It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have We No Decency? A Response to President Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is an indication of nothing.

/Thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

edit on 1-8-2019 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

"Get thee behind me Satan"

LOL
So you're one of those who thinks that Trump is The Messiah? Criticizing Trump is akin to criticizing the Messiah?

.."for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ [/I]

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Or maybe he is like me and just realizes Obama is even worse than Trump.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Actually, most Christians that I know don't support Trump or his policies. They think that Mike Pence isn't very Christianly.

It's the Evangelicals who support Trump, and these Evangelicals don't support Jesus' teachings or Christlike behavior, unless you're talking about the Christ of the Book of Revelations. Then, they're all over it.

You're either in a very liberal area or you don't know many Christians.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
I have seriously tried my best to sit in the centre of politics where I deemed the most logica position however, every single day the absolute garbage that comes from the Marxist, faux virtuous world saviours pushes me further away.

I have a theory on why everyone who disagrees with the left is a racist. They’re in the early stages of completely dehumanising us. Once that is thoroughly drilled in the minds of their followers they can do what they like.

Step 1: convince the left that there is nothing worse on earth than a racist- child killers included.

Step 2: convince the left that everyone who disagrees with them is a racist.

Step 3: silence the racist dissenters by any means necessary

Even here in Australia the effects of your election will have a ripple effect.

Trump 2020!

Very well said!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Most Christians are Conservatives or Independents. Nobody, NOBODY, voted for Trump based on his religion so who cares whether he's religious or not anyways? Most Christians, regardless of what fake news says, are going to vote for the one with an R beside his name because the D's are only here to screw us over and they constantly attack religion.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I just asked God what he thought and you won't believe his answer.

He said and I quote "I like Trump, I think he's great".
so take that for what it's worth.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Or maybe he is like me and just realizes Obama is even worse than Trump.

That's not what this thread is about. It's about a Christian leaders, in this case from the Washington National Cathedral, denouncing what the nation has become under Trump's vision of America.

When does silence become complicity? What will it take for us all to say, with one voice, that we have had enough? The question is less about the president’s sense of decency, but of ours.
cathedral.org...
edit on 1-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Great, and I don't follow them. I follow God. Those people do not represent me. What have they had enough of exactly?

Question, are you claiming Christian leaders should be deciding the direction of the country? Or is it only when they agree with you?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm saying Christian leaders' job is to be promoting the teachings of Jesus "Christ", and to be promoting Christ like policies and behavior. Christian leaders shepherd their congregations away from evil and sin, by speaking out against the hypocrisy and greed that the "Pharisee and Sadducees" promote.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A church preaching about decency is a bit like a prostitute preaching about celibacy...

I'm neither Christian or conservative. I judge the president by the results of his policies. The economy is up, unemployment is down, and we're winning the trade war. The only thing people can attack him on at this point is nonpolitical issue. Which have no bearing on his presidency or his chances of re-election.

If anything the Democrats constant fixation on being offended will secure Trump's win in 2020. They have no clear message other than "Orange man bad!". Which if you ask me won't be a winning ticket.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The only Christian leader is Christ. I follow God, not men. I like how you dodged the question.

Should people be voting how 'Christian leaders' tell them to? Will you?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
They're welcome to their opinions. I disagree with their basic premise, though. I don't believe he's a racist.

Regardless, as a Christian, I didn't vote for a religious leader. I don't necessarily need the president to believe the same things I do, nor do I need him to behave himself like a priest giving a sermon. All I need is for him to uphold the policy positions that I find important. If he does that, I can overlook the rough edges in his personality and personal behavior.
edit on 1-8-2019 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: Arnie123

You people are so ovet the top and full of air, there isn't a limit.

Who are you People?

I have no dog in your fights. Was just a question based on a post.
I do like to watch you all though.

And therein lies the answer.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So, are you offended by, and do you think the Christian leaders of the Washington National Cathedral were out of line to call out to their congregation about what they perceive as a decent from decency in the open letter?

Should they just shut up about politics and national decency until you need them to display some anti-abortion outrage?

edit on 1-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I thought this was good response to Trump's tweet, "“disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess” when referring to Baltimore.

The Baltimore Sun responded by publishing an editorial titled “Better to have a few rats than to be one.”

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Depends. Can every church leader now tell their congregation who they should or should not vote for? Because Democrats have made that illegal. Why are Democrats cheering these guys on for doing it?

Personally I don't care and more power to them for saying what they want that is America. But they do not speak for Christians or Christianity, and they certainly do not speak for me.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
And before people think what this church put out is an isolated event, here is another rebuke issued a couple of days ago from 11 protestant and catholic churches in Maryland.

Letter to the President

Mr. President, as religious leaders we implore you: in the name of all that is good, healthy and decent, stop putting people down. Enough of the harmful rhetoric that angers and discourages the people and communities you are called to serve – more than you know.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

2016 polls , I will leave it at that

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join