It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a dream. A dream that you all realize what "racist" means.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
We already know what it means.

Bull#. If y'all knew what it meant then you wouldn't have overused it to the point that it lost all power of meaning.

Call someone a racist in 2008 - Jaws drop and careers get ruined
Call someone a racist in 2019 - People shrug and keep going

You and your party did this. This is you all's fault because of your desperation to shut down all who oppose, by any means necessary. You've used up your lifeline. I've been saying for years that democrats never think ahead and this is one more example of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Call someone a racist in 2008 - Jaws drop and careers get ruined Call someone a racist in 2019 - People shrug and keep going

Right......so OP is abusing dr. King's speech to whine about how the left calls everything racist nowadays and here you are whining about how calling someone a racist doesnt destroy careers anymore today? So you sad they didnt destroy Trump?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

I would compare David Duke's Stormfront forum as a devious ongoing example of what exemplifies racism.

Agreed, but even the infamous David Duke's particular brand of hate is mild compared to what was. I honestly don't think people can understand what real racism really is today. The fact that it has been almost completely erased from society's memory is a testament to how far we have come.

Imagine a world where you are not allowed to hold a job in a certain area... where you are not allowed to be in a certain area, just because of who you are. Imagine that you look through Zillow for a house to move into and right there in the listings, time after time, is a statement that you cannot buy this house because of who you are. Imagine being tried for a crime you did not do, and all evidence to support you being dismissed because of who you are. Now imagine spending the rest of your life in a filthy jail cell because of that, and then, after you have died, your "victim" admits on her deathbed that the crime never happened... she just didn't like you being somewhere because of who you were.

That stuff happened.

David Duke it the last surviving vestige of a philosophy of hate that has run its course and likely will die with him. He is irrelevant, because my generation made him irrelevant. Do not give him his power back, I beg of you. Do not give him the satisfaction of thinking anyone even cares what he thinks. He cannot hurt people any more. We have outgrown him.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickOShea

Call someone a racist in 2008 - Jaws drop and careers get ruined Call someone a racist in 2019 - People shrug and keep going

Right......so OP is abusing dr. King's speech to whine about how the left calls everything racist nowadays and here you are whining about how calling someone a racist doesnt destroy careers anymore today? So you sad they didnt destroy Trump?

Trump's not racist. Again, disagreeing with a liberal and calling out their problems isn't racist. I don't care how many times it's repeated.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Duke wasn't as bad as Robert Byrd. The only difference between the two was an R and a D. But the dems supported the one with the D beside his name.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Trump's not racist. Again, disagreeing with a liberal and calling out their problems isn't racist. I don't care how many times it's repeated.

Wth? How is this a response to my comment? I didnt say or even imply that Trump is racist. You are suggesting that in 2008 things were better because you could destroy a man's career by saying he is racist, yet this is exactly what Democrats have been trying to do to Trump the past years but failed. Are you sad that they failed?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Please.

The dems have a governor who was in black face in college and he's still governor!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Please.

The dems have a governor who was in black face in college and he's still governor!

they only hold statues accountable in that state....

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: network dude

King wasn't fighting racism, he was fighting for black people to have basic constitutional rights. He knew racism would still exist for decades to come, and he was right.

Yes, but today his idea of judging people by the content of their character is considered to be white supremacy. So King is a racist. After all, judging people on merit is meritocracy and meritocracy is just a means of propping up white men.

Do you begin to see how stupid it all becomes? If you cannot judge people on the content of their character, on their merit as individuals, then how do you judge them? Or do you devolve to the moral relativist pap that you can only judge yourself and it is not for you to judge anyone else?

I guess that means when some random schmo off the street is handed a scalpel and you are told he will be doing your brain surgery in the interests of "fairness" and "not judging", you will be perfectly sanguine about it? Yes?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Please.

He is a Democrat. If he says he was sorry and made mistakes, well, because he's a Democrat, everyone knows he can be forgiven because his heart is in the right place now. It's not like he's an evil Republican or something. Geez!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickOShea

Wth? How is this a response to my comment? I didnt say or even imply that Trump is racist. You are suggesting that in 2008 things were better because you could destroy a man's career by saying he is racist, yet this is exactly what Democrats have been trying to do to Trump the past years but failed. Are you sad that they failed?

Maybe you're not wording it right.

I never said it was better in 2008. I don't care if Paula Dean said something racist in 1950, but the left ruined her career and demanded she apologize for her sins. By 2015, they were trying to say Trump was unqualified because his dad may or may not have been involved in a KKK riot in the 1920's.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Please.

That's because he has a D beside his name. They don't care if it's them being racist by their own standards.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Things are moving that way against Christians in this country, but they still have a ways to go to get there.

But we see the beginnings with the attempts to block Chick-fil-A for no other reason than their founders' beliefs, and the hostility to Christians who aren't ashamed to be Christian in other public arenas of life, and I'm not talking obnoxiously so in many cases. Merely stating your opinion somewhere in a way that can be linked back to you is enough.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I find the misuse or racism and sexism, and other such things sad, because there still are such things that deserve and need attention, but 90% of the things getting coverage and attention aren't those things because the words are overused and misused constantly, even worse, they're often disregarded when they actually should be used. Is absurd how often these words are used wrongly, but then rejected when used properly.
edit on 8/1/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It's because people don't want solutions. They want what they want and nothing else. A solution means you have to work with others who don't necessarily want what you want.

Using these tactics is a way to try to buffalo the opposition into shutting up or disappearing so you don't have to deal with them. In this case, it's been elevated into a war because simply shaming hasn't worked, so now they seek to inflict real harm along with the words. If that doesn't work, the next step will be to move to bodily injury, physical intimidation and damage, and we've started seeing it in some places too.

This has all happened at least once before in this country, and it leads nowhere good if it doesn't de-escalate soon.

Case in point to how it's all calaculated:

Remember the outrage over Trump calling places sh!tholes? Guess who was outraged, very, very loudly? Sen. Spartacus was, and guess who also called many of those same places sh!tholes on national TV last night in front of the same audience who was so outraged about those wonderful places being called sh!tholes not so long ago? Sen. Spartacus.

See? No one cares about what you call those places. They only care about who says it and how they can use it to pummel their opposition in this war.
edit on 1-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I've had some bad run-ins with the KKK (with the racist organization still being alive and well today)...that involved threats, beatings and assaults on my own person --- Though I don't want to get into the specifics of my tribulations, which also involved investigations by the county police; along with my participation in anti-Klan marches in Greensboro, North Carolina. Washington D.C, and Aberdeen, Maryland.

edit on 1-8-2019 by Erno86 because: added vid

edit on 1-8-2019 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Anti-Klan march?

That's about as useful as a march to protest the Italian Mafia. Both are about as relevant as the other. Wheres the link to the threats and violence you received from the KKK?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If Trump was president during mlks day he would have labeled him an anti American trouble maker and told him to go back to his country. MLK would have been there vilifying Trump for his participation in the demonization of the Central Park 5, his unfair housing at his apartments, his Muslim ban and his treatment of asylum seekers. Can you say otherwise without deflecting?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Yeah, I can.

Who can say who MLK, Jr would be had he grown up in a way to be himself today, or who can say where he would have gone had he not been assassinated?

Similarly, Trump is a today figure forged in the forces of today. Who can say what he would have been had be been born that many decades earlier to be the age he is today in the days of MLK?

You can't know these things anymore than someone can know for sure what Jesus would be saying today even though people sure do try.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
If Trump was president during mlks day he would have labeled him an anti American trouble maker and told him to go back to his country. MLK would have been there vilifying Trump for his participation in the demonization of the Central Park 5, his unfair housing at his apartments, his Muslim ban and his treatment of asylum seekers. Can you say otherwise without deflecting?

MLK would have been in Trump's corner. Surely you don't think he'd have been a democrat. muslims weren't democrat pets back then so he wouldn't have coddled them anymore than he would have coddled illegals. What a stupid, half-ass post with no thought.
edit on 1-8-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join