It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Dash Cam Footage Of Pilot Landing On Busy Street Yesterday In Parkland, WA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
WOW!
Yesterday, a pilot was forced to make an emergency landing on a busy street in Parkland, Washington, "after a system malfunction caused the aircraft’s engine to stall in the skies above." The pilot was able to land his plane on a clear patch of roadway, then stop it, right before a very busy intersection, as seen in the video clip below. A Washington State trooper caught the following footage from his dash cam. Can you imagine being stuck at that intersection and seeing this single engine plane heading towards you?

The pilot timed his landing perfectly to coincide with a momentary break in traffic, after a system malfunction caused the aircraft’s engine to stall in the skies above.

The stunned trooper who captured the amazing air-to-ground manoeuvre then helped the plucky pilot push the plane into a nearby parking lot.

LINK

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I don't know why but the officer knocking on the plane made me laugh. He was very calm. I wish there was sound with that video.

That pilot was dang lucky there wasn't more traffic.

I prolly would have pee'd myself, seeing that coming at me.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Gosh, lucky no cars were immediately in its path...

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Holy guacamole, that’s crazy!

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

effing brilliant landing!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What is more frightening is all the cars that seem to be oblivious to what is going on....

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Coulda been a little snappier gettin outta his way further......

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
Gosh, lucky no cars were immediately in its path...

If there were, he wouldn't have landed there...

Luck had nothing to do with it. He needed to land and he saw a window in the traffic.

edit on 282019 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

"The stunned trooper who captured the amazing air-to-ground manoeuvre then helped the plucky pilot push the plane into a nearby parking lot."

Was the pilot's name Pete Patterson? Probably...

And, wow! That was some great flying.
edit on 2-8-2019 by elkabong57 because: Edit

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So many dangers with that type of landing. Light posts, intersections, street lights, cars, potholes, etc. Glad to see everyone is ok.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
even stopped at the lights! you don't see that every day.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The lucky part is that the pilot found a road with no power lines across it. It’s relatively easy to land a light aircraft like that on a highway if you have a clear approach, but flying into power lines just before touchdown can ruin your whole day. a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Notice how the trooper first knocks on the plane, then unsnaps his firearm in his holster...like he's just walked up on a drunk driver or a bad guy?

Trooper: "I'll need to see your Driver's License, Registration and Proof of Insurance, Sir!"

Pilot: "Uhhhhh, okay, ... but do you mind if I shovel the enormous steaming pile of SHART (complete with buttons from the seat upholstery) out of my UnderRoo's first, officer???
edit on 8/2/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Haha...notice how cool that pilot was? He gets out of the cockpit, casually strolls to the other side of the plane to check the landing wheel, then walks to the front and begins pulling the plane by its prop.

"I got this officer, how 'bout you go to that 7/11 and get me a wild cherry slurpee?"

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
even stopped at the lights! you don't see that every day.

No you don't. Looked like he was waiting to make a left hand turn.

Funny enough I saw something like this not once but twice.
In New York. I saw a light aircraft that had crash landed on the Long Island Expressway and another time I saw a helicopter that crash landed on the Belt Parkway right outside Kennedy Airport. Well a few miles away from the airport but in that vicinity.
This was a long long time ago. More than thirty years I think.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What are the chances!

A small plane had to conduct an emergency landing on a gulf course here in Canada yesterday.

Emergency Landing - Canada

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Fore!

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You know Canadians are the nicest because the Gulf Course is allowing the pilot to fix his plane on their course today hahah

top topics

join