It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a dream. A dream that you all realize what "racist" means.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
First off, if you wish to enter into this conversation, I suggest you understand what it's based on. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made a speech that has resonated throughout history with an ideal that has been embraced, practiced, and now ridiculed and forgotten.

In this speech, the famous words to which this speech was named were spoken. The words that were meant to unite "all of God's children", are now a mere joke, a joke without a punch line.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character

Those words used to be powerful. They used to remind us that we are all the same, we are all pink in the middle and we all bleed red. Today, you are "racist" if you disagree politically. The very fabric of reality resides on the meaning of ideas. That fabric has been torn and discarded.

If a black man says or does something wrong, should he be shielded from ridicule? Should his indiscretions be ignored? Or should he be treated the same as a white man, or a tan man, or an orange man?

We are all the same. Go to a park and watch children play together. The small ones, the innocent ones, who have yet to learn how to hate based on skin tone, don't care what color the other kids are. They only care that there are other kids there to play with. Hate is taught. And right now, hate is being promoted by the stupid. Don't fall for the hate. Don't let the stupid seep into your life.

My signature is of special importance to this topic. It's from an album which tells a story. A story about a man living with his struggles in life during a time when nuclear war was a daily fear. His final thought, his epiphany that overcame him at the exact moment before he was consumed by fire and turned to dust, was that we are all the same. And sadly, that will be the same time most will come to realize that thought. Having spent an entire life living with hate that was taught to them over a lifetime. Taught by imbeciles who honestly had no business teaching anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
It is a shame that the words "judge not by the color of the skin but by their character" was never realized within this movement.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Race is irrelevant.

Once you take the time to get to know someone there are so many better reasons to hate them.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

MLKs logic is simply unacceptable to todays democrats - it's inclusive, tolerant and paints all folks as being equal in the eyes of God.

Everything the democrats rally against.

I now wonder who is going to win 2024, because 2020 is in the bag for orangutan man bad.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Race is irrelevant.

Once you take the time to get to know someone there are so many better reasons to hate them.

Religion will work when nothing else will....That's what we're taught as little kids in Texas.
edit on 31-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Race is irrelevant.

which is precisely the point. I knew you would get it.

Hate me because I'm a douche, not because of my skin color.

And by the same token, don't hold back on saying what you mean, because of my skin color. That is patronizing and just as bad.

Thanks for always bringing the voice of reason.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

In Masonry, we eat babies from all races!

2nd. Line...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

2nd. Line...

which is why you are taught in the first degree that masonry regards men for their internal qualities and not the external.
once it's smothered in gravy, it's so damn good nobody cares about anything else.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

2nd. Line...

Which colour tastes the best, and which one tastes the worst?

asking for a fiend..........

no, thats not a spelling mistake.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

They ALL taste like Chicken!

Sweet, sweet smoked chicken with a honey glaze!!!

Pro tip, smoke with Peach tree...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

King wasn't fighting racism, he was fighting for black people to have basic constitutional rights. He knew racism would still exist for decades to come, and he was right.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

In this speech, the famous words to which this speech was named were spoken. The words that were meant to unite "all of God's children", are now a mere joke, a joke without a punch line.

What are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

King wasn't fighting racism, he was fighting for black people to have basic constitutional rights. He knew racism would still exist for decades to come, and he was right.

this isn't up for debate, listen to his speech. I linked it in the OP. You don't even have to read it, just listen.

He may well have known racism would always exist, but his message was to overcome racism, to unite mankind. It was "his dream".

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Hate me because I'm a douche, not because of my skin color.

In these days ....... You can hate a white douche and its acceptable.

But hating a black douche becomes a hate crime and you become a racist.

I haven't been able to figure that one out ..... but it happens.

And by the same token, don't hold back on saying what you mean, because of my skin color. That is patronizing and just as bad.

Agreed but somehow its not working like that, removing the 'race'

card might help.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I know his speech, and have listened to it many times.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

MLKs logic is simply unacceptable to todays democrats - it's inclusive, tolerant and paints all folks as being equal in the eyes of God.

Everything the democrats rally against.

I now wonder who is going to win 2024, because 2020 is in the bag for orangutan man bad.

An undisputably factual post.
Every single point you just made is 100% undeniably true.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Race , a manufactured word , used by governments to segregate folks
Everything I fill out , including the census , Race - Other_Human
I will not have it any other way.
There IS only one.

Say what you will of the Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King , Jr . , a great person was taken from this earth too early.

edit on 7/31/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I know his speech, and have listened to it many times.

I saw it on TV
First run

edit on 7/31/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What was the climate of racism like back then?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

edit on 31-7-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join