It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Cam Footage Shows Officers Mocking Tony Timpa as He Dies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Apologies but the Posse Comitatus forum is not allowing me to post there.

The incident goes back to 2016 but the body cam video was released earlier this week.

www.complex.com...
slate.com...

In the footage, Timpa can be heard crying for help as officers surround him. "You're going to kill me! You're going to kill me!" he screamed while handcuffed on the ground before he becomes unresponsive.

Though he was apparently unconscious at the time, a paramedic administered a sedative. Officers are then heard saying that Timpa was simply "out cold." "It's time for school. Wake up!" a cop mockingly said. "I don’t want to go to school! Five more minutes, Mom!"

Warning, disturbing video.

www.yahoo.com...

Sgt Kevin Mansell, Officer Danny Vasquez and Officer Dustin Dillard were indicted on misdemeanor deadly conduct charges in December but the charges were dismissed in March. They were placed on administrative leave but returned to full duty in April, according to Dallas police.

edit on 1-8-2019 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

Here's your video:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks, fixed it.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Obviously they didn't handle this situation right.

As usual though, the cop-haters will completely overblow this and claim it was murder. It's not murder and that's one reason why cops usually get off, because overzealous prosecutors trying to help their political standing overcharge the officers with charges that aren't substantiated by the evidence.

In this case, maybe you could get them with some kind of negligence charge, depending on what exactly the laws are in that jurisdiction. Even manslaughter would never get past a jury.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Worst part: he called 911 on himself because he was off of his meds and did some blow so was probably freaking out.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Muh thin blue line.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
My question is, Why would they administer a powerful sedative when he was already unconscious?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have been on hundreds of calls just like this. They happen all day everyday, and most "patients" act just like this but do not die. Sometimes they fake pass out, sometimes really pass out, but I've been lucky enough to not see one die.
i feel bad for all involved.
The medics should never administer a sedative to an unresponsive person, and he should not have taken illegal drugs before calling 911.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

Shocking!

These things happen in other 3rd world countries not America. Fake news

-_- my shocked face

We're desensitized to events like these and mass shootings unfortunately.

Do you think because there's video this won't happen again and again?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Man calls police for help, police kills man.

Rare event 🤔

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The one LEO is going to have trouble with the one line caught on video, to the effect of 'I hope I didn't kill him'.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I have been on hundreds of calls just like this. They happen all day everyday, and most "patients" act just like this but do not die. Sometimes they fake pass out, sometimes really pass out, but I've been lucky enough to not see one die.
i feel bad for all involved.
The medics should never administer a sedative to an unresponsive person, and he should not have taken illegal drugs before calling 911.

the cops usually just take the perp to the emergency room where they act like idiots till the drugs wear off. Seen it far too many times, screaming as they start to get off their fix. the ER staff even knows them as regulars by first name.

I don't understand the sedative given to an unconscious person.
edit on 1-8-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I don't understand the sedative given to an unconscious person.

Especially when police records indicate that he was not combative, did not fight with them, resist arrest or try to escape. He was put in handcuffs by a private security guard before law enforcement arrived.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There are all kinds of wrong going on in this video.

Firstly the police mocking the guy who his mental health issues is wrong, they restrain him face down even one of the cops comment that his noes is in the ground when he goes quiet but its when he goes quiet that I really have a problem. These cops obviously need some first aid training because at that point they should be taking some action rather than just shaking him.

What really gets me is that the EMS guys give him a sedative when he is unresponsive, they have him on the trolly shaking him, he's obviously not breathing or at the very least in some kind of respiratory distress at that point. Once in the back of the ambulance that where I am like "WTF..." so he's not breathing, it should be second nature for those EMS guys to get pads on his chest start CPR yet one of them is just standing about as the other plays about with his AMPU-Bag asking the cops to help out with CPR.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Rare event 🤔

Why don't you sign up for some ride outs with police, fire, or ambulance and then judge. You never know, maybe you would like to change careers and actually make a difference.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Tiny Technology Tells Tale: Tony Timpa Taunted To Termination

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Rare event 🤔

Why don't you sign up for some ride outs with police, fire, or ambulance and then judge. You never know, maybe you would like to change careers and actually make a difference.

That's not what they're about. Hashtag campaigns and hating cops on internet forums is so much easier. Then just hope one of those candidates promising them free stuff gets elected.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Once in the back of the ambulance that where I am like "WTF..." so he's not breathing, it should be second nature for those EMS guys to get pads on his chest start CPR yet one of them is just standing about as the other plays about with his AMPU-Bag asking the cops to help out with CPR.

I had the unfortunate opportunity to witness almost the same thing a few months ago. I was at the gym. About 20 feet away from me, a man has a heart attack. The paramedics arrived within about 5 minutes — not bad. Then, they just stood around taking their time (no sense of urgency whatsoever) before administering CPR and chest compressions. After over 10 minutes, they finally revived him. This dude went well over 15 minutes without oxygen to his brain. Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure the man didn’t survive in the end, and at best, survived with brain damage.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Tiny Technology Tells Tale: Tony Timpa Taunted To Termination

Funny...NOT. Are you one of the policemen that was in the video?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

what did they think would happen if you decompress someones lungs for 13 minutes? is that not murder, ignoring someones plea for you to stop suffocating them and making jokes? I'd agree with you if that cop was using improper technique and not crushing the guy, should've at least been convicted of manslaughter and been suspended, this only tells police that they can get away with anything as long as they claim it wasn't on purpose and people who are connected to their profession are the only ones they have to convince, after all, judges can overrule a guilty verdict so in cases like this it always favors the police even if the jury rules them guilty.

that's why people always get angry, because they know how complicit judges and police are in corruption and abuse, that fairness and justice is the exception not the rule and very few police are "good". that's why you need to be harsh on people with authority, otherwise eventually people will lash out against the system with violence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join