It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Activists and Hollywood are Begging Michelle Obama or Oprah Winfrey To Run for President.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
What happened to the 20 or so they already have ?
Is the Democratic Party saying we got losers and we know it ?

YES...

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: muzzleflash

Speaking of "lunacy"...

A Federal Court ruled on Tuesday that the Trump-Russia-Wikileaks collusion theory was a HOAX.

After the judge announced his ruling, several more Democrats in the House joined the "Impeach Trump" bandwagon.

Although we here at ATS knew it was bogus from the get - go, I gotta say it again:
There's nothing wrong with exposing the Truth and why doesn't anyone bring up the fact the USA has been intervening in elections worldwide since the end of WW2?

What did I say in that awesome rant thread a few years ago? Oh yeah...

Why should I be concerned if some country "might be" influencing our elections "perhaps possibly maybe" daring to show how corrupt our elected officials are by revealing their actual emails (which no one denies being real)?

For decades the USA has exerted undue influence over virtually every election in every nation on Earth! We incite revolutions, promote corruption, overthrow governments, create wars, invade nations, manipulate economies, and have hundreds of military bases encircling the entire globe!

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards Andrew Yang, the only candidate addressing the impending job crash caused by automation and technologies that will take more and more jobs away from the average Joe.

The only prudent way to address the impending job crash via automation is to see it as an opportunity to create new high-tech high-paying jobs and expand and improve our higher education system.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Michelle Obama says there's 'zero chance' she'll run for president: 'It's just not for me'

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I just wish that Trump could address the immigration problem effectively (legalization of all drugs to eliminate the roots of the problem in central and south America).

Also we need a major Constitutional overhaul - our Constitution is weak and needs to be expanded greatly. We need to make it much more specific in order to limit the abuse of power that the judicial branch currently exercises by twisting it, we need to limit the ability of the legislative to just write thousands of pages of new laws every year, and we need to limit the executive branches uncanny ability to grow it's agencies exponentially wasting all our tax money.

I dunno where to even start with this, and it's it's own thread.

I can tell you one thing for sure though - not one of the candidates are up for the task, especially these jokers Obama and Oprah. They wouldn't have a clue how to solve these complex problems.

Trump really doesn't get it either, but he does know how to play politics. At least Trump did good with North Korea and with the tariffs. That's a start.

We actually aren't really addressing most of our problems though - govt abuses, environmental issues, future technology, educational corrosion, the loss of the Constitution, our pharmaceutical corporations are outta control, moral erosion and our insane crime problems, etc.
edit on 8/2/2019 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Michelle Obama says there's 'zero chance' she'll run for president: 'It's just not for me'

www.foxnews.com...

For once I agree with Michelle. It's not for her.
Broken clock's right twice a day as they say...

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I just wish that Trump could address the immigration problem effectively (legalization of all drugs to eliminate the roots of the problem in central and south America)

Why bite the hand that feeds you ?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Yes but what about those not smart enough for college, the trades will also be effected by automation, trucking and driving jobs etc etc. I have had this argument with myself, there have been several technological revolutions that we thought would create a job crash..the wheel, the tractor, the industrial revolutions the assembly line etc etc those all ended up creating more jobs but this automation revolution for some reason feels like it's going to really have an impact on future careers. If you can't program, maintain, create or fix the robots there will not be many options left for work especially when they train the robots to do those jobs.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The Democrats are hoping for a popularity contest with the young public to be the decider in the election.. but I think enough Democrats realize electing a young, naive and inexperienced leader is WORSE than Trump! Not all of them subscribe to the tripe the DNC offers up about Russia, Corruption, Racism etc etc... its a total con and some Democrats know it!

Oprah's great at what she does, great spokesman, interviewer and knows how to keep a crowd interested..

She's experienced in her field, but that field is a far cry from leading the most important and most powerful nation on earth
She has no experience with major decision making, economics, business, negotiation, trade...

And Michelle Obama?.... she did some low to medium level positions in her local districts and was a marketing and IP lawyer.
But her main 'appeal' to voters is that she was Barracks Wife and was a great first lady... thats no reason to be considered for President!

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

There will be plenty of jobs for everyone. Like tons of room for new therapists listening to everyone cry about everything. The arts, computer programming, astronauts, teachers, etc, there will be tons of options available.

Also keep in mind that automation will bring the cost of everything down significantly, so we will need less work hours and less welfare.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

She has no experience

I don't buy into the "no experience" argument. Trump had no solid experience in politics per se.

And think about it, do you really want someone experienced in being a corrupt sellout politician? I don't. Someone without experience is probably exactly what we need.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

That or start prosecuting bad apples to the fullest extent. Politicians like educators and doctors should be in it for humanities sake first and foremost, lucrative pay should be way further down the list.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Well maybe if they could find someone with half a brain they could have a chance. As it is now, the Dems are screwing themselves with all this lunatic talk.

I already resigned myself to 8 years of Trump a long time ago...

So has every single one of his detractors and every single supporter of the democrat party and every single democrat as well.

It’s evident they stopped trying a loooong time ago.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What all of you seem to forget is everybody who isn't Hillary would have won against Trump.

Sure the democrats are a bit traumatised and wish for some kind of female saviour, but let's face it de Blasio will be president 2020. Want to bet?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I'll agree.

The thing about Trump and Oprah is that people seem to think what they see on TV is the real person. It's usually not. TV is, by definition, larger than life and scripted to elicit emotional responses from the viewers.

When Trump talks about he "made" The Apprentice, what i actually hear is not that his personality was what caused the show to go over well... it was his ability to play the character the wanted to project, and to know his audience well enough to know what character should be projected. When Trump went up against Vincent K. McMahon in WWE's Battle of the Billionaires, he wasn't mad at McMahon... McMahon wasn't mad at him... it was all an act, put on for our amusement. I was pretty sure Trump would win that one out, because the loser had their head shaved by the winner... and I didn't think Trump's ego would let him undergo that much humiliation.

McMahon, on the other hand, makes his living on WWE by being the consummate bullying boss, humiliating everyone around him, and then being humiliated himself. It's no big deal for him, because his entire life is built around the WWE.

If anyone back in 2016 had wanted to see who Donald Trump really is, they would have watched the numerous interviews he did off the set, and his feud with Rosie O'Donnell. Those are as real as you get... considering that even then, Trump was projecting an image, just the image he wanted to project instead of the image his show needed.

It's not just Trump, either... every single celebrity projects an image, heck, just about every single person projects an image. Success is in large part determined by how well one chooses that image and how well they project it.

Donald Trump is a self-absorbed, egotistical, arrogant megalomaniac. He knows how to use that to project a character that does exactly what he wants done, be that antagonizing a Democratic Congressman or getting a viewer to make damn sure they tune in the next week. Trump is a master at manipulation and knows how to set and achieve goals by thinking outside the box. In business, his goal was to make profit; in government, his goals range from establishing a more orderly immigration system to making 'his' economy the greatest in the world.

From what little I know of Oprah, I think she is probably obsessive, compulsive, uber-confident, a risk-taker, and idealistic. Those are not necessarily bad traits for a President to have. Michelle Obama seems to be spoiled, demanding, and an attention-seeker... not the traits I would look for in a Chief Executive. And of course, the fact that she would likely follow the same failed policies that her husband did makes her an absolute no for me.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Politicians like educators and doctors should be in it for humanities sake first and foremost, lucrative pay should be way further down the list.

I agree, but that's what we have now. Tell me, who do you think would be easier to pay off: someone who struggles to make ends meet financially, or someone who already has plenty of money?

Money is not the root of all evil. The love of money is the root of all evil. One need not have a thing to love that thing... as a matter of fact, the old saying Absence makes the heart grow fonder would seem to apply, as people typically desire the greatest those things they do not have.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

let's face it de Blasio will be president 2020. Want to bet?

Is this a trick question?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thanks for sharing your observations.

I need to take a lesson from Trump and learn how to embrace my own unique personality traits and then figure out what others want to see and then project something close to that based upon what I have to work with.

Although I've always detested "manipulation", I suppose like any tool it is a double edged blade and can be used for good or bad. So I need to recognize that and accept that I need to wake up to reality and utilize it (for good of course) but to achieve my own goals more effectively. Currently I feel like I've been failing at my objectives and don't believe I deserve to fail either - so I need to learn some lessons here and improve my game significantly so I can progress forward into a better life. God knows I'm getting real tired of my stagnating disaster, I'm ready to move forward.

Thanks for helping me think about this outside of the box. I guess Trump can be a source for inspiration after all, as weird as that sounds lol.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The new "Comedy Central" obvious they are on media to draw from true news,feed the liberals

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

What all of you seem to forget is everybody who isn't Hillary would have won against Trump.

You are dreaming.

Just watch his rallies. Tens of thousands flock to see him.

P

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join