It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Expectancy in the US Is Declining for a Reason

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The wife and I eat pretty well cooking at home for about four hundred bucks a month. I make the majority of the breads and lots of soups from scratch. I buy a half a cow each year, it is grass fed organic, but half of that goes for Christmas presents. Half the breads and soups I make we bring to the daughters and their families, all in that 400 bucks a month. But we have two big freezers, when ahmish chickens are on sale cheap, like a buck twenty a pound, we buy five to six of them. And when there is a sale on ahmish leg quarters, ten pounds for five bucks, I buy a few bags. We buy whitefish whole, I clean it and filet it, it comes out to about six bucks a pound that way. But we are retired, we have time to spend many hours making things. We will make thirty pasties at a time and give half of them to the daughters, then freeze some for ourselves. This is all for about four hundred bucks a month.

So, eating well does not really cost that much if you do it right. It is more labor intensive, but the more you spend the more you have to make. We do eat out once in a while, a fish fry about once a month, all you can eat, and once in a while we do go to Chinese or like next week we will be going to the fair and splitting a BBQ chicken dinner, a half chicken dinner runs ten bucks. The cost of that is mostly under a hundred bucks a month on average for eating out.

But, now vegan, that could be expensive, especially if you buy organic, we just bought a head of organic lettuce from the coop for four thirty nine for a head yesterday. It is worth three bucks a head occasionally for that, it does not taste bitter at all. In the summer we buy stuff from the farmers markets too, that is included in the 400/month.

It is important to avoid commercial grains that are preharvest treated with glyphosate to lessen risk of cancer and many other chronic diseases. I have done lots of research on that and we have reduced consumption of anything with glyphosate residue, and also we avoid triclosan in everything when possible. Another thing we avoid is carrangeenan, mostly because it makes things in it taste like crap. Supposedly it is bad for you, but I choose to avoid it because of it's effect on taste.

It is not much more expensive to eat decent food, and eating seventy five percent good food is acceptable, we can detox low amounts of most chemicals, but nobody can eat a high quantity of highly prepared food without repercussions. And, the chemicals they use to keep veggies fresh longer than they should last does create a toxic load in everyone. We eat a lot of decent quality frozen veggies instead of three week old fresh looking green beans and fresh looking veggies treated with chemicals to stay good looking. That is hard to avoid when a person is being vegan.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: rickymouse
I do not know if there is an agenda or just a bunch of stupid people messing with our food to gain profits.

The agenda is literally to gain profits.
Most people don't care what corners have to be cut or what it will cost us in the long run.

If the Corporation's management wants to have a conscience at the expense of profit, well the board will find new management that will do whatever it takes to increase their portfolio.

In that last sentence, if the management has a conscience, then the business will go out of business quickly. Everyone looses. The problem is people need to learn to eat foods in season more, a store has to stock so many kinds of veggies fresh that there is always lots of waste. They like the veggies to be appealing for a long time so they do not loose money and wind up closing because they can't be competitive. It is not always greed, it is also survival.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

i does NOT say that - try reading it properly

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Life Expectancy in the US Is Declining for a Reason- That will definitely become the narrative and for one very important reason.

Vaccines will make it come true because in addition to anything else vaccines may do to or for the human body, they will, by design, slowly reduce the life span of the masses making the prediction com true. No one will suspect its vaccine because they will believe, as they have been taught to beleive, its due to the pre-decided reason. 90% of the masses will simply accept it as a fact of life and say; "hay, there ya go man."

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

explain HOW vaccines reduce life span // expectancy

PS - please do it coherently -

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Wait....

I thought we were living longer, that's why the retirement age keeps being raised because we have more time to work....

🙄

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I guess the US is just so free, that people chose to engorge themselves in such a lifestyle that sends them to an early grave.

Decadence, in all it's glory.

NOT the fault of our political/social system, just the flaws of humanity(selfishness).

Fat acceptance doesn't help either....A doctor shouldn't be afraid to tell someone they are a fat disaster of a land whale that needs to put the f'in chips down and take responsibility for their actions.

I think I just realised I often take your posts the wrong way. # eh.

Anyways yes that's pretty much it.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Stress is the #1 killer

Trump causes alot of it

Democrats just want you to believe that Trump is the cause of it, the hypocrites that they are.

They are the ones who are driving people to drink.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Clever way of presenting the thread. You set it up so that both liberals and conservatives would think you were arguing with them, thereby creating a debate with everyone at once.

I like your style PublicOpinion.

Thanks, mate! The whole topic transcends party-lines, it's not just me presenting it this way.

Neoliberalism brought us Clinton, Bush, Obama (remember the change slogans?) and finally Trump, it's the new normal of running things across all party lines. Big Corp took over the public services to let them rot away for profits, and pretty much everyone could see that by now. Reaganomics and Thatcherism in action, if you will.

Infrastructure is a good example. When it's cheaper not to maintain the bridges or tracks, what do you expect them to do?
It took a few horrible accidents to build up enough pressure for progress, now they'll invest 90Mil € and update 600 signal boxes within the next 5 years. Too late if you ask me, people died already. For mere profits.

This isn't about ministers, mayors, candidates or partisan trenches. It's about corruption and the corporate takeover that fcked us in the ass. I could go on and throw in a few more examples from Germany to make Noam's point stick, he isn't the only one who presents us with this conclusion. And given the reasons why many people elected Trump in the first place, a more detailed analysis of our current problems would, could and should provide common ground to stand on.

It's up to you, folks!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
How about the 0.1 owning 20% of wealth and the 1% owning 40%. Trickledown is BS... Rich get richer while the poor / middle wealth work 6 day 50 hour weeks just to live.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Big Corp took over the public services to let them rot away for profits...

It's about corruption and the corporate takeover that fcked us in the ass.

Your article on "Neoliberalism" was a total joke and only proved that everyone (not just the elite rich) are vying to sway ideas and opinions.

Do you seriously believe that if the government was in charge of all public services instead of corporations that we wouldn't see as much corruption in it?! While you're article states that humans are the most likely to be "unselfish", that's not an argument for anything. The fact is, humans are still inherently selfish. Politicians can pretend that they're all about protecting the little people, but they won't be doing it with their own actions or money. All they do is appeal to everyone's emotions hoping to get guilt votes. For them, it's about money and power too.

If anything, we've always been self destructive to an extent. No, as people get older, they realize that their opinions and life decisions are based off of their own life experiences as we create a lot of those ourselves without the help of our government or corporations.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

The fact is, humans are still inherently selfish.

Bollox.

We can talk about the crooked ways we invented to make things work, more or less. But that would be a different debate to have, and we don't win anything with simply ignoring aspects like human compassion or unconditional love.

Odysseus - Myth, Sacrifice and Cunning

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I get it that everyone wants to talk about the fatties.

But Choam Nomsky's original quote never even mentioned heart disease; he was talking about "deaths of despair". that means suicide and overdose, not bacon French fries.

You're all supposed to be virtue-signaling about opoiods and euthanasia.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

All your thread has proven is that you're a dreamer who relishes philosophy and poetry with no life experiences helping you to develop any common sense.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Just to throw it in there but Chomsky is correct to a degree in that US infrastructure is in a very poor state, which shouldn't really be acceptable to the American people given the amount of wealth within the nation.

If i was a citizen then that is something that i would certainly be holding the elected members to account for.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Yes, let's ponder what he had to say about that...

The “deaths of despair” phenomenon seems to be a specific U.S. characteristic, not matched in other countries.

His observation that "deaths of despair" are specific to U.S. characteristics, only points out how spoiled rotten our country really is. We can't handle half of the turmoil or living conditions that other countries commonly experience. Once again, this only proves that life expectancy in the U.S. is down....by self destruction and choices.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Just to throw it in there but Chomsky is correct to a degree in that US infrastructure is in a very poor state, which shouldn't really be acceptable to the American people given the amount of wealth within the nation.

The problem is that we have to pick and choose where we spend our money as it doesn't grow on trees, so when our government decides that overhauling our health care system, bailing out banks and auto companies, along with propping up our country with stimulus because of poor government oversight itself, something has to give. It's all about who gets to decide what the priorities are.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

All your thread has proven is that you're a dreamer who relishes philosophy and poetry with no life experiences helping you to develop any common sense.

You don't know jacksh!t about me, good thing you're not patronizing at all!
Guess who has no idea what common sense looks like?

Yeah. Thought so.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Your posts totally give you away. It is what it is. You would rather dream of utopia than face the reality that is.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Go ahead, Public Opinion, show us that you have some real thought inside of you. Explain to us how corporations are the devil and our government would do such a better job of providing all of our services. I can't wait to hear this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join