It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation Zero - A hidden Gem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Is anyone here playing Generation Zero?

Up until last week I had never even heard of the game before.
I saw it in EB games for $50.
But I’ve been burned many times in the past from picking up a game I figured I’d give a chance that I’ve never heard of. Well I went home looked the game up, the reviews were decent, there’s a loyal fan base, the devs are active in the community, listening to the fans and applying monthly updates/fixes.

I then saw the game on sale for being an Xbox live gold member,
So I downloaded the game for $36.
And boy am I glad I did!

The game is awesome.
Set in Sweden in the 80s, killer robots have taken over and you are the chosen one to find out wtf is going on, and while your at it, find out where everyone was evacuated to.

The map in enormous, the graphics are great. The story is self driven/ set at your own pace.
It’s an open world sand box.
There are times when I feel fear while creeping through enormous military bunkers in the dark, and hearing the mechanical sounds of the robots up ahead.

I give it a 7 out of 10 just because there are some bugs still, but like I said, the devs are actively addressing the issues.
This is the first time that I’ve picked up a game I’ve never heard of before and actually am happy with the purchase.

It has a very DayZ/Terminator feel.
Open world survival. You choose your approach, craft, skill tree perks, stealth or offensive attacks, or set traps with EMPs you made, or use the environment to your advantage.

If your into the survival type games, pick this up. There’s nothing decent coming out until October anyways.
Come kill massive robots with me.
If your on the Xbox add GT Carignan
The game is 4 player co-op.
I’ve been going solo, but if I had another decent player, then we can tear these bots apart.

When I get home Monday night we will creep through abandoned Swedish cities and country sides looting and shootin!

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
More than 15 bucks for a game that isn't a new release with a name starting in Elder scrolls or from CDPR?

I'll never understand you console gamers....

I'll search for it on steam, unless it's an "exclusive" or something, Then I'm SOL.
edit on 31-7-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

It’s on all platforms.

Try it out.
If your into open world survivals you’ll enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
State of Decay except bots instead of zombies

However , will purchase just after midnight
Thanks to Steam , GoG , and Gortex (member here on ATS) I have used a bit over 400 gb more than normal just this month with games
546 gb total

Now you
Shame.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Trust me - this game is worth your hard drive space!

Let me suggest the first things to set your sites on in on your skill trees - Running speed and then inventory space.
Get the skills that open up those perks.

Some perks will say 1/2 when you use your skill points to open that perk.
You do not need to invest 2 perks for the 2/2 in order to open the next perk.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This is like their first bug riddled game with too expensive DLC´s which should be in the base game. The Hunter, only that the animals are robots now and shoot back. It has the same major problems, try to run up an hill, try to go into the water or to swim. Wanted to buy it when it wasn´t released but then i read the reviews on Steam, one week after it was released. And i am happy that i didn´t buy it.

A buddy bought it and i watched him playing Generation Zero for several hours on a weekend night, via Discord. The "open world" feels like everything else than an open world. You can´t pickup anything and use it, except the lootboxes. In addition to that, there are only six different kinds of robots if i remember right. And if you loot them, you always only get ammo. It is absolutely not a survival game, it´s a surviving robots and open lootboxes game. Buddy played it never again since that night.

Everything looks same (assets of buildings, cars), everything is empty except those robots. It is what it feels like, the next early access crap, even if it isn´t marked and advertised as early access but as a finished game(which makes it worse). And this one is even for 35 Euros, laughable. It´s worth 10, 15 Euros if you don´t get bored before you played 10 or 15 boring hours. But i bet people will get bored before.

Devs like this don´t deserve any money from gamers!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Gothmog

Trust me - this game is worth your hard drive space!

Let me suggest the first things to set your sites on in on your skill trees - Running speed and then inventory space.
Get the skills that open up those perks.

Some perks will say 1/2 when you use your skill points to open that perk.
You do not need to invest 2 perks for the 2/2 in order to open the next perk.

It isnt hdd space that concerns me.(5 tbs)
Its the realization of how many games I have purchased this month...
I think I set a new me record.

top topics

join