It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a dream. A dream that you all realize what "racist" means.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The only stupid half ass person is you as you only addressed half of my post what about the Central Park five and Trump's discriminatory housing practices, yeah I'm sure MLK would have been cool with that.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

heheh sanguine , good choice of word for your analogy

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

MLK wasn't exactly a paragon of moral virtue.

There's enough scandal, innuendo, possible evidence, etc. in his history that indicates he wouldn't necessarily be all that good of a role model.

I'm not saying he was a bad guy or he wasn't an important figure in our history. After all, our founding father's weren't all that great of people either, but they were important people who did what needed to be done and were in the right place at the right time.

I don't believe he would be in any position to judge Trump. As well, I think if he were alive today he would be strung up right beside him just because of the air of potential impropriety around him. #metoo would have him lamblasted just off allegations.

He was just a regular guy and history has put him up on a pedestal. I'm sure he has shady things in his past just like all powerful men do, no matter what color his skin or anyone elses is.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

I have heard about his transgressions. Maybe they are true, maybe not. It doesn't change the message at all. Hitler could have said it, and it would ring true today.

Racism is ignorant.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

Almost every single person on Earth has skeletons in their closet I will concede that, I don't know if there truly are any saints out there.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I never said it changed his message or that it made him any kind of bad man. Nobody's perfect and we all make bad decisions in our lives.

Well until people stop putitng so much emphasis on race, racism will always be a problem. But as long as we are kept artifically divided, we'll never stand united.

I'd agree with that. Even if there were though, someone would be trying to find a shadow to use to tear them down.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I will agree with you here.

People's character should be judged by the totality of their actions, not on individual transgressions. Individual transgressions are the domain of the law, not the domain of the public.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

MLKs logic is simply unacceptable to todays democrats - it's inclusive, tolerant and paints all folks as being equal in the eyes of God.

Everything the democrats rally against.

I now wonder who is going to win 2024, because 2020 is in the bag for orangutan man bad.

My pick for 2024...

Candace Owens, if she were to run, which I hope she does.

Not only would she be the first female POTUS, but the sexiest and most intelligent POTUS the US has ever had..!!

Sorry Trump, I like you, but this woman leaves even you for dead..!!

That said, I hope Tump comes down under after he is finished in the US and runs for office here, given that current Australian political rules pretty much dictate that anyone from anywhere can run for government here..lol
edit on 3-8-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
It is a shame that the words "judge not by the color of the skin but by their character" was never realized within this movement.

Well said.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I just mentioned it in another thread. Rodney King was a crackhead who got beat up and in doing so, showed that the cops had a problem beating up black folk. Riots started and it was King who ushered peace back in with his "can't we all just get along" moment. Then he won a million bucks and spent it all on crack. But he did have that shining moment.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join