It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I went to the Trump rally in Cincinnati today . Want to hear a story ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: Fallingdown

This just seems rather silly. I can go out and find a knuckle dragging Trumpette any day of the week and record an embarrassing interaction with them on my phone and post it here. Does it prove anything more substantial that what you've shown here?

I had no idea you lives so close though (assuming you live in/around the Cinci area). If you'd like I'd be happy to sit down and chat in person over our political differences if you're really so keen to have a 'heart-to-heart' with someone who can reliably argue against your positions.

Do it.. let us see the evidence.

And moreso, let us see how we respond to it... not with indignation I suspect, but the same ire that anyone would.

Ahh but therein lies the difference.. 9 out of 10 times you try, you'll encounter someone with a rational thought process.. unlike 1 out of 10 times if the roles are reversed.

Sorry, but your side has proven this time and time again. Have not a clue.

I am disappointed that you're jumping to conclusions so readily. If you have already made up your mind about EVERYTHING then why even have a discussion with anyone who doesn't agree with you?

You've stated a hypothesis and then also listed your determination therein, without having seen any evidence as you requested.

I guess I just don't know why you're wasting your time debating with me if you've made up your mind before I've responded.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: gallop

Are we in the mudpit....checking....yep, mudpit, good!!!

Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound?

I'm liking the conversation between Fallingdown and Wayfarer but here you come galloping in with your non-facts.

Just shut up dude!! You are not going to convince me or anybody else you got a big chart there where you interviewed each and every person in the US and can come up with these arbitrary numbers.

9 out of 10 random Trumper are rational, 1 out of 10 libtard are rational....blow out your ***

Peace

Ahaha, there you go.. "SHUT UP!" typical leftist reaction to a reasoned statement. The point was that in every encounter at any rally, event, protest, we see the right stating sensible fact unhindered by emotional outbursts. On the left, we have ignorance, inability to communicate, and damned petulance at even be questioned. On the left we have masked marauders who intimidate, violently attack and disrupt.

Show me these sensible left wing people. Show me one interaction that actually results on a decent conversation about opinions, ideas and thoughts. Just one. And not some tame communist espousing hate for his country, but able to string a few words together once he is on camera. Someone with an actual grasp of what it is they are against.

That's right, YOU can't...

You can go find 100 people, and pick the lowest common denominator to show as a retarded nazi trump supporter.. sure, it's inevitable. But just attend one protest where the left have congregated en masse to cause #, and you can find 100 people willing to spit on you...

Prove me wrong.

So take your smarmy crap and shove it where the sun don't shine, sonshine.

Oh and btw... So sorry for ruining your view of the lovely interactions between people... Shame, huh..

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This just seems rather silly. I can go out and find a knuckle dragging Trumpette any day of the week and record an embarrassing interaction with them on my phone and post it here. Does it prove anything more substantial that what you've shown here?

I had no idea you lives so close though (assuming you live in/around the Cinci area). If you'd like I'd be happy to sit down and chat in person over our political differences if you're really so keen to have a 'heart-to-heart' with someone who can reliably argue against your positions.

And moreso, let us see how we respond to it... not with indignation I suspect, but the same ire that anyone would.

Ahh but therein lies the difference.. 9 out of 10 times you try, you'll encounter someone with a rational thought process.. unlike 1 out of 10 times if the roles are reversed.

I am disappointed that you're jumping to conclusions so readily. If you have already made up your mind about EVERYTHING then why even have a discussion with anyone who doesn't agree with you?

You've stated a hypothesis and then also listed your determination therein, without having seen any evidence as you requested.

I guess I just don't know why you're wasting your time debating with me if you've made up your mind before I've responded.

I interjected a comment. You said you could, I said do it.

but I should just 'SHUT UP" because it goes against your cognitive dissonance to consider what you think goes directly against the facts.

Even OP said that the majority of the Trump supporters he spoke with were courteous and civil, but the left didn't want a bar of it.

Knuckle dragging anti-Trumpers are so hard to find these days..........

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I interjected a comment. You said you could, I said do it.

but I should just 'SHUT UP" because it goes against your cognitive dissonance to consider what you think goes directly against the facts.

No, nobody told you to shut up, nor should you in my opinion. I'd just imagine you'd get more value out of your time if you asked me for a video example and waited for me to produce it before concluding your thoughts on the matter.

By asking for something and then voicing your determination on it already it makes it seem like you're not actually interested in what you asked of me and are rather more keen to make a point decoupled from the reasonableness of the discussion.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cowboy762

Interesting. I've been to two Trump rallies. One was during the primary, that one went fine. The other got damn tense as Trumpets were upset that I had my arms folded while he was doing his Mussolini speech and didn't stand to flap their hands when they did. I guess if you don't clap and chant what he wants you to repeat, you deserve "f**k you, libtard" and "what, you're feelings hurt snowflake?". Its amazing what little guys/ guys who take 5 seconds to stand up will say to you when the place is crawling with security.

Ohio Trump supporters must be classier than the ones in Montana.

Honestly, those rallies were the most bizarre things I've ever seen. I like to think I'm a guy who can get along with everyone. for real, I have good friends across the political spectrum. But you get those Trump folks in a group and its like a cult, you're either in it or you're not and if you're not, well then you're obviously not an American. Sad times we're living in.

Cudos to you though ( and I am being sincere) for being cool, being polite and trying to talk issues with the guy in the video. I think we might disagree with who came out on top in your debate, but I bet you and I would have fun having a beer and talking issues if that's how you approach things. Encourage your friends in the Trump camp to be that classy.

" I like to think I'm a guy who can get along with everyone. for real, I have good friends across the political spectrum. But you get those Trump folks in a group and its like a cult..."

Well, "I like to think... etc..." does explain pretty much everything you said.

On the one hand, you are basically suggesting "I am an open minded individual..."

...then from there you jump right into a statement that is ALWAYS an alarm bell signalling Logical Fallacy... i.e., bigotry.

Hey... I get it. Not everyone is a racist... but nearly 100% of the population is bigoted, and doesn't even have a clue, because they have virtue signaled their self awareness into oblivion.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Lol....you disrupted a conversation between Fallingdown and Wayfarer.

You jump in with your non-facts shouting for proof...does that make you one of those leftwing people you talk about or did you just proof rightwing people aren't all rational?

Irony...you got to love it.

Peace

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

I gotta say you two are showing me a little bit of hope here, rational, calm discussion about a topic that does tend to get folks rather heated. Wish more discussions on this site were like this.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I commend that young man for being polite, non-profane and SUPPORTIVE of the 2A!

great short interview, OP!

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Great job. It was fun watching the guy be slightly shocked when you brought up Bernie. He never really answered the question though.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Can you show me where I cried racism? Maybe I didn't make myself clear but I don't think our leaders should be referring to leaders from another country as monkeys or telling people to go back to their countries, they should be more professional than that, and that goes for democrats, independents, wigs, libertarians etc etc that is type of language I would expect from an uneducated bully.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Something to consider:

The Trump folks were going to an event for their rock star. Of course they are generally in a good mood, happy to be there...its a show for them.

The anti-Trump folks are people who feel strongly enough in their dislike/hate for Trump that they went downtown (maybe in another town from where they live) to voice their opinion. In their mind, they are the last protection for...whatever it is they want to protect.

I tend to dislike protesting because its a surefire way to make you look like a raving lunatic. Some of the photos of people taken protesting nonsense are just exquisite to laugh at.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Personal opinion.

Trumps an ass. Its been well known for decades that he's an ass. If he suddenly stopped acting an ass, he would then be dishonest. That would make him a politician, huh?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Some people just don't get it that everything Trump says, no matter what it is, is twisted into something derogatory by the media and then it feeds to fevers of the TDS sufferers.

Some people just don't get that some of us hear what Trump regularly says and find it derogatory and/or simply vile ourselves—because it is, without the media telling or pointing it out to us.
edit on 2-8-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well he certainly surprised me when he said he has a job, however I could tell he was a filthy communist and scrapping the bottom of the barrel in the gene pool

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

And we were doing so well...

@BFFT...haven't seen you in awhile, glad to see you are still keeping the boards sane..

I agree with you on Trump...like the guy, hate him...at least he's being himself. Can't say much on the effects of his politics since I pay taxes to a different government but I would like to see a little more decorum on international stuff.

Peace

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I read along and thanks guys for the compliments .

In the name of full disclosure I would like to say something about moderate reasonable liberals .

They do exist .

Reasonable Democrats recognized what was happening to their party and the contempt their party held for them.

When you realize people think that you’re an idiot what do you do ?

You you get pissed off flip them the bird as you #WalkAway .

Those people might not be Republicans but they’re working for the same cause.

They want to wake the rest of their party up .

If I ever ran into Brandon Starka i’d buy the man a beer .

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

“ I’d rather have a successful jerk, then a unsuccessful nice guy “

( Danna Perino comparing Obama and trump )

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I drove up and went over about five . Walked about a mile to get there. I usually chat with people when I’m taking a walk , standing in line hell I even do it at stoplights . No one on the left would even say hi back . I cracked two jokes to this guy in the video. He looked straight ahead and wouldn’t answer. Then he did a speed walk to get away for me . So I cut an angle on the street to get ahead of him and he turned the other way . 😂

So first you deliberately harass and stalk some poor stranger.

Trump supporters were different. Smiling happy cheerful and thoughtful .

That's just, like, your opinion man.

When I got down to the arena there were between 20 and 30,000 Trump supporters in line. Everybody was well behaved I even got to chat up a guy selling bottled water. I asked how many people he thought were here. He replied 30,000.(which seem to be the consensus) and he told me he had sold 1500 bottles of water and under two hours. Trump helps the economy wherever he goes. 😁

Pretty interesting numbers given that the arena has a capacity of 17,000. So you're saying upwards of 13,000 were outside the arena?

She bit my head off.

Maybe you should let the cops do their job?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have been at 5 Trump rallies. All 5 because my Niece sells the MAGA hats. Each rally? We walked away with a minimum of $21K in sales. And that meant $18K in profits. I literally couldn't carry enough at a time, we broke out the portable wagons. Every single one, sold, no matter how many we took with us. Started selling Q hats at the last 3. Those lasted maybe 30 minutes, and we had 5,000 of them made up. Not nearly enough.

At each rally, there was no violence. In fact, I stayed in the parking lots and must say that the atmosphere was like tailgating when I was a kid going with the family to Steelers games.

Polite. Civil. Friendly. It felt like I was with family.

Black. White. Asian. Hispanic. Americans. All types, colors, hair styles, all felt like my family. There was no racism, none what-so-ever. All were welcomed, and welcoming.

The only ones acting violent? The liberal protesters, and people just snickered at them.

Fred..

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

I drove up and went over about five . Walked about a mile to get there. I usually chat with people when I’m taking a walk , standing in line hell I even do it at stoplights . No one on the left would even say hi back . I cracked two jokes to this guy in the video. He looked straight ahead and wouldn’t answer. Then he did a speed walk to get away for me . So I cut an angle on the street to get ahead of him and he turned the other way . 😂

Upon reflection I probably shouldn’t of done that. I was just offended by his rudeness .

Trump supporters were different. Smiling happy cheerful and thoughtful .

Nope it was a fact were you there ?

When I got down to the arena there were between 20 and 30,000 Trump supporters in line. Everybody was well behaved I even got to chat up a guy selling bottled water. I asked how many people he thought were here. He replied 30,000.(which seem to be the consensus) and he told me he had sold 1500 bottles of water and under two hours. Trump helps the economy wherever he goes. 😁

it depends on which venue. For concerts it’s rated it 17,500+ there’s room on the floor. All the Trump rally‘s have large numbers that didn’t make it inside. Haven’t you been paying any attention for the last three years ?

She bit my head off.

Just asked a simple question didn’t interfere at all .

Apparently I’ve made your bottom lip tremble .

I’m sorry
edit on 3-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join