It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barr Declines Comey Prosecution

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
They just are not going to do charges now, there could be charges in the future and as things unfold, the evidence may increase. Or Comey, being he was well up in the FBI has plenty of Crap on lots of people in high positions in our country.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I guess this signals that its ok for other government employees to leak information? That's the message I'm getting. Its almost as if the DOJ doesn't want to discourage the behavior... I wonder who that benefits.

Exactly... If the FBI director can get away with it, then so can i... I'm sure many will think that now. You'd think making an example out of him would send a message to everyone below him, but who knows, we're all working off limited information (when compared to AG Barr - people in the know).

What I'm hoping is that there's more damning charges coming, so Barr doesnt want to waste his time with low-hanging fruit like this.. if he goes after this, people may claim he's going after him politically if/when the major FISA abuse charges come in... By letting him off here, they're showing that its not all political, or a Trump revenge witch hunt... Fingers crossed this is what's going on, and not the beginning of people "getting off" from their obvious illegal behavior
edit on 1-8-2019 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Look at that, another swamp creature getting away. How many high ranking people being thrown in jail does that bring us to? Oh, we're still at 0. Pretty convenient that no one is going to jail.

What do you not understand about the words "at this time" ?

From the Macmillan Dictionary , straight to you (and others) that do not (or will not) comprehend
Self-imposed ignorance is very much worse than true ignorance

at this time

used for talking about what exists now, usually when it may be different in the future

Denying ignorance
Why ?
Some folks go around flaunting it.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Appreciate the update. John Solomon as reporter, so this carries weight.

We can expect that Comey did everything with a lawyers mind, so it
will all come down to close calls. If there are bigger fish, I think this
was a good call. If no fish are ever caught, then the net is full of holes.

Too soon to call? I can only hope, but Comey is as dirty as Fukushima.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just remember the media told us Hillary had a 99.8% chance to win....ROFL....

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Look at that, another swamp creature getting away. How many high ranking people being thrown in jail does that bring us to? Oh, we're still at 0. Pretty convenient that no one is going to jail.

What do you not understand about the words "at this time" ?

From the Macmillan Dictionary , straight to you (and others) that do not (or will not) comprehend
Self-imposed ignorance is very much worse than true ignorance

at this time

used for talking about what exists now, usually when it may be different in the future

Denying ignorance
Why ?
Some folks go around flaunting it.

"at this time" might be a signal.

Remember the classified material on Hillary emails was "written off" as "not classified" -- "at the time".

And turned out to actually be classified "at the time" 😎
edit on Aug-01-2019 by xuenchen because: 💥the💥sun💥burn💥

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
UPDATE: An IG Report specifically on James Comey's actions... the "Comey Report" that Joe DiGenova referred to in June, is expected to be released within the next few days.

The NON-FISA related crimes committed by Comey are what reporter John Solomon says Comey will NOT be prosecuted for at this time.

Good Analysis Here: theconservativetreehouse.com...

As previously revealed, FBI Director Comey (and others) mislead the FISA court in order to get multiple warrants to Spy on Trump and/or his campaign.

When the IG Report on FISA ABUSE is published, all of James Comey's crimes can be bundled together in a single package and referred to the DOJ (Barr) for prosecution.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

hoping for a big fat ............

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

According to Q, the countdown clock started at: 11:41pm (EDT) Wednesday night.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen

According to Q, the countdown clock started at: 11:41pm (EDT) Wednesday night.

The Dark Moon time !!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm going to have this song ready for posting multiple times when the indictments start flowing..

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
That just ruined my morning .

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Lumenari

The FBI recently raided Comey's house, secured the documents he leaked, got a deposition and he lied about not giving copies to his buddy/lawyer.

Could you pass on the source for this please?
Thanks!

The article I read said that the FBI showed up on Comey's doorstep to collect his memos one month after he was fired.

edit on 1-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
But will he escape criminal prosecution for FISA abuse and other acts? I think there's more-better coming.

FISA Abuse was the main thrust of IG Horowitz's investigation. Looks like Comey dodged that bullet as well.

No, there was a separate investigation on Comey outside of the FISA investigation. That's what Joe DiGenova was telling us back in April. Plus, even the FISA investigation doesn't have anything to do with the investigation on how the Russian/Trump conspiracy got started. The FISA investigation was already going on when Barr announced that they were going to check into the Russian conspiracy.
edit on 1-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
If Comey isn't made an example of in some way, shape, or form (as in imprisonment), there is no reason to support our government any longer.

The DOJ declined to prosecute Comey's 2nd in command, Andy McCabe too. If the #2 didn't get prosecuted, the top dog is certainly off the hook. (IMO)

Back in February, McCabe's attorney said that McCabe was still under investigation and that they were both still in touch with the U.S. Attorney in DC. I really think they're waiting to complete the FISA investigation to make their official charges. We obviously know now that leaks aren't going to be punished. In my opinion, if they weren't going to actually charge McCabe at all, they would not require him to stay in touch with the U.S. Attorney.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: watchitburn
Not enthused by this development.

I think The Gut is correct. He is going to get it for something else. Far more severe

I hope so. It would be pretty demoralizing if that scumbag walks after the crap he pulled.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The 2-tiered justice system is alive and well. For those saying they aren't prosecuting because they have bigger crimes to pin to him. What other crimes should he be able to get away with that aren't big enough to prosecute?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Leaking and lying have been going on forever. There isn't enough room in our prison system to charge everyone in our government for that, unless you're biased like Mueller and his team.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I'm biased because I want people prosecuted for committing crimes? That makes no sense at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join