It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot sighting near cave in Kentucky

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
many reports out there
www.bfro.net...
www.nabigfootsearch.com...

I like what this guy said

I enjoyed reading the article. One of the reasons Bigfoot is deemed myth, maybe to keep logging open.

beta.capeia.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I have no idea what the real story is but I have relayed here before on ATS an account told to me by a good friend/business associate of 30+ years of something he witnessed as a young teen in Utah that was huge (7-8 feet tall), bipedal, and definitely not a bear (he was within 20-30 feet of it) that crossed the trail in front of him and disappeared up a steep heavily wood slope. He still gets anxious when talking about it and goosebumps rise up on his arms every time. This man is not a liar or kook, whatever it was I'm convinced his story is legit.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If you are walking in the woods see a Bigfoot and you shoot it but it turns out to be a man in a suit trying to fool people would you be charged with murder ?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
It wouldn't surprise me if there USED TO BE a bigfoot like creature that is now extinct. I find it odd pretty much every culture on the globe has their version of Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, etc.

However, I have a hard time believing any exist. At least anywhere near civilization. I can see one being found in the remote wilderness of Alaska or Siberia, but no way I am believing some hick in the middle of Kentucky sees one. Given all the cameras, drones, cell phones, and just sheer number of people around, even remote areas of the US, it is unlikely a 8 or 10 foot tall hairy creature is able to stay hidden.

Even the most elusive creatures like mountain lions, etc get caught on trail cameras all the time. Bigfoot must have some sort of jamming technology that prevents people from taking pictures that aren't with an Iphone 1 that has vaseline smeared on the lens....

I got a cell phone camera that see a pimple on a fly's butt but none of the people who alledgely see these things ever have a camera with more than 1 mega pixel.

Get a map and look at how much America is covered in forest. There is still large swathes of forest that haven't been touched by humans. Most hunters will tell you finding a dead anything in the forest is damn near impossible. It's absurd to think it is not possible for a Bigfoot to exist. Regardless of popular perception the world is bigger than many think. The people that do take pictures no one believes. And the people that don't take a picture aren't believed either.

I mean, we discovered a new giant gorilla in 2004.
edit on fThursdayAmerica/Chicago0801699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

If you are walking in the woods see a Bigfoot and you shoot it but it turns out to be a man in a suit trying to fool people would you be charged with murder ?

Depends where you shoot it, because it's illegal to kill them (or attempt to) in some places.

If the police thought you actually believed it was a sasquatch and weren't just trying to maliciously kill a person in a suit, then you'd probably be charged with manslaughter as opposed to murder.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
Most hunters will tell you finding a dead anything in the forest is damn near impossible. It's absurd to think it is not possible for a Bigfoot to exist.

There was a spot out in the woods where I used to go hang out regularly. One day I went out there I walked past a full-grown deer that had just died. I went back a few times and went past the deer each time. After 10 days, even the bones were gone, and there was essentially no trace of it left. It was interesting realizing that something large can die in the woods and be completely -gone- within a matter of days.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Very possibly. Most hunters try hard not to shoot at things that look like they could be people, though.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

edit on 1-8-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

It wouldn't surprise me if there USED TO BE a bigfoot like creature that is now extinct. I find it odd pretty much every culture on the globe has their version of Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, etc.

However, I have a hard time believing any exist. At least anywhere near civilization. I can see one being found in the remote wilderness of Alaska or Siberia, but no way I am believing some hick in the middle of Kentucky sees one. Given all the cameras, drones, cell phones, and just sheer number of people around, even remote areas of the US, it is unlikely a 8 or 10 foot tall hairy creature is able to stay hidden.

Even the most elusive creatures like mountain lions, etc get caught on trail cameras all the time. Bigfoot must have some sort of jamming technology that prevents people from taking pictures that aren't with an Iphone 1 that has vaseline smeared on the lens....

I got a cell phone camera that see a pimple on a fly's butt but none of the people who alledgely see these things ever have a camera with more than 1 mega pixel.

Get a map and look at how much America is covered in forest. There is still large swathes of forest that haven't been touched by humans. Most hunters will tell you finding a dead anything in the forest is damn near impossible. It's absurd to think it is not possible for a Bigfoot to exist. Regardless of popular perception the world is bigger than many think. The people that do take pictures no one believes. And the people that don't take a picture aren't believed either.

I mean, we discovered a new giant gorilla in 2004.

I'm aware of how big the US is and much of it unpopulated. However, it still doesn't change the fact that it is statistically nearly impossible for an animal purported to be the size of a bigfoot to remain hidden. We haven't even gotten into the fact you'd need multiple Bigfoots for breeding or the amount of food required to sustain an animal that size.

You see dead animals (or traces) of them all the time in the wilderness. However, heat, maggots, and other scavengers can make quick work of a dead animal carcass.

There hasn't been any significant discoveries of entirely new large species in like 100 years. I am not talking about some small variation on an already known animal, but completely new unseen large animal.

Like I said, I can concede that maybe in some super super remote area of a place like Alaska or Siberia where you may not have another human for say 100 miles in any direction (much less a fully developed city), it might be possible. However, I still think unlikely.
edit on 1-8-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

New Great Ape species discovered: the Tapanuli Orangutan. A team of Indonesian and international scientists have described a new species of orangutan, in a paper published on November 2nd in the scientific journal Current Biology.Nov 3, 2017

news.mongabay.com...
Sunday, 10 October, 2004
As a new monkey is identified in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, here are more recent discoveries

'New' giant ape found in DR Congo A mountain gorilla and infant, AP The new ape has some gorilla (pictured) characteristics Scientists believe they have discovered a new group of giant apes in the jungles of central Africa.
The characteristics of the `new` apes are:
Large, black faces (like gorillas)
Up to two metres tall (6.5ft)
Weigh 85kg-102kg (187lb-224lb)
Males make nests on the ground (like gorillas)
Diet rich in fruit (like chimps)

news.bbc.co.uk...

10 new mammals discovered in past 10 years
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 1-8-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

New Great Ape species discovered: the Tapanuli Orangutan. A team of Indonesian and international scientists have described a new species of orangutan, in a paper published on November 2nd in the scientific journal Current Biology.Nov 3, 2017

news.mongabay.com...
Sunday, 10 October, 2004

'New' giant ape found in DR Congo A mountain gorilla and infant, AP The new ape has some gorilla (pictured) characteristics Scientists believe they have discovered a new group of giant apes in the jungles of central Africa.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Those are variations of known animals... not really "new".

I am talking about discovering some kind of a large animal no one has ever seen before in any way...

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

news.mongabay.com...
Sunday, 10 October, 2004

news.bbc.co.uk...

I am talking about discovering some kind of a large animal no one has ever seen before in any way...

They are no more or less variations than bigfoot is of an ape/human. Why can't you just say you was wrong?

Have you spent anytime in the woods? The shadows always look black, you see something move it can be anything. If you see it through trees and it is black most people just think bear, but not even the bear let you close enough to see clearly on the forest.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Trapper from AIMS has said that Bigfoot emerged from the Mammoth Cave area.

There are too many reports to discount every one as misidentification. It's very possible, IMHO, that a large bipedal creature exists. There are places in this country and world that people rarely if ever go, those places could support a population.

I'm still a believer will probably always be one.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

news.mongabay.com...
Sunday, 10 October, 2004

news.bbc.co.uk...

They are no more or less variations than bigfoot is of an ape/human. Why can't you just say you was wrong?

Have you spent anytime in the woods? The shadows always look black, you see something move it can be anything. If you see it through trees and it is black most people just think bear, but not even the bear let you close enough to see clearly on the forest.

Sorry, big difference between an alleged 8 or 9 foot hairy creature and a typical man... that is a bit more than a "variation"

My point is a large and entirely different species has not been discovered in god knows when. Sure, they've discovered variations of known animals, but that isn't entirely new.

I'd be more inclined to believe in large undiscovered sea creatures than I am in bigfoot.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick

Trapper from AIMS has said that Bigfoot emerged from the Mammoth Cave area.

There are too many reports to discount every one as misidentification. It's very possible, IMHO, that a large bipedal creature exists. There are places in this country and world that people rarely if ever go, those places could support a population.

I'm still a believer will probably always be one.

Well according to AIMS, bigfoots use Chupacabra has hunting dogs! If Willie can't build a trap to catch a bigfoot, then no one can!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Well that is a worthy tale Sea and I must admit it does spark my old curiosity. Living up here out in the country in central Oregon I still long for a sighting. My son came by about a year ago from a camping trip up by the Sisters with a tale that just enthused me, but then he admitted he was just pulling my leg. I was greatly disappointed.

Now in my old age I would still like to know for sure rather than speculate but it ain't looking good. Besides, if we really did find one, that would mean that there were more and I don't know as I favor the idea of finding a lost tribe and putting them in a zoo somewhere or considering them illegal aliens and send them away to where they came from.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
See....he likes chicken and watermelon, I tolds ya!!

I keeps a tellin' ye all, its black fellas, runaway slaves of 100-300 years ago, livin' they's own life and doing they thing.

Note: at least my theory is more believable than supernatural creatures from space.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just before the new episodes of Mountain Monsters airs.
Perfect timing.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have been living here in Louisville, KY for the last 19 years, I have many friends who are avid hunters, live close to the cave, and not one story about anything strange.

Heck, just took the grandaughter on a tour of the cave a month ago.

That dude in the campground was messed upped. He was just drunk.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Well that is a worthy tale Sea and I must admit it does spark my old curiosity. Living up here out in the country in central Oregon I still long for a sighting. My son came by about a year ago from a camping trip up by the Sisters with a tale that just enthused me, but then he admitted he was just pulling my leg. I was greatly disappointed.

Now in my old age I would still like to know for sure rather than speculate but it ain't looking good. Besides, if we really did find one, that would mean that there were more and I don't know as I favor the idea of finding a lost tribe and putting them in a zoo somewhere or considering them illegal aliens and send them away to where they came from.

That is why I have said I will never tell anyone if I see one! No one will leave them be then, they would be hunted for trophies even if protected. No doubt at all!!
When this first happened this guy had an office here and it was in the paper right off, he lost his business at the time and people treated him like dirt! As a psychologist he knew I am sure the response but he talked anyway. He was not looking for money he needed to talk.
So people are laughing at him still and calling him a crybaby! they who have never come within feet of something believed to not exist!

There was a boy I think he was 12, up at lake Lemolo back when the logging was going on, years back 60's I think, his Father left him at camp while he worked logging.
He said he went to the lake he was going to play around in the water, when he got close he saw through the trees a big hairy man squatted by the lake drinking water. he was terrified.

I can't for the life of me believe that so many would think all of these people are liars!!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Just before the new episodes of Mountain Monsters airs.
Perfect timing.

The Bigfoot figure is common to the folklore of most Northwest Native American tribes. Native American Bigfoot legends usually describe the creatures as around 6-9 feet tall, very strong, hairy, uncivilized, and often foul-smelling, usually living in the woods and often foraging at night. Native American Bigfoot creatures are almost always said to be unable to speak human languages, using whistles, grunts, and gestures to communicate with each other. In some stories, male Bigfeet are said to be able to mate with human women. In some Native stories, Bigfoot may have minor supernatural powers-- the ability to turn invisible, for example-- but they are always considered physical creatures of the forest, not spirits or ghosts.

Ba'wis (Tsimshian Indian Bigfoot)
Boqs (Bella Coola Bigfoot)
Bush Indians (Alaskan Athabaskan Bigfoot)
Chiye-Tanka (Sioux Indian Bigfoot)
Choanito/Night People (Wenatchi Indian Bigfoot)
Hairy Man (Yokuts Indian Bigfoot)
Kohuneje (Maidu Indian Bigfoot)
Lariyin (Dogrib Indian Bigfoot)
Lofa (Chickasaw Indian Bigfoot)
Matah Kagmi (Modoc Indian Bigfoot)
Maxemista (Cheyenne Indian Bigfoot)
Na'in (Gwich'in Indian Bigfoot)
Nakani (Dene Indian Bigfoot)
Nant'ina (Tanaina Indian Bigfoot)
Nik'inla'eena' (Koyukon Indian Bigfoot)
Omah (Hupa Indian Bigfoot)
Sasquatch (Coast Salish Indian Bigfoot)
Seeahtlk (Clallam Indian Bigfoot)
Shampe (Choctaw Indian Bigfoot)
Siatco (Chehalis Indian Bigfoot)
Skookum (Chinook Indian Bigfoot)
Ste-ye-hah'mah (Yakama Indian Bigfoot)
Stick Indians (Northwest Coast Bigfeet)
*The Woodsman (Athabaskan Indian Bigfoot)

www.native-languages.org...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join