It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling out of the tree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Falling out of the tree The right way. When I was younger and thought that I was indestructible, I sat very high up in the tree, and decided to roll backwards with the idea that I would Gracefully Roll down the branches in a downward spiral. I was right, and I dismounted in a surprised stupor, looking up at my friend, and seeing the surprise look on his face. I had somehow pulled it off.
I would like to hear more stories about younger days when you took a risk and pulled it off.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

Jumping off a bridge... when I was much younger I was dared to jump off a limestone bridge in a park. Took the dare the drop was 20-25 foot. Fortunate for me there was not a tree stump or some other impaling object in the shallower than normal river. Ended up past ankle deep in clay river mud.

edit on 31-7-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: unfinished thought

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis

I would like to hear more stories about younger days when you took a risk and pulled it off.

I made homemade explosives and still have all my fingers.

Today, I'd still have all my fingers but would be a domestic terrorist.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ditto. Also drove way too fast way too often, ran with a crowd of troublemakers and didn't land myself in jail. I'm surprised a lot of us made it out of our teenage years.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

I was probably 10 and went to visit my brother's friend. His bedroom was at the top of a 4 story house. He wanted to show us how he would climb out his bedroom window and climb down the high pine trees outside his window. I went first. Got out of the window, onto the branch and "snap!" I thought I was dead. But, as much as I shot straight down the tree, all the limbs poking outwards from the trunk and the extreme denseness of all the other nearby trees made my sudden descent softer and slower than it would have been otherwise. I landed on the ground without any pain or anything broken with my glasses beside me. A few scratches, but that was it.

In our younger years, we had this immense evergreen tree that was absolutely perfect. Gigantic branches lay outward like giant hands. I would climb to the upper areas and lay on my back on the branches that perfectly cradled and supported me. I would lay on the branches while the wind blew the branches and it was the most serene and glorious time. I would lay in those branches - the tree sat the end of the property and behind our yard was a sidewalk that our small community used. I would listen to conversations approach and leave and know no one knew I was there. One of my favorite memories. I look at such trees now and wish I could still do it.

Thanks for sharing. I am enjoying all the stories.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

Living in a house with 5 families and 9 kids a huge garden and alot of fun, one particular memory remaind very vivid.
We had this pine tree next to a shed. One day some of us, came to the great idea to climb the shed and jump onto the pine, so he did and we all hold our breath, not knowing the outcome, luckily the outer branches where dens enough so you would either roll or slide down...
I don't know how many hours and worried parents we wasted jumping into that three, and no one ever got hurt, except some bruises and scratches.

The ones that suffered most were our parents

NC

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

Loved your story. The best kind of play. Thank you.

top topics

join