It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a dream. A dream that you all realize what "racist" means.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Racism is bearing hate towards another culture.
It’s just coincidence that culture and pigment go hand-in-hand.

Humans are simple creatures, we fear and blame that which we don’t understand.

We are not that simple. Sometimes we don't fear or hate what we don't know, but we want to be there and experience it or get to know it because we might be interested.
Do you ignore all these facts so that your racism equation works out to your liking?

Humans are also quick learners. If something or someone is teaching knowledge or brings progress, we don't normally hate them. If someone behaves negatively, we tend to avoid them and similar types, because, lets face it, we are just simple creature and it helps our well being and a safe community.

If we were truly deep thinkers we'd agree that we are all different. In the same way dog breeds are different. They tell me that Retrievers are 'good boys' and Jack Russells have their own fisty minds but they can't according to humans they are all the same dog, both in character and looks.
Science is only true when it comes to animals or skeletons [which are always instantly grouped into male/female]. When it comes to living [western] humans we are told men are women, or anything they like really, and we have to agree or else.
I long back to the days when being different from each other was interesting and a basis of hours of stories and awe.
Now I can be a 6 foot blond Norse standing next to an Aboriginie and I have to say with a serious face that they are both exactly the same, in appearance as in culture. No difference, the law has spoken, feck your eyes and experience.

May I just say to some of the Younger generations that differences didn't instantly mean you are better or worse. On the contrary, it was really interesting and endeared all these different people [including us] to you far more than living a lie.
From it came dreams of foreign lands and ancient lore. Similarities were noted and you could really get lost/interested in another people/culture.

Nowadays you have to say to a foreign friend that they are exactly like all other humans and their individualist stories are beautiful if ethnic but dreadful if western.

How far can this strange sanctioned deception go until someone calls out the Naked Emperor!

"Nobody is the same. We are all different!"
"I'm not."

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: RickOShea
a reply to: network dude

Can the OP now finally explain what he is on about?

no, if you can't read the OP and decide what it's about, you have no business asking questions. Stay in school.

So if I dont understand something I have no business asking questions? How very enlightened of you. Ok let me read it again and do a short recap.

racism! Racism!! RACISM!!!

Again, what are you talking about. What racism?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Gothmog

What was the climate of racism like back then?

Basically , the ignorant folk tried to hold out and hold on to their "bigoted" ways .
And there is a difference between being a bigot and being racist.(re:Archie Bunker , All in the Family style)
Most were old school Democrat ( I kid you not) .
It was not as bad as the folks today believe.(at least not here in Georgia)
Desegregation in the schools were the greatest hurdle to overcome.
Dems fought that tooth and nail.

Just a short outlook from me on some of the misconceptions of the time.

It was more casual and not usually coupled with in-your, not so much in-your-face animosity. Have you heard the Nixon-Regan tapes?

Having been at ground zero for desegregation in Little Rock with the Army vs. National guard, folks in Arkansas were quite a bit more laid back about it by the 70's. Almost everybody was financially disadvantaged - so we had that in common.
I moved from Arkansas to Texas in the 70's and we didn't have inner city urban race riots then. The "big city" had around 100,000 people, so "urban" wasn't much of a thing then in Arkansas.

Texas was another story. But when I moved to a small town I found that Dems & Repubs bristled against desegregation because of the busing issues. It was really stupid. People where I live took their kids out of school, had babies, and never went to Dallas for fear and loathing of traffic. So the town has a median 8th grade education and median house price of $54,000 with median income almost $40,000. Nuff said.

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We already know what it means.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Have any of you watched this

its really good

Dr Cornel West

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Can the OP now finally explain what he is on about?

no, if you can't read the OP and decide what it's about, you have no business asking questions. Stay in school.

So if I dont understand something I have no business asking questions? How very enlightened of you. Ok let me read it again and do a short recap.

racism! Racism!! RACISM!!!

Again, what are you talking about. What racism?

ok, if you watch the news, or listen to what's going on right now, with regards to the president, it seems he's racists for being mean to people of color.

for reference on my thoughts, try reading these:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems that to go against someone politically may be OK, but it's not if they have different levels of melanin in their skin.
I was pointing out why this is idiotic. I wrote it in such a way that many people from many educational backgrounds could easily understand my meaning. It's so self explanatory that to ask what it's about it baffling.

If you are familiar with Dr. King and his message, you start to grasp that he wanted everyone to be the same. Everyone to accept everyone else for who they are, not for what they look like. Dr. King may have been a little hard for some educational levels to understand, and for that I apologize. I remember learning about him and his cause at a very young age and grade, but I must have had superior schools where I was at.

If we all stopped pointing to racism to end discussions that are uncomfortable, and started just talking about what needs to be discussed, I feel things would improve.

If any of that is unclear, you be sure to let me know, and I'll spend the extra time required to clear it up. It was wrong of me to assume you were trolling, and I'm here to help all of God's children understand important things.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
We already know what it means.

does it mean that if you disagree with another person, and they are darker skinned then you, you are racists?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

ok, if you watch the news, or listen to what's going on right now, with regards to the president, it seems he's racists for being mean to people of color.

Not to me it doesnt.

If you are familiar with Dr. King and his message

Didnt he get beat up by the po lice?

If we all stopped pointing to racism to end discussions that are uncomfortable, and started just talking about what needs to be discussed, I feel things would improve.

Me too.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RickOShea

which brings me back to the original reply. Stay in school.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

does it mean that if you disagree with another person, and they are darker skinned then you, you are racists?

It sure doesnt. Why? Did that poster insinuate such a thing by telling you that we already know the definition of racism? Who is this thread aimed at? It seem you are very angry at ATS members for telling others they are racist?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I was a toddler when this speech was given, living in the same state as Selma, where one of Dr. King's most memorable marches occurred. I saw racism... it was a hidden anger, subconscious fear and loathing, buried deep within the very fabric of society. Like any infection, it would occasionally boil to the surface and show its ugly self... like the majestic old schoolhouse where I spent my first year in school, one of the very first classes to be integrated under desegregation... it burned down that summer. Rumor was it was over the integration, but no one ever found out for sure.

My grandparents' generation did not associate with black folks. Ever. It was an offense to God Himself for the races to mingle. It wasn't a hatred, per se, but rather a decades-old lifeview, handed down from generation to generation. I believe they actually felt sorry for black folk, as they saw them as less than fully human, just human enough to be protected by the law.

My parents' generation did not socialize with black folk, but they would work with them and do business with them. They were human, but just different. That difference didn't stop them from being people, but it was still enough that they simply kept their distance.

My generation was a mixture of those who hated black folk and those who couldn't understand what the real difference was. The latter won out; we ignored the KKK into oblivion and eventually stripped them of all political power. We learned, eventually, after years of trying to understand each other, that we really are all alike in what matters. Still, for most of my life, I will admit that last bastion of racism, disgust at the thought of mixed marriage, remained. I eventually overcame that as well.

My children's generation sees no color. They don't care any more about skin color. It's no different than weight, height, hair color, eye color... just another of many physical attributes that we all differ in. The thought of treating someone differently over skin color is repulsive and foreign to them. I'm proud of that.

Three generations... three short generations... to move an entire culture, an entire region, from true racism to true acceptance. I find that amazing; people can be pretty stubborn. And to think... it all started because one lone man named Martin Luther King, Jr. had a dream. That's a damn powerful dream.

But there is a more powerful dream, the dream of personal power over others. No one has given a speech about this dream; it has been kept quiet because no one is as proud of it as Dr. King was of his dream. It is a dream of bringing back the prejudice that three generations fought to overcome. It is the dream that says, if we keep the dumb black folk down while telling them we care about them, they'll adore us anyway. This dream requires segregation again, and uses instilled fear and loathing to achieve it. "Whitey" is just trying to stop you from being yourself. "Blackey" is greater than you are, so don't you dare criticize him. Oppress one group, while telling them that they are being oppressed by another group, and the only way to stop this oppression is to oppress your oppressors. Tell the other group they are oppressors and should be ashamed of themselves. It's a perfect recipe for divisiveness, and it has worked extremely well. There are now, once again, as we move into my grandchildren's generation, hints at the old racist attitudes returning. Only one generation required.

I heard Dr. King's niece (can't remember her name) speak a few days ago. She was very eloquent, and understood the dream Dr. King held so dear. She is a great woman, and I pray some will listen to her words if they get the opportunity.

Thank you, OP. This needs to be said over and over and over again, as many times a necessary, shouted from the highest hills and the deepest valleys, until people understand it and those who would promote that opposing dream are once again ridiculed and ignored into obsolescence.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It sure doesnt. Why? Did that poster insinuate such a thing by telling you that we already know the definition of racism? Who is this thread aimed at? It seem you are very angry at ATS members for telling others they are racist?

sorry, my manners are poor. Welcome to ATS. If you need help navigating the site, try the link here.

And remember, when someone is addressing you, they will likely quote you or reply to you directly. If they are addressing another member, your name likely won't be the one in the post.

Good luck and always finish homework.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think the point you made is often ignored. We have made significant progress in a relatively short period of time. No, it's not done yet, but it's moving in the correct direction and God willing, will arrive where it needs to be one day. Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that I not speak unless spoken to? It seems you feel that ATS members need to be taught a lesson on what racism actually means. Could it be that you are projecting your mainstream media triggered anger at ATS members in general?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

I think the point you made is often ignored. We have made significant progress in a relatively short period of time. No, it's not done yet, but it's moving in the correct direction and God willing, will arrive where it needs to be one day. Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

I think that there are elements within minority communities that think that it is moving too fast. They have staked their claim in the mine of racism and they don't want to give that up.

There is profit to be made in division and hatred.

If there's equality, then there'd be no benefit in skin color.

Any benefit would have to be made on merit and actual effort.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RickOShea

are you projecting what you think onto others? I know when I say something, I try to make it clear enough for the one I'm speaking with to understand. As with this case, it doesn't always work.

You are free to speak to anyone you like, but if you do it inappropriately, you may find difficulties sticking around. (read the T&C to find out more)

Pro tip, educate as to what the subject matter is about before jumping into a thread will yield the best results. I was given that advice a long time ago and I remember it even today. Good luck, and I hope to see you around the site for a long time.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Judging people by their character would mean merit and success matter. The left hates those things. They prefer failures and keeping their voters victims who need their help.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

S&F

Not just racist, but they need to understand what "bigot" means, too. And all their other dog whistle words. For example, just because you don't like michelle obama doesn't mean you're a racist, misogynist, sexist bigot. It just means you don't care for her.

MLK would be highly disappointed in the party that stood against him in the 60's because they still judge people by the color of their skin.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

MLK would be highly disappointed in the party that stood against him in the 60's because they still judge people by the color of their skin.

One of the most true things ever posted here.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I would compare David Duke's Stormfront forum as a devious ongoing example of what exemplifies racism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join