It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Cam Footage Shows Officers Mocking Tony Timpa as He Dies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: TexasTruth

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: TexasTruth

Man calls police for help, police kills man.

Rare event 🤔

Why don't you sign up for some ride outs with police, fire, or ambulance and then judge. You never know, maybe you would like to change careers and actually make a difference.

I always respect your posts but I'm disappointed with you on this one.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a ploice officer and a paramedic for a chain of actions that led to or even caused the death of a self-reporting man with mental illness issues.

So if you aren't a cop, you're not allowed to criticize them? What the hell is that crap?

It is also appropriate for a person to point out that it seems too many cops are killing people needlessly. If you have a problem with someone for pointing that out, because they aren't a cop, I don't know what to say to you.

Thank you for the compliment. I am not a cop though, I am a fireman, and I can be highly critical of cops just like everybody else.
From watching the video, all I was saying is that this type of call happens all the time. Some people call 911 on themselves every other day, they even turn around for handcuffs because its so routine, and we are like "wrong people, we are the firefighters". They laugh, they talk crazy, and sometimes it turns really, really dark and violent. Some of that unsavory banter is probably coming from rookies (just speculating).
I respect your opinion, but like I said, I feel bad for all involved especially the guy who died. I have a feeling those cops felt really dumb and will have to deal with that the rest of their lives. And I know they never thought that guy was going to die and they would be watching that video with the deceased's family in court. If it was my family member I would be furious with all involved, especially my loved one if they were drugged up calling 911 and fighting them.

I think they should be punished, but not charged with murder. I hope that clears up some of what I was trying to say.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Man calls police for help, police kills man.

Rare event 🤔

Why don't you sign up for some ride outs with police, fire, or ambulance and then judge. You never know, maybe you would like to change careers and actually make a difference.

I always respect your posts but I'm disappointed with you on this one.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a ploice officer and a paramedic for a chain of actions that led to or even caused the death of a self-reporting man with mental illness issues.

So if you aren't a cop, you're not allowed to criticize them? What the hell is that crap?

It is also appropriate for a person to point out that it seems too many cops are killing people needlessly. If you have a problem with someone for pointing that out, because they aren't a cop, I don't know what to say to you.

Thank you for the compliment. I am not a cop though, I am a fireman, and I can be highly critical of cops just like everybody else.
From watching the video, all I was saying is that this type of call happens all the time. Some people call 911 on themselves every other day, they even turn around for handcuffs because its so routine, and we are like "wrong people, we are the firefighters". They laugh, they talk crazy, and sometimes it turns really, really dark and violent. Some of that unsavory banter is probably coming from rookies (just speculating).
I respect your opinion, but like I said, I feel bad for all involved especially the guy who died. I have a feeling those cops felt really dumb and will have to deal with that the rest of their lives. And I know they never thought that guy was going to die and they would be watching that video with the deceased's family in court. If it was my family member I would be furious with all involved, especially my loved one if they were drugged up calling 911 and fighting them.

I think they should be punished, but not charged with murder. I hope that clears up some of what I was trying to say.

It does add some clarity, thank you. I thought you were saying that if one is going to criticise the cops, they should try doing the job themselves before criticizing. (Also, I knew that you're a firefighter and I thought also EMT).

I understand that cops have to deal with this stuff day in and day out, and that it's dangerous work. But they chose the job. And you can't just apply for an open cop position- they have to go through education and training, so there are plenty of points along the way where they can say "You know, this job is going to be dangerous at times, I think I would rather not."

The cops in this video are so callous and careless with human life. How does a person get to a point where they even SLIGHTLY suspect that a person may not be breathing, and that realization gets only a passing, almost non-existent reaction from them? Every single one of those cops should be fired and banned from any, ANY type of job with authority over people or hell even animals, for the rest of their lives.

I hope they did have to watch themselves on that video, in front of the dead man's family. I hope they never get near a badge again (though I'm sure they are probably all back out on their beats now, like always happens in these cases), and I hope they take a honest look at themselves and change.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm relieved you were not defending these guys nor discouraging criticism of them.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This old thread seems amazingly relevant today
Wonder why?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

In a perfect world we'd fire every single cop in America, bin their "tactical/paramilitary" kit and rehire the ones -- of any color -- who didn't have clear racist ties or gang-affiliation tattoos.

Too bad we don't live in a perfect world. People could actually "make a difference."
edit on 30-5-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join