It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I went to the Trump rally in Cincinnati today . Want to hear a story ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

It's ok. I could tell you that Trump doesn't fart rainbows out of his arse but I understand that would be a tough thing for you to accept.
You just keep believing that everything is right with you and yours and we'll just go our own ways. Don't melt on me now, snowflake!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I was glad that you replied in the way you did. It just reinforced most of my positions on the left .

You didn’t bother understanding the essence of the OP.

You saw something you didn’t want to hear and attacked the source .

Your reply was a perfect example of .........

“THINK LIKE ME OR ELSE”

Get your emotions in check then you won’t be so easy to read .

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: links234

I was glad that you replied in the way you did. It just reinforced most of my positions on the left .

You didn’t bother understanding the essence of the OP.

You saw something you didn’t want to hear and attacked the source .

Your reply was a perfect example of .........

“THINK LIKE ME OR ELSE”

Get your emotions in check then you won’t be so easy to read .

And that last line says it all. Get your emotions in check.

They can't. That's what they live on. Pure emotional distress.

Logical thinking fargs up something and usually results in massive name calling.

They think that if they insult you, you will shut up.

NEVER.

Fred..

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

Progressives are the people that wear the liberals bleeding heart on their sleeve .

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

See, this it the thing. No, of course I didn't say every trump supporter. I don't think I specified, but thats a big assumption to make. I am certainly not trying to imply every trump supporter is a jacka**. I hope it didn't come across that way. But for the 5 younger jacka*** sitting in front of me, my lack of enthusiasm got their feelings all out of whack, and yes, that's what happened. And no, no one else said a word. It wasn't very threatening, which is maybe why no one said anything. Rude, tactless, and disrespectful though. I certainly wasn't going to cause a scene by engaging with them either, as satisfying as it may have been, as we all need to grow the f up a bit and I figure its good to lead by example.

You're faith in those folks is a little heartening though. I'm assuming that means you think all of your trump supporting acquaintances would do something, and I sincerely hope thats true. We all have to police our own these days.

However, we all have to be aware of confirmation bias. I didn't believe libs in Portland would be attacking people with batons, but sure as #, I've seen plenty of videos of it now. Just as I've seen plenty of videos of people getting punched at Trump rallies. hell, there's a video circulating of a trump guy getting out of his pickup and attacking an old man at the Cincinnati rally we're talking about. Its the fact that this has become so common now that bothers me. You can tell, I'm not a fan of Trump. That doesn't mean I hate people who voted for him. As long as a trump supporter isn't the type that's advocating for tossing liberals out of helicopters, I'm willing to talk and agree to disagree, or better yet persuade them to see things my way. And get this, I'm one of those that believes that in order to persuade someone, you have to be open to being persuaded yourself! Hell, I'm happy to do it. But you can't do that very much anymore. Its an with us or against us thing, and that's what bothers me. I don't like the team sports mentality thats going on on both ends of the spectrum. People stop thinking for themselves when that happens. Unfortunately, I think its going to get a hell of a lot worse before it gets better. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my 2 pennies on the subject.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

I’m very glad to see I’m not the only one here who gets very bad vibes from this dude.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The RIGHT is happy because their new orange Lord Jesus is on top of their fkin head.

The LEFT are depressed and unhappy the fact that a fkin clown running the show.

If it was other way around, your story would be different.

edit on 3-8-2019 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cowboy762

I didn’t make any assumption. And in no way did I speak about any group as a whole. I went out of my way press the point that there’s thoughtful people in each crowd that should or would come to someone’s aid in a situation like that .

Your second paragraph was rather long. So I’ll get right to the point with my opinion. There’s boneheads on both sides of every issue there always has been and there always will be .

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Nice debate with that Commie. He was looking mighty uncomfortable with your questions.
Surprised he never heard about Bernie comparing Baltimore to a third-world country.

Hope you had fun at the rally.
I went to the last one with my son...and you're right...the Trump people were all super-polite and friendly.

will watch them tomorrow at work

How? Won't you be busy working?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

a reply to: fredrodgers1960

Progressives are the people that wear the liberals bleeding heart on their sleeve .

After ripping it out of the liberal's body. They need the fresh bleeding heart to replace they ones in their own body. Since, they have one of stone IMO. /s

Unfortunately debate dies when one giant progressive party is all you have here. Our RINO's or DINO's have drowned out third parties.

The Brits have way more than one and seem a bit scrambled with a party only having to get a small percent to win the power. They should make it be a runoff so at least the whole nation can consider the more narrow points that a small party brings to the table. Often the small Party platforms are more focused than we Americans often see from our elected officials. I love to see the British MPs tell it like they think it is when I catch some of that on BBC.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I’m kind of rambling here. But I think you guys will like it.

I drove up and went over about five . Walked about a mile to get there. I usually chat with people when I’m taking a walk , standing in line hell I even do it at stoplights . No one on the left would even say hi back . I cracked two jokes to this guy in the video. He looked straight ahead and wouldn’t answer. Then he did a speed walk to get away for me . So I cut an angle on the street to get ahead of him and he turned the other way . 😂

Trump supporters were different. Smiling happy cheerful and thoughtful . The left was doing a slow burn .

I politely asked quite a few if they wanted to talk about the issues. One lady was nice enough to say not really. The rest just glared so of course I smile back.

When I got down to the arena there were between 20 and 30,000 Trump supporters in line. Everybody was well behaved I even got to chat up a guy selling bottled water. I asked how many people he thought were here. He replied 30,000.(which seem to be the consensus) and he told me he had sold 1500 bottles of water and under two hours. Trump helps the economy wherever he goes. 😁

I walked back to the corner and noticed about 100 to 150 people from the left. Screaming the same old chant “No Trump, No KKK, No fascist USA” (I never thought I’d miss hey hey ho ho (insert name) has got to go”

I knew that group wasn’t supposed to be there because of their permit. At the closest they should’ve been about a quarter-mile away on the other side of great American ball park . I walked over and asked a female cop nicely why they were there.

She bit my head off.

I wasn’t implying anything I wasn’t angry I just asked a question.

When I got up to Pete Rose Way.

There was one guy with the bull horn screaming at the Trump supporters in line that they all had been had by a con man billionaire.

So of course I did what any other smartass would do and crossed the street to talk to him. 😇

I leaned against a light pole when he was about 30 feet away. I was polite and I asked him if he wanted to discuss the things he was talking about. He looked at me like I had three heads turned around and continued screaming at the Trump supporters with the bull horn.

In a few minutes he moved to about 10 foot from me and I asked him again.

Here’s how it went.......

Oh yea trump supporters are a blast. This is the guy who they support. Someone who says he can shoot someone in public in the street and still get votes from his supporters. I wonder how that reflects you and your smiling and happy trump supporter fan base. Get a grip on reality. You're supporting a con-man and lapping it up like a thirsty doggie. Deny all ignorance.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nemox42

Do you always take jokes and literally ?

Sad

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Nemox42

Do you always take jokes and literally ?

Sad

I'm sure trump was laughing all the way. At that dinner. Look at him laughing like jolly old st nick. ROFL. After watching that video I'm laughing now. Trump definitely got those jokes and I'm sure he didn't take them literally, since he ran for president right after all this happen.
edit on 17-8-2019 by Nemox42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join