It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Expectancy in the US Is Declining for a Reason

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Life Expectancy is generally a product of income and wealth. So as our living standards slowly decline, it is just natural that our life expectancy goes down with it.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
As an internet expert on life expectancy, I can say that the reason we are dying younger is because we aren't living longer.

SCIENCE!

/thread

*boom*

mic drop

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Fascinating.

*sigh*

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Even Chomsky says it is “generally assumed” to be “economic stagnation since Reagan” that caused the rise in mortality rates. But this is unproven. There are many causes of depression and opioid abuse that do not involve the economy.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

edit on 1-8-2019 by BuckyWunderlick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
but they decided that the sugar wasn't good for us years ago and replaced much of it with the high fructose corn syrup.
butter was bad, so along came the margarine. lard's out, vegetable oil in. fake eggs, low fat milk, lol... my son actually brought home some fake chicken nuggets the other day, surprisingly, they didn't taste that bad.
according to the common wisdom of today, we had attrocious eating habits when I was growing up, all home cooked goodies. food fried in lard, cookies jars always filled, bacon and eggs for breakfast. lol.. school lunches well those were just scary when your cafeteria was in a run down school under a gym that rained dust down on you and your food. and of course, there was smoking in the teacher's lounge in the schools, restuarants, and stores, and homes and cars. ya, we played outside alot, just don't ask we we played at. the creek we caught frogs and pollywogs in is not a epa superfund site, the lake we swam in now occasionally kills people's dogs that happen to venture in it, the swimming pond isn't a good place to swim now either. all that is left is the chlorinated pools which isn't that healthy for you.
the EPA began in the early 70s, passing new laws and cleaning up some of the toxic mess, but still there are plenty of contaminated areas. they passed laws that prohibited companies from just dumping their toxic waste into the rivers and landfills... they just found new and creative ways to throw those toxins into our products, including our food. so, where before, it was just us poor kids who lived close to the industries who got the biggest dose of the toxins while those in the rural areas were left with their clean air, soil, and streams... it got spread into every house hold.

if it was just people's eating habits, why is it that the children my generation produced seemed to have all these health problems at a much wider scale than my generation had..
my mom cooked much in the same way as her mother cooked, with little adjustments to the recipes. sugary deserts were the norm, food fried in lard wasn't rare, eggs were eggs, milk was milk, meat was meat, butter was butter.. if "eating healthy" means eating the way our gov't suggests, it really wasn't that healthy...

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

How long you wanna live anyway? I mean, longer lifespans are cool and all but not if you spend the last ten years helpless and unable to recognize your own children.

That's just unconscious knowledge.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

“We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.”

― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

But I am going to win the lottery! Right?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Surprised YOU would complain about this.

Don't you boys like to fatten up the "cattle" before a nice meal at the local lodge?

I honestly cannot stand chain/processed food, I prefer free range sheeple.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

How long you wanna live anyway? I mean, longer lifespans are cool and all but not if you spend the last ten years helpless and unable to recognize your own children.

That's just unconscious knowledge.

Someone on here the other day mention they just had kids in their mid 50's!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If we only have 10 to 12 years left on the planet, as Democrat leaders say all scientists agree on, who gives a flip about life expectancy??

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I respectfully disagree with OP, but I agree with previous comments about sugar. Type 2 diabetes is the beginning of a miserable existence and end of life. There are many statistics regarding this and it is staggering. I work on a critical Care unit and over HALF of our patients at any given time are Type 2 diabetic. Change. The. Diet. And. Exercise.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
In the US almost everything is done by cars. No body exercise/movement involved and mostly when arrived at work they sit behind some desk. To top it out they yes eat unhealthy/too much.

The nation's obesity rate is approaching 40 percent!

With obesity major health issues arrive and health costs.

Also it's all about profit (not about better/healthy.. Plastic also is one of the major health issues for example, but even found in toothpaste (micro parts), make-up products and they all end up in the oceans, so if you eat sea food allot you eat allot of micro parts of plastics well.

Even the air is filled with tons of particulate matters from traffic/planes/boats/industry, also roads (from tires).. If you live near a road with allot of traffic (& in the US they drive BIG cars with BIG engines & allot of roads), just as well just smoke, it's just as bad!
edit on 1-8-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Economic cleansing--it's a thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Bananas. Didn't Mick Jagger just have another one? Or was that fake news? Why would anyone want to father a child they won't live to see graduate high school due to natural aging?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

That's winning, I can do what I want when I want, that is freedom , I have the right to choke out my own arteries with fats and sugars all I want. That's the greatest thing about living in a free world I can do what I want dammit. Take your commie claptrap elsewhere, punk.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Clever way of presenting the thread. You set it up so that both liberals and conservatives would think you were arguing with them, thereby creating a debate with everyone at once.

I like your style PublicOpinion.

It's amazing how the OP can make a valid point about problems in our politics, economy, and wealth disparity leading to suicides and misery.

Then the majority of posters commenting on it distort it to fit their own biases.

"It's not because of politics, it's because of fat people"
"It's all Trump's fault"

blah blah blah

*Then the bull#ters get more stars than the OP.
edit on 8/2/19 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think it might have something to do with all the fast food rather than those pesky liberals....

I travel each week for work and it never surprises me that when I offer to take clients to lunch or dinner they often want to go to a chain restaurant. Eating processed food will make you a fatty boombah and you will develop numerous health issues from being one.

This is true. Husband has to occasionally help entertain people from overseas, and they often want to go to kitschy US chain restaurants when they come here instead of asking the locals what's really good, not that that's always healthier.

The Chinese were over not long ago, and what did they want? Outback Steackhouse and the bloomin' onion.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Exactly, and it isn't necessarily a political thing either because while rednecks in flyover often get mocked for lack of waistline, you can find plenty of plumpos running around in lefty protests and leading the fat acceptance charge.

Here's trigglypuff shouting down a conservative speaker on a campus, and she's hardly the picture of health.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Lumenari

SoOo...

We're living shorter lives in the US because of Trump...

And gun control, more government and wealth equality will make it better.

So... Noam Chomsky is a Progressive who is wants a Progressive solution to a Progressive problem.

I blame the Department of Education on this...

They're turning out ever-increasing numbers of stupid citizens.

By design, it seems...

Lifespan trends often times take DECADES to show up in a population in relation to health/eduction/food trends.

So it's obviously logical that somehow 2 years of trump presidency has affected decades of US citizen health trends....

Cuz TDS.

Stress is the #1 killer

Trump causes alot of it

Welcome to our lives under Obama!

If you think Trump is stressful for you, imagine how Obama was for some of us.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join