It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-18E down near Jedi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
a reply to: Bigburgh
If someone has caught it on video or pics let's hope it's passed on to the relative authority and not used to gain YouTube hits and popularity especially if the fate of the crew turns out to be the worst case scenario

Honestly, if anyone filmed it; there had better be a safe and happy outcome. Otherwise please don't upload that anywhere. Unless it's for investigative purposes only viewed by to proper crash investigators.

Now off to read the rest of this thread to see what transpired..

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Most of the pictures and video would be taken as soon as authorities arrive on scene. They need it for the investigation. But I'm certain some will turn up.

At this point, it's a recovery mission as far as the pilot goes.

And my post is bunk...
G'ZUS.

Reading on.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The viewing area is actually right off of a major roadway that goes through that area. It has a paved parking lot and restrooms. The impact site is only a couple hundred yards away from this parking lot.
At most times we were there there was anywhere from a few people to several dozens.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

SWITCH11 flight of 2. No ejection attempt reported, 7 injuries on the ground.

WTF? 7 ON THE GROUND??!!

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

This is the aircraft entering the canyon, and the impact site. That's exactly where Sam and I usually stand when we are there.

Based on the impact site, and the picture of him entering, we are speculating that he entered wrong and came too far over to the right of the transition and couldn't make the first turn.

Why is good in Red?

I step away for a few hours.
Something terrible happened.

I return and it's much worse.

Man I feel for all involved right now.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

This might help people see how close this was to where Zaph, I and others were to the impact site.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

This is the aircraft entering the canyon, and the impact site. That's exactly where Sam and I usually stand when we are there.

Based on the impact site, and the picture of him entering, we are speculating that he entered wrong and came too far over to the right of the transition and couldn't make the first turn.

Why is good in Red?

Because that's just the color that I started with when I Photoshop'd it. Lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

The viewing area is actually right off of a major roadway that goes through that area. It has a paved parking lot and restrooms. The impact site is only a couple hundred yards away from this parking lot.
At most times we were there there was anywhere from a few people to several dozens.

Father Crowley.

Worse timing ever but.
Sammish, wondering where you've been. Very happy to see you.

And yes I remember the photos you and Zaphod did.

Again thanks for your presence. 👍
edit on 31-7-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Thanks, I do miss this place but I hardly have time for online forum stuff anymore. I sort of keep up on the daily AP forum drama through Zaph. Lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

Thanks, I do miss this place but I hardly have time for online forum stuff anymore. I sort of keep up on the daily AP forum drama through Zaph. Lol.

Good to hear it. Not this situation, but glad to see you... Really🤗

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Minor burns from the fireball.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Unconfirmed word is that the injuries on the ground were to a French family that stopped at the canyon, and were unaware it was a training area.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I used to stop there many times at Father Crowley overlook to let my truck cool during the hot summer days because of the emergency water tank there.

I never understood why I was never there when aircraft were flying through the canyon.

I did one time fly in a friends' aero commander 100 down through rainbow (starwars) canyon while coming from Chicken Strip Saline Valley Warm Springs heading to Trona airport. He would cut the engine at the top of the canyon and glide down the canyon on the hot wind coming up the canyon in the afternoon.
www.youtube.com...
In those days(early 1980s we had no idea the military used rainbow (starwars) canyon.

Now I would be afraid of being hit by a jet.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-8-2019 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

It was kind of hit or miss on when and who came through the canyon for us. We've been there when you can sit for hours and nothing comes through, followed immediately by hours of barley having time to look at the photos you took before the next jet drops in. The day of the week and weather also plays a huge roll on what you get.
edit on 1-8-2019 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

It's fun when you get the guys that only run the transition multiple times.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The injuries were confirmed to be to members of a single family. One person was transported for evaluation, but the injuries were not serious. The aircraft impacted approximately 165 feet from where they were.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

And that's why the pilot probably rode it all the way into the ground. Bob Hoover 101; it's far better to sacrifice yourself and pepper the onlookers with shrapnel than for you to walk away and there be 7+ fatalities instead.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The Navy officially confirmed the pilot did not survive.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The aircraft is believed to be BuNo 168471, NG 400. It was the CAG bird for the unit.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Sorry dude no. It's sparse out there. Pulling the handles all day long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join