato warns that what he shares is factual in the retelling of the Timaeus and Critias. Today, great artistic license is abused in the retelling of the story. It seems the Allotment name "Atlantis" is merged with the name of the Ringed City. The Allotment covers the Atlantic ocean and the islands present, it also covers large parts of Northern Africa. The Ringed City had a central Island known as the "Island of Atlas", Atlas being the Eldest son of Poseidon. Somehow By merging the two separate locations into one sends people looking for the ringed city in the wrong place.

The Allotment name was "Atlantis". The Capital of the Allotment was the ringed city by the name "Atlas", and it just so happened to be a Island, at that time.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
RIchat structure looks like a electricity scar, similar ones are on mars surface.
www.youtube.com...

<< 1  2   >>

join